Aliens (PuP-Pack, FX3, BG, Topper) W.I.P.

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Pinall FX 3 tables are on sale (30-60 percent) until february 19, so maybe this is a good opportunity to get the Aliens tables with a 50 percent discount, and be able to play this great PuP mod.

Thanks for the heads up….I was waiting for a sale, and I got a nice mix of Star Wars, Marvels, and many of the other I’ve been wanting.

You know that there is going to be new tables coming out when there is a sale like this…and sure enough….. Jurassic World pack is coming…  has Jurassic World, Jurassic Park, and another Jurassic table. If only they used the original music for these tables….  :(

You “can” turn down the music and have a pup pack play original music instead, but you can’t turn down the volume on a per table basis.

TerryRed
        @terryred

This PuP-Pack may not work correctly with the new PinUP System, as it needs to be updated.

There will be an updated version when time permits.

Nupsi
        Participant
          @nupsi

Hi Terry,

and first let me thank you for all you´ve done for the community  :good: I recently started to build my own VPin after I saw some of your Yt-vids and yesterday I installed Pinup System for Pinball FX3 only.

Everything works just fine but I can´t get your Aliens PUP-Pack installed. Like you said in your video I drag and drop the ZIP-file to the aliens table in the Media Manager and the manager promted me “Are you sure you want to Insall Popper Pack? Aliens” and I click “Yes”. Then the manager takes some time and I receive the message “Pak finished” but all fields stay yellow and I can´t the see pack in PBFX3. But if I click on the “Open PuP-Pack Folder”-Button the manager opens  the PUPVideos-folder with the Aliens-folder inside of it :wacko:

I can´t seem to find the error because everything seems to be the way it should be?!

Thanks in advance,

Nupsi

TerryRed
            @terryred

Hi Terry,

and first let me thank you for all you´ve done for the community :good: I recently started to build my own VPin after I saw some of your Yt-vids and yesterday I installed Pinup System for Pinball FX3 only.

Everything works just fine but I can´t get your Aliens PUP-Pack installed. Like you said in your video I drag and drop the ZIP-file to the aliens table in the Media Manager and the manager promted me “Are you sure you want to Insall Popper Pack? Aliens” and I click “Yes”. Then the manager takes some time and I receive the message “Pak finished” but all fields stay yellow and I can´t the see pack in PBFX3. But if I click on the “Open PuP-Pack Folder”-Button the manager opens the PUPVideos-folder with the Aliens-folder inside of it :wacko:

I can´t seem to find the error because everything seems to be the way it should be?!

Thanks in advance,

Nupsi

Everything above is completely wrong.  :)   Popper Media Packs are NOT PuP-Packs.

As my comment above say…this PuP-Pack needs to be updated….

The instructions for this pack say you need to unzip the ALIENS folder to your PuPVideos folder.

You also need to have PuPCapture working, and you need to have FX3 setup and working for PinUP Player. Read through all the comments.

…either way, you’ll neee to wait for an updated pack to come out.

Ken Lowe
            Participant
              @kenlowe

Hi,

I am having a bit of trouble getting this PupPack to run from PinballX,

I have found that if I change the Parameters to

mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d auto –virtual-stay-on-top –virtual-hidegrip –virtual-position x y w -o Pinup\[TABLEFILE]

the Dmd shows up I’m not sure why I have to use “auto” vs “virtual”

So the mirror DMD from dmdext shows up but the pup Pack does not run.

I have re-watched Terry’s install videos.  And re-installed the Popper Pack

followed Freezys instructions to the letter for setting up dmdext it is working correctly I have ran the test and the cmd with no errors

I set up FX3 and FX2 with the new dmd size placed at 0,0

I get the mirrored dmd fine when running the game just no videos

What I see when the game is running is the .png image I put in the steam folder for backglass, Topper is blank, the dmd and playfield work fine.

