Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    NailBuster
      @nailbuster
      ModeratorMember

Avatar PinUp Player Pack (BackGlass, Topper)

System:  Visual Pinball Player (version 10.4+)

All Video, Media and Artwork by xkane47,
      PuP-Pack Editor & PuPCapture files by Nailbuster,
      Fan trailer by Imakefilmtrailers (youtube)

Video preview:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LCykrJ1whc

Requirements:

PinUP Player v1.20 or greater

VPX:  Designed to work with Avatar mod 1.12

ROM:  Designed to work with “avr_200”.  May work with other versions.

DMD Colors:  R=255 G=88 B=32

Installation:

Ensure there are no files in your PUPVideosavr_200 folder (if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack (avr_200) folder into your PUPVideos folder.

(example: C:Visual PinballTablesPinUpPlayerPUPVideosavr_200).

Background Videos:

Backglass:  Enabled by default

Topper   :  Enabled by default

(note background settings are configurable by using PinUPPackEditor.exe)

Installation Notes:

The Backglass has a default setting to enable a looping Background Backglass video.  You can remove your existing Avatar.directb2s file as it is not needed. (and won’t be seen while using this PuP-Pack)

The Topper has a default setting to enable a looping Background Topper Video.  If you are using your own Topper Video (through Pinball X) you should either disable the Topper Background video (using PinUPPackEditor), or replace it with your own video.

This PuP-Pack is designed for people with Backglass and Toppers.  There is a different PuP-Pack available for users without Toppers.

This PuP-Pack does not require a modded Visual Pinball table to work.  No table script modifications are required.  It should work with any Avatar vpx table that uses rom avr_200.  Tested with Avatar table mod 1.12.

Troubleshooting:

Visit:

http://vpinball.com/forums/forum/visual-pinball-forums/pinup-player-interactive-video-plugin/

Matt Bini
      Participant
        @mattbini

Hi NailBuster, Thanks again for this wonderful addition to the game. I have it working and it looks Fantastic. I have one small queery, when I delete the b2s Backglass file it doesnt work for me so I have to have it on underneath. Is there a setting I need to use to turn it off. This is of interest as my machine is fairly old and it helps to remove as many unnecessary items as poss to enhance the play quality, if it is not possible maybe a blank b2s file would do the trick with just and activate plugins box to tick? Regards MAtt

Matt Bini
        Participant
          @mattbini

Hi NailBuster, Thanks again for this wonderful addition to the game. I have it working and it looks Fantastic. I have one small queery, when I delete the b2s Backglass file it doesnt work for me so I have to have it on underneath. Is there a setting I need to use to turn it off. This is of interest as my machine is fairly old and it helps to remove as many unnecessary items as poss to enhance the play quality, if it is not possible maybe a blank b2s file would do the trick with just and activate plugins box to tick? Regards MAtt

Appologies Nailbuster I just deleted the b2s file and now it works, I must have deleted all the other files last time.

Thanks again going for another go on Avatar. Its great fun! B-)

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

This PuP-Pack may not work correctly with the new PinUP System, as it needs to be updated.

There will be an updated version when time permits.

TerryRed
              @terryred

Updated Avatar PuP-Packs now available.

I updated both Avatar PuP-Packs to make use of new PinUP Player 1.3 features and also to make them work correctly with the order of layering,etc. I also reduced the file sizes significantly by using Constant Quality Factor (CQ) instead of Constant Bitrate (CBR). This is how I got the Tron PuP-Packs to be much smaller as well. NailBuster has made the updated files available.

2 users thanked author for this post.
              Connorsdad
              Participant
                @connorsdad

I am not getting the looping video in the topper, apart from that everything else works fine. I’m running latest version of pinup, any idea please ?

TerryRed
                  @terryred

I am not getting the looping video in the topper, apart from that everything else works fine. I’m running latest version of pinup, any idea please ?

Load the pup-pack into pup-pack editor, and change your Topper setting to ForceOn.

Try both PuP-Packs top see which you prefer.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Connorsdad
                  Participant
                    @connorsdad

Load the pup-pack into pup-pack editor, and change your Topper setting to ForceOn.

Try both PuP-Packs top see which you prefer.

Thanks Terry, I’ll try this later.

Zedixair
                    Participant
                      @zedixair

I’ve just upgraded my pincab from a 2-screen set-up (PF + BG and Virtual DMD on the same second screen) to a 3-screen setup (added a topper screen).

The Avatar puppack was running fine before the upgrade, but now, I have an issue: my virtual DMD, which is always positioned on the second (BG) screen, always disappears when I launch a game. It’s still there, because I can see it with “alt+tab”, but I can’t make it appear and stay on the BG.

So, I now have videos on my topper screen, but I can no longer see the scores… I suppose it’s due to a setting that have changed, but can’t find a solution…

What should I do to have the DMD always visible on my BG screen ?

And I’ve just seen that I have exactly the same issue with T2 table, whereas all my other puppacks (more than 25) work without any problem after the upgrade.

Any help will be really appreciated, thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?