Addressable leds (MX) NOW AVAILABLE for FP and PFX2 via DOFLinx! Video preview!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Yes….its for real. I will post DDH69’s announcement post from vpforums:

=====================================

First of all – thanks TerryRed

So here is my badly constructed video of the early stages of DOFLinx allowing Pinball FX2 to drive an array of addressable LEDs.

https://youtu.be/lbLQSJk11kA

The video shows DOFLinx;

– Setting menu, that is a way to turn on / off outputs to control relays and turn your devices on / off

– Bob’s Burgers active back glass with FX2

– Driving the addressable LED array from Bob’s Burgers

Testing is underway with FX2 and will start very shortly for FP for driving addressable LEDs using DOF.  TerryRed and I hope to have a release ready for general use in a few weeks.

After TerryRed’s initial idea and prompts, its taken me a long time (and Ultimate IO, Pinscape and some other stuff), then I got my addressable LEDs array built, now the base coding is done.  Probably most time consuming is the MX effects and lining them to meaningful table events.  I’ve been working on a sample FX2 table, which happens first as it has less layers than FP, and TerryRed is working on a sample FP.

There’s still a lot of testing, configuration and work to be done … but its coming soon!

=======================================

With DOFLinx currently… the DOF support for FP and FX2 worked with using DOFLinx commands.

For addressable leds (MX), it would be a major pain for DDH69 to recreate his own commands,etc.  So the idea is to simply create a new DOF “Trigger” type of command that FP and FX2 will use to “trigger” a DOF trigger / effect for a particular “rom” (found in the *30.ini file).

Arngrim said he is open to adding in FX2 and FP “roms” (just a name reference, not an ACTUAL rom) to the DOF Config Tool. So once a FP or FX2 table is added (and they have received the DOFLinx MX support and the DOF added in by us or someone else), then you would just update your DOF config files just you would with VPX.  This also means users can add or change effects without needing to touch the FP and FX2 table (again, after the FP and FX2 table got a new DOFLinx MX update).

I have been trying to create a database / template for DDH69 to start with. Finding different effects, etc takes a while, and as DDH69 said, there’s still more to go on his end for DOFLinx….but it does work and is coming!

TerryRed
        @terryred

Progress on this is booming!  We have DOFLinx fully working with MX leds and all DOF command / triggers for ANY “rom”.  The database excel sheet we came up with makes it MUCH easier to add MX effects to FP, FX2, and probably even VP!

Just finishing up “Masters of the Universe – Mastered: DOFLinx MX Edition”, and then I may do a coming soon demo video of the first Future Pinball and Pinball FX2 tables with addressable leds!

TerryRed
          @terryred

A day of greatness is upon us….

DOFLinx will soon support triggering “any” DOF device and command.

This means that finally…. addressable leds (MX), will work with Future Pinball and Pinball FX2!

Here’s a coming soon “reveal” video I made….   “Let there be light!”

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I think I actually got choked up watching that! Great video as always. Wow

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

TerryRed
              @terryred

I think I actually got choked up watching that! Great video as always. Wow

I’ve heard that from a few people. :)  Amazing what music can do! I love that movie, and the music.

Arngrim has now added the entire FX2 library and a bunch a FP tables to DOF Config Tool ( under FX2:  and FP:  ).   So if you want to add PBX MX effects for each of your tables, you can do that now. Just make sure the “description” in Pinball X closely matches the “Table Name” in DOF Config Tool. ( you may need to have your media match as well)

Now its just a matter of DDH69 returning from vacation…squashing a few bugs….and soon release.

The FX2 library shouldn’t take too long to update to DOFLinx MX, but right now its just MOTU that’s done for FP. More is coming I assure you!

TerryRed
                @terryred

DOFLinx 5.20 is now available!  This release now supports addressable leds for Future Pinball and Pinball FX2!

Here is a video demonstration of the first Future Pinball table to use addressable leds!

It is a day many have been waiting for! Congrats DDH69 on your hard work!

The Future Pinball tables that I have updated so far are coming… I will have them up at some point either today or tomorrow (and then awaiting approval), so please be patient.

We are also assuming that you already have your addressable leds setup and working with DOF and Visual Pinball before trying out DOFLinx MX addressable leds with FP and FX2. 

DOFLinx MX compared to standard DOFLinx

– all Future Pinball tables that I update to support the addressable leds will now be designated with   “DOFLinx MX”, “DOFLinx MX Cabinet”  or  “DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition”.

– to use the DOFLinx MX version of a Future Pinball table, you MUST have DOFLinx 5.20 or higher installed.

– you do not require addressable leds to use a DOFLinx MX version of a Future Pinball table. The regular DOF devices (solenoids, flashers, strobes, beacons, shaker, etc) will work like normal through DOFLinx.