Running the game from Popper most of it works, I have the great videos on backglass, the mirrored DMD works great, the playfield is fine but all I ever get on the topper is the FX3 logo

If anybody has any ideas,

Please let me know

Thanks

Ken

TerryRed
                @terryred

Hi,

I am having a bit of trouble getting this PupPack to run from PinballX,

I have found that if I change the Parameters to

mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d auto –virtual-stay-on-top –virtual-hidegrip –virtual-position x y w -o Pinup\[TABLEFILE]

the Dmd shows up I’m not sure why I have to use “auto” vs “virtual”

So the mirror DMD from dmdext shows up but the pup Pack does not run.

I have re-watched Terry’s install videos. And re-installed the Popper Pack

followed Freezys instructions to the letter for setting up dmdext it is working correctly I have ran the test and the cmd with no errors

I set up FX3 and FX2 with the new dmd size placed at 0,0

I get the mirrored dmd fine when running the game just no videos

What I see when the game is running is the .png image I put in the steam folder for backglass, Topper is blank, the dmd and playfield work fine.

Running the game from Popper most of it works, I have the great videos on backglass, the mirrored DMD works great, the playfield is fine but all I ever get on the topper is the FX3 logo

If anybody has any ideas,

Please let me know

Thanks

Ken

There are only Toppers videos for the APC Mode that shows damage, and when the Turrets run out of ammo. “warning”. Otherwise you’ll see FX3 logo.

So it “seems” like it’s working correctly for you.

That being said, there are some fixes I have implemented to make it work more correctly with PuP 1.3+, and some layered videos will play correctly,etc. . So soon that will be available.

Ken Lowe
                Participant
                  @kenlowe

Terry,

Thank you for responding, I should have looked closer at the pup pack for topper triggering we have been so busy here.  Now I have a good excuse to really play the game and try to run the Turrets out of ammo to see the topper change.

If you do much more to this pack it will be too scary to play.  lol  looking forward to seeing the upgrades you have planned and implemented for this game pack, your work is amazing… Awe inspiring truly.

Am I just chasing my tail trying to get this FX3 PupPack to work from PinballX? or can it been done and I am just missing something?

Please let me know.

Off topic but relevant to us lab rats

I have the cab set up in the laser shop so we can play pinball while the robots are running.   When we run popper and advance through games the sound it makes, is eerily similar to when one of the robots jams and is stripping it gears, needless to say that stops every heart in the lab.

I was going to just pull the sound file out of popper, but I was thinking it might be a good idea for an upgrade, when scrolling more then just a game at a time it mutes.

Thanks

Ken

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Terry,

Thank you for responding, I should have looked closer at the pup pack for topper triggering we have been so busy here. Now I have a good excuse to really play the game and try to run the Turrets out of ammo to see the topper change.

If you do much more to this pack it will be too scary to play. lol looking forward to seeing the upgrades you have planned and implemented for this game pack, your work is amazing… Awe inspiring truly.

Am I just chasing my tail trying to get this FX3 PupPack to work from PinballX? or can it been done and I am just missing something?

Please let me know.

Off topic but relevant to us lab rats

I have the cab set up in the laser shop so we can play pinball while the robots are running. When we run popper and advance through games the sound it makes, is eerily similar to when one of the robots jams and is stripping it gears, needless to say that stops every heart in the lab.

I was going to just pull the sound file out of popper, but I was thinking it might be a good idea for an upgrade, when scrolling more then just a game at a time it mutes.

Thanks

Ken

There’s not really much more I can do with this PuP-Pack until I can play through the entire game to get more pupcapture images…so you probably won’t see much “new” material…. but it will play videos on certain modes more correctly now using newer features of PuP and a few more pupcapture images i have added.

Keyza Soulsay
                    Participant
                      @darxide

Any updates on whether this will work with Pinup System?

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Any updates on whether this will work with Pinup System?

Update (to get it properly working) is mostly done….just experimenting with SSF and alternate music…  still need more pupcaptures though, and I’m not good enough a player yet to get them.  :)

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?