AC⚡DC Tribute mini-cab build

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    SPAMP
    Participant
      @spamp

Tribute table artwork completed 10/23. Bitter sweet as with the passing of co-founder Malcolm Young. I thought I would have the cabinet together by now but there was a delay in shipping from the cabinet mfgr. I may have made a small change or two for the final version. I don’t have a screen shot of it handy.
      I do not take credit for the individual images. Simply put them together in a collage and arrangement.
      This was my first time using photoshop.

Tell me what you think!

https://imgur.com/a/INM6O

1 user thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

You not doing a coin door?

I do like one cab side better then the other and yes sad to hear the founder has passed

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

SPAMP
        Participant
          @spamp

randr,

Thanks for the feedback. No, no coin door. It was not an option from the cabinet manufacturer. He said it would have added $100+ to the cost so he opted out in the design. This is a budget min-cabinet build. If I ever do a full size I will consider a coin door, and actuators, and DMD.

Which side is your favorite?

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

For me – right side because of a woman’s a.. :)

But, left side looks cleaner. Take your pick :wacko:

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

I thought side with the girl was more clever but other side is laid out nice too

for IOS and Android

SPAMP
              Participant
                @spamp

Hey Thalamus or randr, Could you help me complete this tribute table? I am still getting the ball stuck behind the Bell.

Thalamus I know you advised me on where to look but I still can only fond verison 1.4 which is giving me the issue.  Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks guys!!

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Author of table is on monsterbashpincab.com site i would look there. @Ninuzzu is a great guy im sure he has a fix for ya

for IOS and Android

SPAMP
                  Participant
                    @spamp

I reached out to him on the 15th. Just shot another note over to him. I’m sure he is busy building another kick-a$$ table!

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

Have you tried the Helen mod – if the same happens there ? I know this was an issue in the early release but I’m quite sure it was fixed. I played this table for a week in the VPF game of the week challenge without any issues. And I’m pretty sure that was the Helen version.

Did you read the support thread over at monsterbash. Maybe there is some info hidden about the issue.

SPAMP
                      Participant
                        @spamp

I don’t know. I only know it was 1.4. I must have to look harder this was the only one I could find. =(

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

Sorry – I meant LUCI mod.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

yeah i didn’t think i had ball get stuck ever on Luci mod as thats the one i play. :good:

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

SPAMP
                            Participant
                              @spamp

I’m in touch with ninuzzu now… but if any wants to see a video of the issue occurring look here:

0:48 – Bell issue; stuck missing ball 1:11 – Table ties standard ball eject procedures 1:50 – DMD displays; “Operator Alert Ball Eject Device Malfunction” 2:40 – Nudging is attempted; Left & Right 2:56 – DMD displays; “Pinball Missing Please Wait” END – Ball dies and next ball is set for play

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

You are running the latest sam beta ? Randr put up a sticky to the thread some weeks back.

SAM Pinmame link @VPU

SPAMP
                                Participant
                                  @spamp

unsure, probably not. I will have to check on that and get back to you. thanks again. I am direct launching out of VPX. Does that matter?

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

No, has nothing to do with PinballX – VPX is short for Visual Pinball 10 – the one after VP9 ;-)

Easy to get confused about those two since we are a lazy bunch and often call PinballX … PBX.

SPAMP
                                    Participant
                                      @spamp

Thalamus & randr, thanks for the info. I also heard back from ninuzzu. I’ll post below in case anyone else makes the same missteps that I have:

BTW This may be my new favorite table over High Speed! 

From what I see, I can say that you have an old version of VPinMame.dll.
                                      The A-X-E inserts , bumpers lights and other inserts are not working, because:
                                      1) you are not using the correct rom, wich is here:
                                      http://vpuniverse.com/forums/<wbr>files/file/3274-acd_168hzip/

2)you are using an old version of vpinmame so please update it.
                                      To update vpiname download the latest SAM beta here:
                                      http://vpuniverse.com/forums/<wbr>applications/core/interface/<wbr>file/attachment.php?id=4321

Extract it on the desktop and then copy the vpiname.dll into your VPM directory (C:visualpinball/vpinmame), overwrite the old dll and run setup.exe again. There, press the install button (with each new build) and remember to setup the defaults again!

here the official topic:
                                      http://vpuniverse.com/forums/<wbr>topic/3241-sambuild30-beta-<wbr>thread/

After you update it, you’ll notice that the inserts will start working and that bell will eject the ball from behind (there is a solenoid controlled by the rom) 

Go to the discussion to reply or catch up on the conversation: http://vpinball.com/members/<wbr>spamp/messages/view/1262/

SPAMP
                                      Participant
                                        @spamp

Great that got it working. The ball is now ejecting from behind the bell. Had some flipper lag on one game (that happens on a few when I first load them on the laptop i7 but it usually never repeats itself)

However since the new ROM for AC/DC and SAM3.0 I am getting this Direct X error message. One came up on initial table start…. then went away. 3rd time opening and closing the table I got it again this time in the middle of play.

I will move this to the cabinet (new rom and run the SAM 3.0) and see if I am getting the direct x error there.

thanks again everyone!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?