Algar (Williams 1980)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/algar-williams-1980/

This project started with that I wanted to try to make a table. I saw a request for resources from Kalavera for Algar and contacted him asking if he had received any and the status on his project. I decided then to just start and see where it would end. Some revisions later Kalavera had some updates to the playfield and then I decided that I should at least make a finished table for everyone to enjoy. So, files started flying over the internet between Norway and Argentina.

We are both novices and it shows. You will notice that some elements isn’t aligned 100% with the playfield. The reason is that I refuse to make the table from the old playfield pictures and instead use the blueprints from the manual. How exact these are is a good question. After releasing this I have greater admiration for the work you ‘real’ authors do.

Algar is the big brother of Gorgar. I feel that the table itself hasn’t been given the love that it deserves. We’ve provided a db2s and some wheel images to make it easier for you guys. But, you should know that Wildman has made a great db2s and there might be better wheels available too.

Special thanks goes to previous authors of this tables : Practicedummy, UncleWilly, LuvThatApex and Kristian.

Desktop background I stole from Batch. I’m sure he doesn’t mind. Various other parts by Flupper, GtxJoe, Bord, Dark and possible someone I’ve forgotten. Sorry if that is the case. I even managed to make my own prims, Thank you Fren for the Youtube video.

This table is released, open for everyone to improve without asking for permissions from me or Kalavera. We would however appreciate if we got mentioned, but it is not a requirement.

Thank you Kalavera !

Total of 46 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Kalavera3
      Participant
        @kalavera3

thanks to you Sverre as I said, a pleasure to work together, it was very fun and I learned a lot, I know my limitations, but I try to make up for that with effort, his work was excellent! ;-)

2 users thanked author for this post.
        batch
        Participant
          @batch

Thanks, Thalamus, looks great !

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

Very cool, guys. Looking forward to playing it!

Mark70
            Participant
              @mark70

Thank you Thalamus and Kalavera for sharing your work. It looks great and I never played this one before.
              I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Oh. I should have said. This is not going to be loved by people who hate out-lane drains. But, some good timing on the nudges and you can often prevent them from happening. And you should be very proud if you managed to hit the 1M mark. I put some tips in the table description that might help you on the way there. I have been close.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

Oh. I should have said. This is not going to be loved by people who hate out-lane drains. But, some good timing on the nudges and you can often prevent them from happening. And you should be very proud if you managed to hit the 1M mark. I put some tips in the table description that might help you on the way there. I have been close.

Bring it on. Thanks for not watering it down for us.

-=Dozer=-
                  Participant
                    @dozer

You guys have sold yourselves short – I think it looks great, especially considering it’s your first table.  I’ve only played a couple of games but I’m really enjoying it.   Nice work!

Drybonz
                    Participant
                      @drybonz

Way to go, Thalamus… looking forward to checking this out.    :good:

*edit*  I wonder if they had intended this table theme to be a sort of sequel to Gorgar?

Kalavera3
                      Participant
                        @kalavera3

Is right Drybonz, as is known by the creators, Algar and Gorgar were something like brothers, but as this table was a commercial failure they decided not to continue with the series “gar”

Slydog43
                        Participant
                          @slydog43

Looks and plays very well.  Incredible for first table.  I know this is a dof question, but anyway to not have the knocker fire 3 times for every coin inserted?

Hope you guys build more tables in the future.  Thanks

Rajo Joey
                          Participant
                            @joey2001

We have new builders. :good:

Your first table? It looks and plays great. But you’re right; it’s a drain monster. :yes:   :cry:

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria
                              MemberContributor

Mr. Thalamus with a Table :-)  Special Thanks my Friend, and also thanks Kalavera :good:

Ben Logan2
                              Participant
                                @benlogan2

Nice work, Thalamus! Thanks so much for your contribution to this great hobby. Can’t wait to play it.

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Thanks for the feedback guys. But, we did this together.

@slydog43
                                  : I didn’t realize that it hit the knocker 3 times for every coin ? Does it happening for each and everyone of you ? I’ll see if I find some clue to why this is. Most of the time with this table has been spent by my desktop machine so I didn’t know.

Micronaut
                                  Participant
                                    @micronaut

GREAT!. :good:

In visual pinball8 I was able to play for the first time “algar” and I liked it a lot, now, it is a pleasant surprise to have this table creation in visual pinball10, :yahoo:

thanks thalamus & kalavera for this great work, thanks also for the information, I did not know that algar was a sequel to gorgar (I really like the pinball table gorgar)
                                    congratulations for this first VPX creation and seen the good result, (it plays very well and the balance of difficulty is adjusted to my liking), I hope and wish it is not the last creation. ;-)

Micronaut
                                    Participant
                                      @micronaut

Thanks for the feedback guys. But, we did this together.

@slydog43: I didn’t realize that it hit the knocker 3 times for every coin ? Does it happening for each and everyone of you ? I’ll see if I find some clue to why this is. Most of the time with this table has been spent by my desktop machine so I didn’t know.

I just click the button once and add two credits.

maybe it depends on the rom version, since the time when visual pinball8 was the current version, I got a full pack of VpinMAME roms and some are from many years ago, but as they work well, I do not update, “if something works, better leave it like this”

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

Thanks for kind words and feedback Micronaut.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Thalamus thanks for a very nice looking build.

********************************************************
                                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Bladeof
                                          Participant
                                            @bladeof

Many Thanks for this rare table Thalamus and Kalavera, really enjoying it.  Also Thalamus… Thanks for your support answers on the various site threads and now table building, your time and work is much appreciated.  :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?