– if you do have addressable leds, then you MUST update your DOF config files (directoutputconfig30.ini) by using DOF Config Tool. This is done the exact same way you would for visual pinball tables.  (Thanks to Arngrim for adding support for FP and FX2 to DOF Config Tool)

– just because a FP or FX2 table is on DOF Config Tool, doesn’t mean its updated to DOFLinx MX yet. We asked Arngim to add alot of tables at once so we wouldn’t have to keep bugging him to add new tables in the future. The FX2 tables will all get updated by DDH69 progressively.  I will update my FP DOFLinx table mods as well. The other tables are tables that will most likely be updated in the future. If there are no DOF commands showing for a table, its not supported yet.

To play a Future Pinball table with addressable leds support (DOFLinx MX):

– update DOFLinx as per normal (must be 5.20 or higher). Make sure you copy over the new DOFLinx.vbs to “Future Pinball \ Scripts”.

– add DIRECTOUTPUTGLOBAL=c:\DirectOuput\Config\GLobalConfig_b2sServer.xml   (assuming you have it there)  to your DOFLinx.ini

– download the awesomeness of a Future Pinball DOFLinx MX table

– check DOF Config Tool to see if support for that table has been added to it yet  (you will see FP tables start with “FP:”) If there are no DOF commands showing for that table, its not supported yet.

– “Generate” a new Config File (containing directoutputconfig30.ini in the zip)  and copy the new files to your “DirectOutput \ Configs”  folder.

– play the epicness that is Future Pinball and addressable leds!

To play FX2 tables with addressable leds support:

– update DOFLinx as per normal (must be 5.20 or higher). Make sure you copy over the new FX2 config files

– check DOF Config Tool to see if support for that table has been added to it yet  (FX2 tables start with  “FX2:”)  If there are no DOF commands showing for that table, its not supported yet.

– “Generate” a new a new Config File (containing directoutputconfig30.ini in the zip)  and copy the new files to your “DirectOutput \ Configs”  folder.

– play the coolness that is FX2 and addressable leds!

Note about AUTO_MX:

– AUTO_MX is intended to give a temporary solution for MX effects (for tables that aren’t updated yet) until all tables are fully updated to proper DOFLinx MX support.

– if you enable AUTO_MX=1, you will get “Basic” MX effects for ALL Future Pinball tables and FX2 tables that have normal DOFLinx support. Very cool feature. Do keep in mind that this is not the same as having a table with FULL DOFLinx MX support.  These basic effects will all have the same colours used, same effects, same shapes, and won’t have any change in timing, etc.

– take note of new updated tables that come out. In particular FP tables, as they will all be very unique and have lots of custom animated effects. ( at least my mods will….)    ;)

– keep an eye out for updated FP and FX2 tables, as its a big difference compared using tables with AUTO_MX enabled.

DOF Config Tool:

– the great thing about DOF Config Tool is that you can change MX effects to your liking in your own custom config. You won’t have to do anything with the FX2 or FP table that has DOFLinx MX support. Just make sure you use the same triggers.

Bring on the glory of burnt out retinas!!!

Update:

I wanted to create a list of thank-yous for getting us to this point.

DDH69:  for creating the excellent and amazing DOFLinx.   To think it all started with a little program called DOFFX2 that triggered DOF devices with a key. Then some crazy red-head kept pestering you with endless ideas….and here we are about a year later…. look at what you have done! :)

Swisslizard: for the excellent DOF, and the awesome addressable led features, as well as creating some table effects and examples.

Arngrim:  for adding in my suggestions and additions of numbers, letters, and characters to DOF Config Tool, as well as adding in support for FP and PFX2 tables.

randr: for creating an amazing example of addressable leds with his cabinet, and for all the help he provided me with setting mine up.  He also made some awesome MX effects for VP tables for me to learn from and was also instrumental with new ideas for how to use addressable leds.

gech: for also creating some great addressable led effects for VP tables.

…and anyone else who helped me and was involved in bringing addressable leds to virtual pinball.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Looks like I need to update the table in my cab and dof configs. Looks great nice work

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Star Wars Death Star Assault (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Witness the most explosive light show in a pinball cabinet thanks to the new DOF addressable led MX support in DOFLinx 5.20!
                    You have never seen a light show quite like this in a pinball cabinet! Amazing effects and animation that surround the playfield!
                    – Lightsabers,
                    – explosions
                    – X-Wing and Tie-Fighter Blasters
                    – flashing words like SPECIAL, PADAWAN, JEDI, SOLO
                    – targetting computer
                    – video mode

A video demonstration in my cabinet can be seen here:

This table has the complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

– 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
                    – 5 RGB flashers
                    – Blower Fan
                    – Shaker
                    – Gear motor
                    – Strobe
                    – Beacon
                    – Start button
                    – Coin button
                    – Launch Ball button

– Fire button
                    – RGB Undercab Lighting
                    – Addressable leds

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Terry the effects are great! just had time to watch the video on masters of the universe. very cool amazing really. great work as always :good:

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Terry the effects are great! just had time to watch the video on masters of the universe. very cool amazing really. great work as always :good:

Thanks! I love what I did for ACDC LE in VPX with MX leds, but with these original FP tables, I can do whatever I want which really makes a difference. Adding in the new DOFLinx MX commands was really easy…its the custom effects on the DOF side that take so long at first.

