Avengers (Stern 2012) – WIP

Viewing 17 posts - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    arconovum
    Participant
      @nicholaschristopher
      MemberContributor

ozg , I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on avs_140, or optionally how do I get pinmame to recognize avs_170c ? where do I get a pinmame that is able to recognize it? I have latest vpinmame dll, but the UI not.

ozg
      Participant
        @netweight

ozg , I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on avs_140, or optionally how do I get pinmame to recognize avs_170c ? where do I get a pinmame that is able to recognize it? I have latest vpinmame dll, but the UI not.

Look on page 2 of this thread, under frens post, you should see the avs_140 zip, then read senseless post on page 3 of this thread and download that gethub link. Then laurent posted the color ROM on page 3. Then change the script on line 65 to the correct ROM name, on the Avengers table (AFTER YOU INSTALL EVERYTHING BELOW). If you’ve never used a color ROM before, it’s kind of a task to set things up. You will also need the atl color files which can be found here (first DESCARGAS link at the bottom) http://pinballvirtual.es/sobre-los-dmd-y-color-dmd-manual/

Then once you have it setup, you have to adjust the config. file among other things. It seems overwhelming but it’s not that bad, just takes a bit of doing. What I’ve typed are no kind of instructions, it’s just what you need to get started, materials and all.

Also, you have to be up to date on these:

I’m using these with no issues:

SAMBuild_r4284 (SAM) http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2933-sambuild29-beta-thread/

VPX_3_beta_rev3088 (VPX beta) ON VPINBALL/HERE

Oh and this, LOL: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=17

Once you see/read some instructions, it takes the OH MY GOD part out of this mess!

Later

There are newer color ROMs and alt color folders, you just have to ask the right people around here to get them.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        roar
        Participant
          @roar

Are people providing pre-patched colour rom’s here? Is @randr alright with that? It would be nice for people to have a place to go to for pre-patched rom’s rather than having to walk people through the patching process.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          ozg
          Participant
            @netweight

Are people providing pre-patched colour rom’s here? Is @randr alright with that? It would be nice for people to have a place to go to for pre-patched rom’s rather than having to walk people through the patching process.

I agree, then I say no, legal matters. (people are nice here and one slips in every once in a while, whoops)

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

we dont need to have new stern roms here when you can get them on sterns site. As for color i am not sure but i think some use colordmd(tm) colorizing and i do not want that here either

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                @hauntfreaks
                vipContributorMember

are custom colored end user roms cool??

roar
                Participant
                  @roar

we dont need to have new stern roms here when you can get them on sterns site. As for color i am not sure but i think some use colordmd(tm) colorizing and i do not want that here either

I wasn’t aware of any issues with the colourized roms that the VP community use infringing on ColorDMD(tm) work but I’m not exactly ‘in-the-know’. The reason I asked at all is because I thought someone had provided a link to a pre-patched ROM and if that was okay with you I would happily upload the rest of them to save folks the trouble of having to run command line utilities… but I can’t find that link anymore so I must have made it up :) Carry on… nothing to see here :)

Edit: Weird… I got randr’s quote by clicking on Hauntfreaks post.

To address Hauntfreaks post though… yes… I think coloured roms are cool and most certainly the bees knees :)

senseless
                  Participant
                    @senseless

The patched rom I uploaded is the result and work by Sharkky who created the ROM File patch for Stern Avengers and he deserves all credits  I don’t think it has anything to do with colordmd or any related trademarks and did this in the spear of the moment. @randr: please let me know if you want me to remove.

Custom colored end user roms are really cool and over at vpu people are getting into doing customizations on standard 4 color roms to change them into 16 color versions. The rom for Simpons Pinball Party is a nice example of this :).

ozg
                    Participant
                      @netweight

I don’t think a link to files would hurt anything, but it’s not my website (randrs choice). Hosting the files is another legal matter all to itself. Even when people do the color palette (colorizing) on the ROMs that’s ille… But I love the color ROMs, LOL.

Andypc
                      Participant
                        @andypc

The table looks and plays great :yahoo: Please can I ask one favour, please can you do a version with the original version of The Hulk. I know he doesn’t raise his arms, but I just prefer the look of the original Hulk. Would it be possible to put in an option to switch to which version you would like?

It is an option, I have three different Avengers (all VPX) running three different ROMs. avs_140, avs_170, avs_170c. Do you need the files or something?

I have all the roms, but I was referring to the model of the Hulk. I prefer the original Hulk rather than the one used on the latest version.  Can a version be done with the original Hulk model.

ozg
                        Participant
                          @netweight

I don’t know if they made other changes to the table besides shrinking the cube and changing the Hulk model. Otherwise, just change the script to the ROM that you want to use, most of the time it doesn’t make a difference, it’s just an updated ROM. But the table was originally scripted for avs_140. I play the same table that you’re talking about with the avs_170c ROM.

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

I think he’s talking about the 2d hulk (an image of the hulk) not a 3d model….

ozg
                            Participant
                              @netweight

I think he’s talking about the 2d hulk (an image of the hulk) not a 3d model….

The table on page one looks like Hulk, the second has a shiny body and funny looking face, the third table, Hulk looks like a gator. Is there another one?

Daryl
                              Participant
                                @allknowing2012

Should DOF work with this table? I dont see an entry in the config tool either..

[update] I do see it in the config tool as avs  so it *should* work wit havs_170c .. hmmm

[update] user error – restart got DOF back, but lost the color rom and table makes 10.4 crash on exit.

Going to revisit the verisons of pinmame I have on here.

danijela
                                Participant
                                  @danijela

Hey, do someone know how to adjust power of plunger? Plunger is pretty weak on this table and I can’t get ball to rollovers by it…..

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

Yes. Open table. Press cntr+shift-e – then scroll down to plunger. Make sure that options is active on the left pane. Once you select plunger you should be able to adjust the numbers for the plunger. And here is more info about the subject. https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/plunger-adjustments/ I think it would be a good read for you to have a look at the other wiki articles and tutorials that are made at this site. You will learn a lot.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    danijela
                                    Participant
                                      @danijela

But where I to click to change number? Double click? It wasn’t worked when i tried it

Viewing 17 posts - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?