Atwood Blower Fan disassembly possible?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    xantari
    Participant
      @xantari

Does anyone have an Atwood 4000 blower fan?

Do you know if the fan comes off?

I would like to remove the fan and motor without destroying the thing so I can spray paint it black (it appears to only come as white, but I want it black).

I don’t want to break the fan and motor assembly if it is all glued together.

Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

Not very easily that’s for sure, I had the same thoughts as you for this fan.  You could mask the fan off and paint the rest, I went for the hidden idea where i mounted the fan below the rear of my back box.  Mounted the fan where nobody sees it and adapted some flex pipe, that wraps around and under the back box.  I have neon green duct tape on it and nobody sees it

xantari
        Participant
          @xantari

Can you show me with pictures? I’m not quiet sure how well that would look with a big roll of flex pipe running underneath the cab or behind it (i want to put very close to wall, so having the fant stick out there would cause problems.

Jesperpark
          Participant
            @jesperpark

Yeah I guess Pictures would help lol

xantari
            Participant
              @xantari

Ahh I see. I’m going to see if I can try spray paint this thing and mount on top of cabinet on an angled block of wood (so its facing downwards toward player).

How did you limit the speed of the fan? I heard its so powerful people need to run it at 50%

Jesperpark
              Participant
                @jesperpark

In the DOF config tool there is a place to adjust fan intensity.  Since e mine goes from back and around a corner I left it on full

xantari
                Participant
                  @xantari

Spray painted Atwood without disassembly, worked perfect

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?