Aliens Legacy (Ultimate Edition) (v1.12) (p2.7) (DOFLinx)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Aliens Legacy (Ultimate Edition) (v1.12) (p2.7) (DOFLinx,v1.1)

DOFLinx – “A powerful utility for cabinet owners to make the most of force feedback and lighting.” – by DDH69

This Future Pinball table has DOFLinx commands added to it. This will enable support for pinball cabinet force feedback devices such as solenoids (flippers,bumpers,slingshots,drop targets,etc), RGB lighting and flashers, beacon, strobes, blower fan, shaker and more!

Requirements / Installation: Regardless of using this table with force feedback (Pinball Cabinet) or without (Desktop), you MUST install the current DOFLinx.vbs script into your ‘Future PinballScripts’ folder. Running the table without DOFLinx.vbs will cause an error. (FF_INIT)

DOFLinx.vbs is included with the DOFLinx install package. This file is not included with this table to avoid version mismatches.

DOFLinx install package download:

The current download of DOFLinx can be found through this post at vpforums:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=35852

It is recommended to use this table with BAM (Better Arcade Mode), in order to get the most accurate version of physics intended for this table. Copy the *.fpt and *.xml within this archive to your “Future PinballTables” directory.

Cabinet Use:

For cabinet users running DOFLinx: This table will function with the in-game sounds for mechanical devices such as flippers, slingshots, bumpers, etc muted.  Instead, you will only hear your cabinets feedback devices for those actions. The rest of the games sounds will play normally as intended by the table author.

Desktop Use:

For desktop users: This table will still function normally without the need for DOFLinx to be running or installed. You will however require the DOFLinx.vbs file (read “Requirements / Installation”). It will play perfectly with the original in-game mechanical sounds playing through your PCs speakers.

Note: Any DMDs or HudOverlays intended for desktop use were moved out of view so that they will not appear on the playfield (this table was modded for DOFLinx cabinet use).

Night Mode:

For cabinet users who want to play at night with their cabinet noise makers turned off, this table can be toggled between Cabinet Use (noisy), and Desktop Use (Night Mode). Please consult the DOFLinx guide (included with the DOFLinx install package) for more information on how to use Night Mode.

We hope you enjoy the DOFLinx cabinet experience!

For SLAMT1LTs newest versions of his tables (without DOFLinx support), goto his website

http://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium

5 users thanked author for this post.
      TerryRed
        @terryred

Well… here it finally is….

Man, this mod was alot of work, but alot of fun…. this table has so many cool modes and features…

You have never seen a Future Pinball table with this kind of feedback and lighting in a cabinet!

I added animated RGB flasher effects for…

-machine gun turret fire

-grenade explosions

-nuclear explosions

-flame thrower

-blow torch

-custom flasher sequences to match those of the table’s

-orbit (spinner?) effects

-ship drop sequence

I made use of some combined effects like shaker / blower fan / lights.

Devices supported on this table:

Flippers

Slingshots

Bumpers, Drop Targets, Kickers, etc.

5 RGB Flashers

Blower Fan

Shaker

Gear Motor

Strobe

Beacon

Start button

Coin button

Launch Ball button

FIRE button

RGB Undercab Lighting

I had to use 14 Timers and a lot of sub routines to match up some of the effects.

The table is challenging….but if you can progress, you’ll be rewarded with a nice light show and some good feedback.

Let me know how this works out for you guys…and show me some videos of this running in your cabinets! I want to see what these effects look like with a normal 5 rgb flasher bar!

I have a video in the first post that demos the table in my cabinet. Really shows of this table nicely.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Looks like a great table. I never tried This one before so may give it a try.

I will also say you do a great job on the videos :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

TerryRed
            @terryred

Looks like a great table. I never tried This one before so may give it a try. I will also say you do a great job on the videos :good:

If you do give it a go, let me know how the shaker and gear motor feedback feel…even if you have to use ball roller to do it  ;)

I don’t have a shaker or gear motor yet, so I would temporarily use my blower fan to act as each of them to do my testing so I could at least get the timing correct.

You’ll feel the shaker, gear and blower fan during various moments like:

-nostromo ramp kicker sequence

-pod escape sequence

-nuke explosion

-tilt

-grenade explosion

-elevator

-queen alien shot out of air lock

-maybe some others I forgot about….

I like doing videos like that…the hard part is getting a 60fps screen, and two other 30 fps video captures all recording at once using OBS while playing. Sometimes, one of them won’t record correctly.

Putting them together afterward is not too hard…but I really like having my cabinet and playfield at 1080p 60fps….really shows off pinball better that way.

TNT2
            Participant
              @tnt2

Wow. I am just a lowly desktop user but dang this table may get me to try Future Pinball. Haven’t tried it yet.

Al
              Participant
                @alandee

Was just thinking the same thing .. I might load up FP but only have minimal dof, so it should be relatively easy I imagine, love me some Aliens, at night mostly ..

That’s Game Over Man !

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Crap…. I didn’t include the Library files that came with SLAM’s original table download *.zip

Many people probably already had these files, so the table would work fine for them.

For anyone who didn’t and the table wasn’t working…. sorry about that! I’ve now included the required Library files with the table in a DOFLinx v1.1 of the table. It should be available now instead of the version without the files.

Doh!

senseless
                  Participant
                    @senseless

Love the Alien Legacy table and with DOF support it really comes to life. Nice job TerryRed :)!

