Asteroid Annie and the Aliens (Gottlieb 1980)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

Asteroid Annie and the Aliens (Gottlieb 1980)

This is a complete VPX rebuild of hauntfreaks vp9 Asteroid Annie, using mostly haunts resources that he gave me sometime last year.  I found some better plastics images online, but I am currently in conversion with a guy on pinside that has 2 (yes 2! they only made like 200 of them) Annie’s he is going to restore and he is willing to get me some better resources, mainly the playfield is a pieced together hack that is not likely very accurate as far as placement of everything goes, so hopefully in the not to distant future I will rebuild again!  In the mean time, enjoy, it is a fun machine.

edit: forgot to mention, I included the nvram for the table that sets the replay levels otherwise there are none, put that file in visual pinbalvpinmamenvram folder.  Use F6 menu to set number of balls etc  

Oh, and that easter egg I mentioned in the Space Walk table?  it’s really in this table, must stop posting tables when I’ve been drinking          

15 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Thanks AGAIN Borgdog! and thanks to hauntfreaks! miss him!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Ben Logan2
        Participant
          @benlogan2

Great news! I love this table. Got to play a real one at Las Vegas Pinball Hall of Fame. Played the VP9 version a ton too. Thanks, Borg!

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

This looks/plays really nice. Thanks for the update!

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Oh snap – two updates while I was sleeping and now I can’t wait to get home from work.

Thank you – looking forward to this afternoon B-)

STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

Thanks BorgDog, Special thanks to HauntFreaks :good:

Andypc
                Participant
                  @andypc

Thanks for the table :yahoo:   I can’t find the option in the script or options to turn on mech sounds for people without DOF?

I get no sounds for the flippers. :scratch:

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

Thanks for the table :yahoo: I can’t find the option in the script or options to turn on mech sounds for people without DOF? I get no sounds for the flippers. :scratch:

Can’t believe neither my tester or I noticed that.  Just uploaded a corrected version.  Or you can rename the 2 sound files to fx_flipperdown and fx_flipperup in the sound manager.  Thanks for catching Andypc.  :good:

Andypc
                    Participant
                      @andypc

Thanks BorgDog :good:

STAT
                      Participant
                        @stefanaustria
                        MemberContributor

Here are my FS Settings …

Attachments:
                        Koolywiz
                        Participant
                          @koolywiz

Thanks for the table!  noticed pressing the magna button you can change the spinner decal.  Plays great!

BorgDog
                          Participant
                            @borgdog
                            MemberContributorvip

Thanks for the table! noticed pressing the magna button you can change the spinner decal. Plays great!

:good:   :yahoo:  you win the prize for finding the hidden easter egg feature.  Congrats! (there is no real prize though)

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

damn, I was too late for both telling about the flippers and the easter-egg.

Dan, wonderful table – love it just as much as your other creations. Big fan of your work.

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

OK, so what the heck are you guys doing pressing magna-save on an old em table for?

Koolywiz
                                Participant
                                  @koolywiz

Thanks for the table! noticed pressing the magna button you can change the spinner decal. Plays great!

:good: :yahoo: you win the prize for finding the hidden easter egg feature. Congrats! (there is no real prize though)

Winner winner, chickin dinner for me!!!   :)   :yahoo:

STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria
                                    MemberContributor

Magna Save … bah, why you didnt said “Magna Egg” ;)

Andypc
                                    Participant
                                      @andypc

One thing I have noticed since playing, is that the playfield light are very dim in full screen. I can’t always tell if they are on or off. I compared this to Loaded Weapons table and the playfield lights are really clear on that version. I tried increasing the intensity of the lights, but need to set it really high to make them bright i.e. 60. This is fine on the centre lights, but looks awful  on the lights with text i.e. When Lit. Any Suggestion?

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

One thing I have noticed since playing, is that the playfield light are very dim in full screen. I can’t always tell if they are on or off. I compared this to Loaded Weapons table and the playfield lights are really clear on that version. I tried increasing the intensity of the lights, but need to set it really high to make them bright i.e. 60. This is fine on the centre lights, but looks awful on the lights with text i.e. When Lit. Any Suggestion?

Are you talking forced exclusive full screen mode?  I haven’t tried it in that mode.  Have you tried the night-day slider and see if moving that a bit in either direction changes that for you?

Andypc
                                        Participant
                                          @andypc

I use 1920 x 1080 windowed full screen in a cab with two screen. Just tried the night and day slider and it didn’t help. With the slider on night the playfied is almost black and the playfiled lights are still really dim?

BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

hmm, I haven’t ever noticed it as an issue on any of the 3 systems I’ve run it on (one of them a windowed full screen cab).  I just played with the top 4 rollover “When Lit” lights a bit, and changing them from 8 to 20 definitely makes a very noticable difference on the machine I’m on (work computer) but doesn’t blow out the text.

Oh, and on the night-day slider I definitely wouldn’t move it all the way to night, this table is pretty dark naturally, moving it to maybe 3/4 of the way to night should have an effect also.

In any case I certainly have no issue telling when the lights are lit or not.. anybody else?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?