Backglasses not closing for certain games

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    redrooster
    Participant
      @redrooster

I’ve got this lingering issue with PinballX not closing backglasses, but only on certain games.

I tried the batch thing, I tried to add text to the scripts, nothing is working. These tables work fine, other than the backglasses not closing, and it’s a PinballX specific issue. Using them in regular VP9/VPX, the backglass closes just fine.

I feel it is interesting/important to note that it is only applicable to games that don’t have a DMD/have scoring on the backglass itself.

Games in question:

VPX
      Ali
      Bad Cats
      Cubs (chicago cubs triple play baseball)
      Elvira and the party monsters
      Robocop

VP9
      Rocky

Thanks in advance for any responses.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Don’t use PBX’s exit emulator key. Disable that in PBX settings and use the “ESC” key to exit your tables…BUT you must HOLD DOWN the ESC key until your table is closed. DO NOT just push it briefly.

redrooster
        Participant
          @redrooster

I was hooked up yesterday with a KillBackglass.exe file that’s working for me, but i am looking at the Exit/ESC key issue because you also brought that up to me yesterday about my PuP screens/videos staying up in PinballX.

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

I was hooked up yesterday with a KillBackglass.exe file that’s working for me, but i am looking at the Exit/ESC key issue because you also brought that up to me yesterday about my PuP screens/videos staying up in PinballX.

Never use a taskkill with VPX! It will cause issues with B2S backglasses, PuP-Packs, and DOF not closing “cleanly”, and you may still have problems.

Try my method above to see if it can work as well.  A big problem is many people setup their “exit emulator” key that same as the exit key in VPX and that causes problems. Do not have them both set to the same key/button.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?