Alien Star (Gottlieb 1984)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/alien-star-gottlieb-1984/

Alien Star, a single level 2-ball multiball table from 1984.  I ran across this watching some Papa videos online and decided I needed to play it.  There were a couple vp9 versions out there, but I don’t play those so I took the map from the manual and started building from scratch (well ok, I stripped down Hollywood Heat and used that as the base).. fast forward a few days and here we are.

I know there are many inaccuracies with the table, and missing artwork and whatnot, but until I have better resources to work with this is what we have.  I do think it plays well and is a lot of fun, be sure to watch some videos for tips on how to score big.. hint involves right-inlane and spinner + multiball if you can manage it.

Thanks to hauntfreaks as usual for graphics help and play testing.  download contains a directb2s that was a complete rebuild of wildman’s on VPU with new art and lighting.  also contains portrait and landscape POV files (table set portrait for my cabs). DOF should be functional but I’m not able to test at the moment.

Total of 25 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Just ended a more than an hour session on the beta release. I absolutely love how it plays. Love ripping the spinner and if I have a good game with some bonus X it just feels so great. Still haven’t manage to get a super score though. Around 1,5M is often where I end. I always seem to do a mistake into those multiballs. But soon !! :)

Thank you very much BorgDog and Hauntfreaks for this table. It surely is a winner in my book even without the high quality graphics. :heart:

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Very nice! As usual thank you borgdog and haunt for his magic button

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

N3roflint
          Participant
            @n3roflint

Thanks guys. I’ve been playing the WIP version the last few days and I love it.

Scotty VH
              @scottt
              ModeratorMember

Very cool!   I love how it plays, the sounds and lights, etc.  Thanks BorgDog!

Scotty VH
                @scottt
                ModeratorMember

If someone was willing to ask around to take some photos, pinballmap.com says that Alien Star is on location at the following arcades in the US:

Mystic Pinball in Montague, MA.  Vpinball.com member Ark Malmeida may be near there.

Portal Pinball Arcade in Kennesaw, GA.  Vpinball.com members mountainman, jagger73, WED21, and SunDevilmay be near there.

Press Play in Boulder, CO.  Vpinball.com member Dubay’s Arcayde may be near there.

HauntFreaks
                  @hauntfreaks
                  vipContributorMember

one day he had an idea, by the the end of the week… BAM!!! done!!
                  its a nice base fun player….
                  you da man

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

one day he had an idea, by the the end of the week… BAM!!! done!!
                    its a nice base fun player….
                    you da man

having a 5 day weekend sitting on my a$$ at the cabin instead of doing outside work helped a bit  :bye:

I’m still trying to figure out how the real trough on this thing works, I did have a malfunction playing a game today but I’m not sure exactly what the issue was, or if it was just some weird scenario. I need to brush up on my schematic reading.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

I have clocked at least 3 hours of gameplay on this and the beta. Haven’t seen anything odd. But, that doesn’t mean there is none. Have happened before that I’ve had too much fun to notice even the obvious B-)

Micronaut
                      Participant
                        @micronaut

very,very funny table!  :good:

thanks guys for this wonder table

robertms
                        Participant
                          @mophead

Excellent choice BorgDog, very addictive game. It’s great to have choices like these, sometimes you want to rack your brains over Safe Cracker or White Water, sometimes you just wanna bash that 5X 10,000 spinner to a pulp. So far I’m at 3 million but it’s just too much fun to quit. Looks and plays great as all your releases do, many thanks to you and Haunt for taking on these great tables  :good:

kds70
                          Participant
                            @kds70

@BorgDog: you really did it with this table release :yahoo:   :rose: thanks to all involved.

So much fun, looks very goooood and plays amaaaaazing. 80´s feeling pure …

Btw: what about the “matching feature” in the backglas? Doesn´t display; but activated in rom settings (F6). Seems a backglas issue ?

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Udderdude
                            Participant
                              @udderdude

This already plays better than the VP9 version.  Good job.  Looking forward to future revisions.

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

@borgdog: you really did it with this table release :yahoo: :rose: thanks to all involved. So much fun, looks very goooood and plays amaaaaazing. 80´s feeling pure … Btw: what about the “matching feature” in the backglas? Doesn´t display; but activated in rom settings (F6). Seems a backglas issue ?

I’ll have to check out the match stuff, hadn’t noticed, later today maybe. Thnx

BorgDog
                                Participant
                                  @borgdog
                                  MemberContributorvip

@kds70 I just checked it out and match works for me on the db2s at the end of the game. or are you talking about the text? because the text on the real one does not light up, it’s just printed on the glass.  if I remember right wildman had separate objects for the text(bip and credits as well) but I didn’t check it out to see if they lit up at the appropriate time.

Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

Thanks Borgdog and Haunt! Glad that you built it although there were not much resources.
                                    Looks good and plays great! Nice theme anyway. Fun to play and play and play

kds70
                                    Participant
                                      @kds70

@kds70 … because the text on the real one does not light up, it’s just printed on the glass.

Yes, i meant the text. Ok, if the real one doesn´t light up then it´s ok. Thanks for your reply  :good:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

batch
                                      Participant
                                        @batch

Thanks, I wondered when someone would do this one

Very nice

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

v0.92 is now up with some minor graphics improvements and other misc stuff.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                          BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

people who know what they are doing will hopefully provide something much better, but here is a quick wheel I threw together.. which is weird, I almost never use a front end so really don’t need one  :wacko:

ASwheel

Attachments:
                                            2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?