Watch the Star Wars video when you have time. It’s like you are watching the movie with all the explosions and lazer blasts going on around the playfield!

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

@terryred i had to watch it. Again looks great! you really should pick another VP table to pimp out!

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Since I haven’t really done any FX2 videos for DOFLinx, I think the new release of 5.20 which supports addressable leds makes this a good reason to have a video demonstration.

DOFLinx is the complete cabinet experience for Pinball FX2!

-addressable leds

-B2S active backglass

-full DOF feedback and lighting support

Add in freezy’s dmdext for virtual DMD (clean round dots) or real DMD support

TerryRed
                              @terryred
                              Retroflair: DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition
                              Wipeout: DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition
                              Witness a modern light show in a retro theme, thanks to the new DOF addressable led MX support in DOFLinx 5.20!

These tables have the complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

– 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
                              – 5 RGB flashers
                              – Blower Fan
                              – Shaker
                              – Gear motor
                              – Strobe
                              – Beacon
                              – Start button
                              – Coin button
                              – Launch Ball button

– RGB Undercab Lighting
                              – Addressable leds

I also explain how DOFLinx’s new AUTO MX feature works.

TerryRed
                                @terryred
                                Avatar (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition
                                Featuring the most stunning particle effects, explosions, and machine gun blasts never seen before in a pinball cabinet!

This table has complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

• 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
                                • 5 RGB flashers
                                • Blower Fan
                                • Shaker
                                • Gear motor
                                • Strobe
                                • Beacon
                                • Start button
                                • Coin button
                                • Launch Ball button
                                • RGB under cabinet lighting
                                • Addressable Leds

Table will be available once the MX configs are added to DOF Config Tool’s public database.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Amazing effects! wish these were in VP version. Great job terry as usual

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Amazing effects! wish these were in VP version. Great job terry as usual

I also wish that too, believe it or not.   :)

The biggest limitation with a VPX arcade repro, is that I’m at the mercy of the PinMAME rom. I don’t know what it will do, and I can’t change anything in its code. I can just react to triggers.  That being said, I suppose if I added a bunch of my own triggers on the table (and added more code to the table script) then I could do more of my own stuff for effects….but that would require me changing the table itself and not be in line with an arcade remake, and there’s no guarantee the changes would be kept for a future version so it would work with DOF Config Tool, etc…

That being said….a big part of what allows me to do these kind of custom effects are the video “events” and sounds that SLAM puts into these tables that allow for some cool effects to shine.

If I had a list of what each trigger did on a VPX version instead of looking at DOFConfig Tool, and trying to guess at alot of it, then I could transfer all of the “basic” effects pretty easily.

You’ll have to teach me how to use the new Ball Roller equivalent in VPX so I could add dof to a table MUCH easier.  ACDC LE took sooo long just because of the testing.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Ball rolling script is simple to add. copy past code and a timer to any table “ballcontroltimer”

and script bits lines 31, 32, 64-85, 103-110, 417-459

it works great

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

Ball rolling script is simple to add. copy past code and a timer to any table “ballcontroltimer” and script bits lines 31, 32, 64-85, 103-110, 417-459 it works great

Thanks.

Just found this little beauty on your site:

Adding Manual Ball Control to your VPX Table

Tried it real quick and sure enough….seems to work.  Are there any limitations with this like it can’t go up ramps or anything?

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Only limitation is if in kicker press c to release or it won’t kick

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

Only limitation is if in kicker press c to release or it won’t kick

So I decided to try to transfer the effects to the VPX version…

While I can’t do some of the cool stuff I did with Future Pinball, for the simple reason that I don’t have access to the game code… I was able to transfer most of the effects without a problem. Just takes a while to figure out what triggers are being used (solenoids or flasher trigger,etc).  I even got a little bit of the magnet effects working. Again, I would have to add triggers to the table for some of the effects to work the same as the FP version. I also cant do things like specials, jackpots, extra ball,etc…

What I don’t know is if its possible to trigger an effect if the table has a TILT warning or has been TILTED?  Couldn’t figure that out.

When I get it finished I will upload the VPX DOF MX update as well!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?