Gwen
                    Participant
                      @gwen

I don’t know why  but this one table crashes when I try to launch it with pinbaallx.  I get an error message saying “Runtime Error!  This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.”  I have never seen this with any other FP tables.  I tried renaming the table files to eliminate special characters but that didn’t help.  The table launches ok from the FP interface though some of the table textures appear to be missing.  I have downloaded the table from different sites and get the same results with all of them.

Any suggestions?

Gwen
                      - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

TerryRed
                        @terryred

I don’t know why but this one table crashes when I try to launch it with pinbaallx. I get an error message saying “Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.” I have never seen this with any other FP tables. I tried renaming the table files to eliminate special characters but that didn’t help. The table launches ok from the FP interface though some of the table textures appear to be missing. I have downloaded the table from different sites and get the same results with all of them.

Any suggestions?

Make sure you have “Load Image into Table Editor” disabled, in the FP Editor options.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Gwen
                        Participant
                          @gwen

Thanks Terry!  That solved the problem.

Gwen
                          - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

jgnzl1
                          Participant
                            @jgnzl1

I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction. This table crashes every time I attempt to load it. I’m using the current updated version of BAM and DOFLINX. All other DOSLINX tables and PinEvent tables work every time- no errors on any of the 71 FP tables I have on my system.

When opening, the loading progress bar finishes, then reverts back to an empty progress bar before crashing back to the desktop, with FP closed. The Aliens LegacyZED 1.02 version from pinsimdb works fine, just can’t get this version to work- whether downloaded from here or from pinsimdb. I have also verified that I have the “Load images…” in the editor unchecked, and all video settings match Terry’s guide. This is the only table that doesn’t work for some reason…any help would be appreciated!

junktape
                            Participant
                              @junktape

This is one of my favorite tables of all time, particularly for its narrative-based gameplay and player variables.  Its like a pinball RPG campaign and frankly an amazing template for a modern D&D table, which could over time be modded as various chapters in an ongoing campaign.  Just amazing fun and an incredible tribute to our favorite franchise.

The uncanny PROBLEM I have been having lately is that when I run the table, I get caught in a loop that prevents me from beginning the play of my first ball.  Here is what happens:

Table loads and boots itself up.

Pressing either COIN or START (via keystroke or mapped button as set by Future Pinball defaults,) prompts the player to CHOOSE A HERO.

Pressing FLIPPERS allows for player to view a selection of heroes.  Player is prompted to press FIRE to select the hero.

Regardless of hero chosen (or if no choice is made as a default,) pressing PLUNGER selects the hero, plays its audio clip and causes a player to be prompted to now press START!!!

In my case, pressing START at this point does not begin the first ball but instead causes the machine to return to the CHOOSE A HERO state.

This cycle now continues, only on subsequent attempts to press START with the chosen hero, an additional coin is also registered…

When prompted to press the FIRE BUTTON, I did try pressing SPECIAL 1 instead of PLUNGER.  On version 1.03 of the table there is no effect.  On version 1.12 (ultimate badass edition,) this plays an audio clip.

If anyone has a similar issue please let me know – I have updated BAM, DOF, Future Pinball, etc.  If any of you commenting have not played this table recently, I urge you to please try your version first before dispensing advice, in case you have the same issue and may not realize it.   Because this table DID used to work for me quite well in the past, and I haven’t made any obvious changes I’m aware of that would cause this issue.

My thanks as always!!!
                              dan :bye:

EDIT: Edited my post for cosmetics, not content – cleaned up some notes to self I’d left in the body of the txt

That's all folks!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by junktape.
                              jgnzl1
                              Participant
                                @jgnzl1

EDIT 2: Disregard the first edit- the table still does not work for me. If anyone reads this and has any ideas, please let me know- I’m not sure what else there is to try. Thanks.

EDIT: The table stopped working again and crashed FP every time. I turned off compatibility mode and deleted the XML file. It has worked every single time since deleting the XML file, but I’m pretty sure I’m no longer getting the correct physics (I may be wrong, though).

Wanted to update, since I seem to have fixed it by running FP and BAM in Widows 7 compatibility mode (although I have read that there’s no need to do this- this table doesn’t work otherwise). Here is the error log I had before running in compatibility mode:

Error code C0000005: ACCESS VIOLATION

Address: 605162C3 -> BAM.dll:000A62C3
                                Flags: 00000000

Fault Occured At $ADDRESS:605162C3 ->BAM.dll:000A62C3
                                with 48 3B 33 02 66 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 58 26 3B 29

Address: 60513D32 -> BAM.dll:000A3D32
                                *** 0 called from $ADDRESS:60513D32
                                with 00 00 00 00 D0 3E AD 1D DC 45 37 E0 2D 03 00 00 36 DC 90 F5

Address: 6049AB82 -> BAM.dll:0002AB82
                                *** 1 called from $ADDRESS:6049AB82
                                with 30 06 62 04 C9 67 5D 3B 20 84 D8 75 EB A3 DB 39 01 00 00 00

Address: 0044DDAC -> Future Pinball.exe:0004DDAC
                                *** 2 called from $ADDRESS:0044DDAC
                                with

Address: 00439B11 -> Future Pinball.exe:00039B11
                                *** 3 called from $ADDRESS:00439B11

junktape-I did not have the issues with the table that you had. Did your keys somehow get remapped? I used left magnasave to select the character and start the game- maybe try that?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by jgnzl1.
                                • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by jgnzl1.
                              Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?