This topic contains 148 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Thalamus 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 149 total)
  • Author
     bha19 
    Participant

Hi , this is my first reply to a post so I hope its in the right place , first of all love this table great work, I have a couple of issues though , the ball disappears %50 of the time when I hit the bell and the AXE lanes don’t light up otherwise it works great , are there any solutions?

I have the same problem. I can live with the AXE lights not working but if the ball is lost in the bell I can’t play the game. I know people are working hard to fix the problems we post so thank you for that.

TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

@terryred Glad to here your VP-DOF-ing! While your FP DOF tables are super i think many more people will enjoy your hard work in VP! But i hope you continue doing some of the neat FP tables too :good:

I’m quite happy with how this one has turned out so far.  It was a bit of a teething process to learn how it all works, but now it should be much easier!  What takes so long is not having a built in ball roller  mode in VP. I actually have to play the tables! :)   ( I’ll have to try that nudging hack guide on here sometime)

The one thing that is a bit of a limitation compared to what I do with DOFLinx, is that I can only really use solenoids or switches (mostly) to trigger effects and animation, and I don’t really have control beyond that. However, the upside is I don’t have to do anything to the table, and it will still work with future updates!

ninuzzu 
    Participant
    vipMember

What rom are you using? The tables need this rom:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3274-acd_168hzip/

Probably you are using the Pro rom (acd_168)

Pinfan45 
    Participant

Thanks OZG Appreciate your help
    to change the slope. is that in
    backdrop Settings?

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

Thanks OZG Appreciate your help to change the slope. is that in backdrop Settings?

physical slope like make the ball faster?…. or visual slope?
    the backdrop setting are only for appearance it doesn’t affect the physics of the table
    you need to go into the table options menu under dimensions and slope to change the physical slope…

Some users who have liked this topic:

Attachments:
     Pinfan45 
    Participant

Thanks HauntFreaks for the info. greatly appreciated. read Dr. Toms post about Slope and was curious how to make those adjustments. thanks pointing me in the right direction. I dont know how to tweak the tables to look as good as the real thing. i cringe when the backdrop settings are not set to FS. I just like to download the table and play as whatever settings the author as set.. Thanks again

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

i’ve done posts in the past breaking down the backdrop settings …. I have my own reasoning to why set it a certain way…
    I’ll do a post on it if i cant find the old post… it will help ease any anxiety …lol

ozg 
    Participant

Thanks OZG Appreciate your help to change the slope. is that in backdrop Settings?

Wow, you want the table to be faster? To each his own, can make things seem wacky though, rubbers and all.

Pinfan45 
    Participant

nope just wanted it to slope like real playfield table. tables play fine . dont need that. Thanks again Haunt That would be Great! just let me know when you post it

ozg 
    Participant

The real AC/DC tables that I’ve played are like a greased pig.

LTA 
    Participant

These 4 tables are just INCREDIBLE! They show how you can build a 3d table with great physics. I played nothing but these 4 tables yesterday they are undoubtedly in the top 5 VP tables ever created. Amazing attention to detail, off the hook lighting, great physics. Wow this is impressive and a real treat for my cab. Thank you so much!!!!!

:heart:

TerryRed 

@ninuzzu

Such an amazing table. Gorgeous.

I think it deserves something special….   how about some cool new addressable leds matrix effects, animation, letters and words that appear for almost everything throughout the table events.

I present to you…my 1st ever DOF mod for a VP table. The AC/DC cabinet “FIRE” edition!  ;)    I added in all the DOF for addressable leds, as well as a couple of beacon and FIRE button functions! (Arngrim already had the normal DOF stuff done)

Some effects included are:

– animated effects for the electric spinner,

– animated effects for the bell

– letters that light up (with effects) for each target (AC/DC, TNT, ROCK) and the AXE rollovers

– animated effects and the word “FIRE” that show up when the cannon is ready to fire

– side rail effects for each ramp

– bumper and slingshot effects

– side rail effects for drain

– 5 flasher emulation on the side strips, positioned where they are on the playfield

Here is a video demonstration a bunch of gameplay in my cabinet. You’ve never seen a VP table look quite like this…..

ozg 
    Participant

The table needs more buttons!

stuntcat 
    Participant

Hey Terryred  great video , looks amazing, I notice your AXE lights up , for some reason mine dosent also I loose the ball if it goes behind the bell , did you have to do anything to get yours to work? I have never seen the canon work on mine either.

TerryRed 

The table needs more buttons!

I actually want to re-do that panel again…it would be the 3rd time. This time only for one player, but with only two sticks, and each of them 4 way switchable. I’d also like to have a “vent” on the control panel for the blower-fan (instead of the key hole like I do now)

TerryRed 

Hey Terryred great video , looks amazing, I notice your AXE lights up , for some reason mine dosent also I loose the ball if it goes behind the bell , did you have to do anything to get yours to work? I have never seen the canon work on mine either.

Hmmm… I have the newest version of the table…then I updated PinMAME to 2.9, but then added in the latest SAM beta update from VPU. Never had any issues at all with this table.

stuntcat 
    Participant

Terryred , thanks for getting back to me , I reinstalled the latest pinMame and it all seems to be working , The only thing is the music stutters a little now , I will try tweaking a bit, The ball on yours seems a lot smoother than mine also , interested to know what video card you have?

Thanks again

TerryRed 

Terryred , thanks for getting back to me , I reinstalled the latest pinMame and it all seems to be working , The only thing is the music stutters a little now , I will try tweaking a bit, The ball on yours seems a lot smoother than mine also , interested to know what video card you have? Thanks again

I have an i5 2500K cpu, 8 GB DDR3,  and NVIDIA GTX 960 2GB video card.

Win 10.

VPX 10.2.1

ozg 
    Participant

It’s not just the graphics card, it’s the whole PC. I use a Radeon RX460 4GB, works like a charm. Sometimes on Metallica Premium Monsters during 3 or 4 multiball, I get the stutter. I rack it up to bottlenecking or the way a table may be programmed. Doesn’t pay to buy an expensive graphics card if your system bottlenecks somewhere.

i7 920@2.67 10GB DDR3 Windows 7 64bit 500GB 7200rpm hd and a Radeon RX460 4GB (Dell Studio XPS 435t/9000)

stuntcat 
    Participant

Interesting, I have a I7 2.4 , win 10 , Quadro 4000 4gig , 8 gig ram DDR3, it runs generally fine , just some of the new stern tables the ball dosent seem as smooth.

thanks for your feedback

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account