Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

I didn’t plan on re-visiting this. But, fixing my mistakes seems like something I should do. So, shoot … :)

STAT
      Participant
        @stefanaustria
        MemberContributor

Ok lets Play some Games …

@Hauntfreaks
        : sorry for the Grill ;-)

Thalamus
          @thalamus

Sorry STAT. I don’t know how I can do that. Probably possible if exporting into blender and doing some stuff there … bla bla bla – export … etc.

32assassin
          Participant
            @32assassin

I exported that primitive and removed the gate cover that was in the plunger lane.

the easy way to do this is to

export primitive

import obj into blender

Tab  –> switch to edit mode

Border Select  –> select all the vertices that build the Gate cover

Delete key –> delete vertices

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Thalamus
              @thalamus

Thank you 32assassin for explaining. I’ll give it a try.

kds70
              Participant
                @kds70

Thx for the updated table Thalamus :yahoo:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

Don’t know 32. I have to laugh at myself. I manged to actually delete. But, I never exported and imported from blender. I guess I have some scaling issues going on. LOL. This is crazy. I’m feel so lost inside blender.

Never mind. Seems I figured it out in the end. Thank you once again 32.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

@terryred HOLY SHIT are the effects amazing! now the table seems a bit buggy but “playable” multiball balls don’t auto plunge i think auto plunger is broken but the effects with addressable rgb’s are simply the coolest yet! Glass reflections are bad in video but not in person so understand that when watching

Near the end of video (around 7:15)watch when i finally get ARM thingy and hit the ROBOT thingy WOW the effect is great! You guys have to watch the effects! It is our first time seeing them live on cab and really is something else!

Here is video like i said you may want to skip to the 7:00 mark or so

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

That looked fantastic eh?, gotta admit it eh?  LOL.    I am concerned as your wife said at some point “can’t see anything” but her angle might have been too low, so dealt with more reflections on the playfield glass from that angle?

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

She was looking through camera

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                          @terryred
                          MemberContributorModerator

@terryred HOLY SHIT are the effects amazing! now the table seems a bit buggy but “playable” multiball balls don’t auto plunge i think auto plunger is broken but the effects with addressable rgb’s are simply the coolest yet! Glass reflections are bad in video but not in person so understand that when watching Near the end of video (around 7:15)watch when i finally get ARM thingy and hit the ROBOT thingy WOW the effect is great! You guys have to watch the effects! It is our first time seeing them live on cab and really is something else! Here is video like i said you may want to skip to the 7:00 mark or so

YouTube Video Preview

Haha… I love it! May favorite video by far.

I got a live video demo… a first time reaction… seeing the effects on Mopar Madness… Mrs Randr playing the table AND recording and cracking jokes… seeing randr get the most excited I’ve seen him in videos for a while…. and last but not least…. Coco the puppy! (not sure how its spelled).

I think there are 2 triggers firing Beacon MX effects (I mirrored the original DOF for beacon) when AMP MB is started. That’s why there is so much going on there.

I think I found a bug with the modded table in the video. I noticed the Green Banshee ramp MX effect firing at times when it doesn’t normally. I just tried both the new mod table vs the older table that I used for doing the update.  On the new modded table, the right Gate trigger that is for the Banshee ramp (SW52, which is W52 in DOF) is getting triggered from the playfield / ball launch instead of the banshee ramp gate which is the same position, but higher. The original version of the table has this triggering correctly. (when the ball goes down the banshee ramp)

I assume SW52 on the modded table needs to be corrected / raised somehow.

Definitely put a smile on my face.   :)   …but man it kills me how very limited and uncontrolled this MX mod is compared to what I can do with a FP or VP original table (like my upcoming Stranger Things MX mod).

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

well I wil say any table you add effects to I will be reverting to defaults that’s for sure. Thanks Terry for the work your doing!

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

Terry. Believe the temporary fix for Banshee is described by 32 a few posts back. Looks like I need to get addressable led strips myself now. Good job Terry. When I saw that video I though to myself that it would be better if I went the other way and use the colors I was planning. Red when shooting mech. This is definitely a complaint but I don’t understand why colors chosen is so different from the tables theme.

… update – mean of course … not a complaint :)

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Terry. Believe the temporary fix for Banshee is described by 32 a few posts back. Looks like I need to get addressable led strips myself now. Good job Terry. When I saw that video I though to myself that it would be better if I went the other way and use the colors I was planning. Red when shooting mech. This is definitely a complaint but I don’t understand why colors chosen is so different from the tables theme.

The colours I use match the table’s game modes / target colours.   This is usually how I do colours for a table, or otherwise I match the table’s colours.  Unlike 5 RGB flashers (which will override one flash action with another flash action), MX leds will have EVERY action displayed at the same time all the time. With addressable leds in particular, you want distinct colours, or you will get a big blob of the same colour….especially when things get busy.

The center playfield shows the colours / modes.

Green = Banshee   (Banshee Ramp)

Yellow = AMP  (AMP Targets)

Blue = NAVI  (Navi Targets)

White / GRAY = LINK

Vaykyrie (can’t remember)

Bumpers = Yellow, Orange, White

The MECH’s big blast effect was actually a small part of the (much cooler) Magnet effect I used for the FP version I did (which I originally tried to use for the magnet on the VP version). I also have a yellow target appear, When I saw the effect appear for hitting the mech instead of a magnet, I had the same reaction as randr. (cool!) Then I saw the target in front of the mech and the mech itself were a similar colour, so I left that in because it matched.

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zilxhxhjv1vrvan/avatar%20080116a%20mod%201.12.vpx?dl=0

Before officially uploading this. Not much QC done. Hopefully I’ve fixed :

• sw52 as reported
                                  • made STAT happy
                                  • Improved the look of the in-lanes ( where all one primitive )

Thanks again 32assassins for the short but valuable blender tip.

Pinbolt
                                  Participant
                                    @pinbolt

Thanks Thalamus but what has you done with the DT view?

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Probably messed it up while flying around and forgot to reset !?

Should be fixed now – thanks for telling me.

Pinbolt
                                      Participant
                                        @pinbolt

Thanks, is perfect now.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

Yup, ramp trigger seems to be working correctly now. Much nicer.

Some nice lighting on the PF compared to the older version I was using.

Jesperpark
                                          Participant
                                            @jesperpark

Thanks for the update :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 158 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?