Alien Star (Gottlieb 1984)

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Roosta
    Participant
      @roosta

Sunday morning sorting my tables with a cup of tea. That was my initial plan. It didn’t get very far. Loaded Alien Star and played for one hour nonstop! I love how your tables play BorgDog. Thank you so much for sharing your hard work with us!

naeromagus
      Participant
        @naeromagus

Well here i am once again wondering to myself, How did i not know about this Beautiful table? Amazing job on this BorgDog. And Thanks for all that you do!

Hawyer
        Participant
          @hawyer

First time play, the three balls went directly down the middle drain.

10/10, would ragequit again

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

First time play, the three balls went directly down the middle drain.

10/10, would ragequit again

Ha, I had a game under 10,000 points on the real machine last night, zero flips.  I’m just glad I’m not pumping quarters into it to get that result, of course the money I have into building the thing would be a lot of quarters.

vogliadicane
            Participant
              @vogliadicane

I rediscovered this gem a week ago and I must say, very cool table and top notch work BorgDog. Moved instantly to my new fav list. :good:

To be honest, I don’t experience so much, what you describe here, yes a bit of a beast sometimes, but after some games it is ok. B-)

Edit: I plan to add ball reflections of insert lights and ball and flipper shadows, or is this already in the works by you? Else I would send you the changed table.

bord
                @bord
                MembervipContributorModerator

@vogliadicane, I’ve seen the future and it has scanned assets and maybe even flipper shadows. Just sayin’.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Oh – you don’t say ;-)

vogliadicane
                  Participant
                    @vogliadicane

ah ok, nice news :)

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

I rediscovered this gem a week ago and I must say, very cool table and top notch work BorgDog. Moved instantly to my new fav list. :good:

To be honest, I don’t experience so much, what you describe here, yes a bit of a beast sometimes, but after some games it is ok. B-)

Edit: I plan to add ball reflections of insert lights and ball and flipper shadows, or is this already in the works by you? Else I would send you the changed table.

Thanks. and doesn’t it have ball and flipper shadows?  I guess I’m so far removed from the released version i don’t know what it has any more, but I thought I had options in the script to turn those on and off.  There will be an update.. sometime.. messing with physics at the moment, very frustrating.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

ballshadow is at least an option in the version I’ve got. And personally I’m far from being in a hurry on getting this updated. Especially if you’re going to make it play harder ;)

Nah. I would of course appreciate it playing even closer to the real deal. What I’m not so sure about is that the VP version just can’t go under the flag of being just slightly differently playing than your real machine. There is always variations between machines out in the real world. However. I agree though when you say that most VPX tables plays too easy. You told me that you had 60++ games on to reach 5M mark. That would mean that your’re a better player than me. I know for a fact I must have at least double that amount of games on this one. Probably closer to 2-300 as it is very hard to pass it by scrolling with pby. :)

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

I’ll have to pay attention to how many spins you get on the vp version out of a good spinner hit.  It’s hard to track as the ball starts hitting other things and scoring, but I’m pretty sure on a really good hit I’m getting at least 25-30 spins on the real machine, so if you have the magical 50x spinner that would be 1.25-1.5 million points, so if you get less spins on the vp version it could make a big impact on scores.  Getting a good spinner hit is definitely easier however on the vp version as I think the refraction off the rubber to the left below the spinner doesn’t have as much effect so a ricochet in vp will still get you a good spin, but not as much on the real machine.   I’m pretty sure I’ll never get it to be exactly the same as the real one, but as long as it has the ‘feel’ of the real one I’m good.

Some games/days I just can’t find the spinner shot, other times I can hit it repeatedly.. I’ll have to see if can make a correlation to the amount of bourbon consumed before playing. :mail:

JediWizard
                          Participant
                            @jediwizard

How do I change this table to Landscape mode?

Health is Wealth:Knowledge is Power

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

end of that tutorial explains what you are after. But, since you are asking. You should really read and understand it all, it is essential in order to get the tables look the way you want them.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?