Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

There are a few things that could be done – but, I’m not sure I’m the right guy for the task. Haven’t looked at how this could be scripted. I’m sure it can though. What I would love to get implemented is that the flasher domes which actually reacts in a wrong pattern in earlier releases could be synced with DOF flashers. Probably need to talk to Arngrim about it. Because there are two blue ones missing in the back of the table. I don’t know if this is normal, but, several of the lights have dual bulbs and some originally are LEDs. To me it looks like these are the ones replaced in the YT video.

I can tell you though. I turned off the light and played the modified table in a dark room. It kind of starts slow ( like the released ), not very exciting, but, once you get mb running – I at least enjoy the new modifications.

Bullwinkle55
      Participant
        @bullwinkle55

Thalamus , thanks for this table and to all who helped you. you said you were new at this but I hope you continue, as I like your ideas for lighting and such. thanks again

Thalamus
          @thalamus

Don’t know if you read my mind or … 3 hours ago I sat down and continued on this table. 32 have done a great job, so has Hauntfreaks. So, I’ve completed merging the latest changes from 32assassin into the mod I’ve been working on while he modernized the code. Seems I managed to get Jake coffin working. I’m still one the fence about using the YT mod table or use the original colors though. I don’t want to even try to make that as a option. I lean towards making the mod colored, but Freelunch wanted the opposite … so, well, maybe I throw a dice and let that be the decider.

So, yes, you guys are not forgotten and I’m back on the job.

Jesperpark
          Participant
            @jesperpark

It’s a tough call but in the end it’s your call.  I have changed the lighting colors In every pinball machine I have owned. In the end I have been happier with my changes over the original.  Let’s face facts Stern is not known for its interesting color choices, or original tables for that matter. Heck their single tube backglass lighting is perfect proof of that.

Aww man I have been hanging around Pinside too much. I’ve been turned into a Stern basher  :wacko:  

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

These updates look great…and much much nicer than the older VPX version Ive been using!

I know many of you have a “hate” for FP physics (though that earlier FP video is terrible and is not using the correct physics or BAM which makes a BIG difference), but I did just update the FP version to support addressable leds. As a result of that, I was also able to update the addressable leds for the VPX version as well. I couldn’t use all of the effects from the FP version, as I don’t have access to the original PinMAME “roms” code (whereas with a VP original or FP version, you could do anything you want).

To get an idea of “some” of the effects I used for the VPX version, here’s a video of my mod for the FP version’s addressable leds.  Even if you hate FP, you gotta love these awesome led MX effects.  Skip to 14:11 to skip my rambling and just see the effects in action.

….again, keep up the great work.  While everyone knows I still love FP despite the wonky flipper physics, I also love VPX for having the option for more accurate arcade repros as well.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

:wacko: You forgot to replace the playfield with this Terry B-)

TerryRed
                  @terryred

:wacko: You forgot to replace the playfield with this Terry B-)

YouTube Video Preview

Haha, love it!   I will say that the videos make the leds seem much brighter and distracting than they really are in a cabinet.

That video makes for inspiration for a new Time Warp mod!   :)

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

Having finally seen addressable LED’s in action when I visited randr last week, I can attest that video makes it look worse than it is live.  Before I was on the fence on whether to get it or not. It looked nice enough but I was concerned on reflection, etc but in reality the effect is just fantastic and I want it BIG TIME!

Might call on you for local advice Terry, but it’s gonna happen here. My only major problem is I can’t see how I can have the 9 rows at the back because of how my pincab is set up, but that’s a question and discussion for another thread.

Avatar looks like it’s come along well, can’t wait to play the finished mod!

freelunch
                    Participant
                      @freelunch

Don’t know if you read my mind or … 3 hours ago I sat down and continued on this table. 32 have done a great job, so has Hauntfreaks. So, I’ve completed merging the latest changes from 32assassin into the mod I’ve been working on while he modernized the code. Seems I managed to get Jake coffin working. I’m still one the fence about using the YT mod table or use the original colors though. I don’t want to even try to make that as a option. I lean towards making the mod colored, but Freelunch wanted the opposite … so, well, maybe I throw a dice and let that be the decider. So, yes, you guys are not forgotten and I’m back on the job.

Nah forget what I said if you’re leaning towards the modded version. I’ll enjoy the table regardless. I was just making a read that people want original stuff in recreations, but I have never played on a real Avatar and won’t notice.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Seems I ended up with something in-between. I’m still learning. Hope you like it.

Sven34
                        Participant
                          @sven34

Thanks Thalamus for New Update  :good:

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Thank you for the update :good:

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

Pinbolt
                            Participant
                              @pinbolt

Thank you Thalamus for the update. Very good mod but a thing don’t work.

The Banshee Ramp don’t count the hits.

32assassin
                              Participant
                                @32assassin

I updated the gates, but version 1.1 still has the gate settings from version 1.0

select gate sw52 and change the  surface from Ramp3 to Ramp12

you should also delete the other gate, since its not in the table

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5618&picno=46856&zoom=1

if you delete the gate you will also have to remove this

RampGate2.RotZ = -(Gate3.currentangle)

from line 165

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Attachments:
                                3 users thanked author for this post.
                                Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

I knew I was going to mess up something. :wacko:

Thank you both.

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Could any of you guys who have addressable leds let me know how my new DOF MX update for this table is working for you…..

Any feedback is welcome, as I only see how things look and work in my cabinet.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

I will revert this to defaults in my configs and try addressable a config Tuesday night. Sorry been on a chime binge last week or so :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

Bullwinkle55
                                      Participant
                                        @bullwinkle55

Your doing great at this.

Now that I’m retired and no longer changing shifts every week, maybe I’ll  be able to find a way to contribute to this community that has given me so much enjoyment. I’ve so much to learn first though.

Keep up the great work.

STAT
                                        Participant
                                          @stefanaustria
                                          MemberContributor

Thanks Thalamus, really love this Works, when Tables will be better and better, you do that :good:
                                          Thanks also 32assassin and again to Fren  :bye:

STAT
                                          Participant
                                            @stefanaustria
                                            MemberContributor

I think, you also have to moving (a Part from …) Primitive9 to the Gate on the Right Side ?

And more in the Curve, or is this another ? http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5618&picno=46859&zoom=1

But doesn’t matter now, just a small visual Thing …

Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 158 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?