Batman (Data East, 1989) Pup Pack (BackGlass, Topper)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Dr.Tom
    Participant
      @crile1
      MemberContributor

PROBLEM SOLVED!  For those who get “image file not found” errors, I figured out the problem.  Look in the btm_106 PUP vid file.  All files with .m4v are not playing for us.  Simply rename the files .mp4.  It’s a lot of file names to change, but worth it.  Then, you’ll need to go to the PinUPPlayerB2SConfig.exe in your pinupplayer folder and change the files that say m4v to their new mp4 equivalents.  And…SHAZAM!  It will work.

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

PROBLEM SOLVED! For those who get “image file not found” errors, I figured out the problem. Look in the btm_106 PUP vid file. All files with .m4v are not playing for us. Simply rename the files .mp4. It’s a lot of file names to change, but worth it. Then, you’ll need to go to the PinUPPlayerB2SConfig.exe in your pinupplayer folder and change the files that say m4v to their new mp4 equivalents. And…SHAZAM! It will work.

Great that it works…but you must have something else going on….     m4v files work fine….I used them in Tron for the trailer.  PuP is using VLc 32 bit version. Is that the version of VLC you have installed Tom?

Dr.Tom
        Participant
          @crile1
          MemberContributor

Oh Terry, how you are always right and I am always wrong.  So, okay…if you are running and OLDER version of PUP (like me) then m4v files will not play.  So, be a smart guy like TerryRed and download the PUP installer which has the newer version that plays m4v files.  Save yourself the pain of renaming all those files.  But, hey, at least I learned me something new today.  And to think, I could have been ripping BTTF 3 vids…oh well.

TerryRed
            @terryred

Oh Terry, how you are always right and I am always wrong. So, okay…if you are running and OLDER version of PUP (like me) then m4v files will not play. So, be a smart guy like TerryRed and download the PUP installer which has the newer version that plays m4v files. Save yourself the pain of renaming all those files. But, hey, at least I learned me something new today. And to think, I could have been ripping BTTF 3 vids…oh well.

For the Data East table….and I think there is a Pinsound for that too….very nice! If you need some help or advice…myself…Kai, and Xkane would be good resources…and the Indy PuP-Pack guy…can’t remember his name.

At some point…god knows when…I WILL be doing a DOFLinx mod….DOF, Lights, MX Leds…and PuP of SLAMT1LT’s awesome original BTTF for FP.

Johngreve
            Participant
              @johngreve

Oh Terry, how you are always right and I am always wrong. So, okay…if you are running and OLDER version of PUP (like me) then m4v files will not play. So, be a smart guy like TerryRed and download the PUP installer which has the newer version that plays m4v files. Save yourself the pain of renaming all those files. But, hey, at least I learned me something new today. And to think, I could have been ripping BTTF 3 vids…oh well.

Thanks Tom and TerryRed for the update on this…I tried the update yesterday and ran the installer thinking that it would update all of my original PuP files….apparently not though because they still show that they are version 1.. I suppose that the update updated another set of PuP files located somewhere else, though I have no idea as to go about finding them. I placed all the original PuP files from the original PuP Tron table in my tables folder as instructed….I believe them to be the only PuP files on my system so I’m not sure what I did wrong at this point.I’ll be the first to admit I’m not very competent with computers and updating things. VP is really my only experience ever doing this…..we had an IT guy at work for idiots like me. I’ll keep working at it as the results are well worth it and moving forward this is going to be big!

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

I can’t say it enough.  Before installing new version, remove the old PUP files.  It will save some frustrations.

Johngreve
                Participant
                  @johngreve

I can’t say it enough. Before installing new version, remove the old PUP files. It will save some frustrations.

Great advice…..I finally was able to update to the new version manually.
                  I really am not sure why I had so much trouble…..other than being a dumbass that is.

The Batman videos all work properly now. No more “file not found” . Tremendous improvement…..
                  Thanks to all who made this possible and to those who helped drag me over the hump with my problems by answering my questions.

Matt Bini
                  Participant
                    @mattbini

:bye:Hi works great thanks, I also had to go into the pinup editor  and turn off the dmd to stop a black screen  over my dmd. Unfortunatley I need to upgrade my pc though as i get some stutter when new vids are activated during play on all the pinup vpx games so far, if anyone knows a solution please let me know.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

:bye:Hi works great thanks, I also had to go into the pinup editor and turn off the dmd to stop a black screen over my dmd. Unfortunatley I need to upgrade my pc though as i get some stutter when new vids are activated during play on all the pinup vpx games so far, if anyone knows a solution please let me know.

If you are running in Borderless Windowed….the try running in exclusive fullscreen.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Matt Bini
                      Participant
                        @mattbini

TerryRed Hi thanks but I already have exclusive full screen on, without it I get constant stutter on vpx. I notice the stutter only when a new vid starts so I am guessing its too much for the cpu, I will give it a go without 4xbrute force tommorow and let you know if i still get stutter then. Cheers<!–more–>_

NailBuster
                          @nailbuster
                          ModeratorMember

what resolution is your backglass?

on lower end system with lower-resolutions, you could batch-convert some hi-res to lower-res videos to see if that helps too.

Matt Bini
                          Participant
                            @mattbini

Hi Nailbuster, TerryRed, first of all thanks again for yor great work and help on this, I couldnt go to bed on it so have kept trying different settings, I got rid of a lot of stutter by turning off the shader cache in nvidea, never thought of it before as it says it improves performance when on, I am much happier now as i can play Batman stutter free direct from vpx, so am on the edge as i still get a minor stutter in pinballx. I would like to try your advice nailbuster with the batch converter, would you be able to recomend a good one to use. Many thanks in advance as need to get zeds in now. Cheers again.

NailBuster
                              @nailbuster
                              ModeratorMember

There’s plenty of batch converters/utils …but for free and simple..  Handbrake is popular:  https://handbrake.fr/

Dr.Tom
                              Participant
                                @crile1
                                MemberContributor

Anyone have a link to the pinsound version of this game?

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

Enabling pinsound is something you do in pinmame. So, the answer is – any version of Batman DE is potentially a pinsound version.

Carny has some excellent info on the subject here …

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/lesser-known-features-of-vpinmame-alternate-soundtrack-remixes/&#8217;

Currently you would have to run pinsound 0.8 for DE.

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Anyone have a link to the pinsound version of this game?

Here are your choices…one of them will have movie-like audio.

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/61-batman/

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Just got back and gave this a quick play.. Looks fantastic. Love all the animated TExt effects and clip art,etc. Really smooth and fits the theme great. Having most of your Topper videos in proper 21:9 aspect also looks good. If I could make a consideration for future PuP-Packs. Since this is a movie themed table…don’t feel you need to restrict yourself to using the original Backglass. There are movie posters and loads of high quality wallpaper, art, etc that you can use that would really compliment your work better. It would be easier to get that to work with a 16:9 ratio so it won’t look squished compared to the rest of your clips. Job well done! Is there a Pinsound for this table? Would go great with it!

Thank you Terry! I will consider what you said about movie posters if I do another movie themed one. As for pin sound, i *only* play this table with the OST alt sound. It is an epic, whole other thing, even the voice samples are clean. You should give it a shot! -K

Hmmm…Pinsound doesn’t seem to work for me with this table.  I tried this option here:

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/213-batman_ost_eng_v2/

…but neither Sound mode 1 is working, nor is SoundMode 2 with PinSound Studio 0.8 running.

Renamed download folder to btmn_106.  Not sure what I’m missing. All other Pinsound mixes for other tables are working.

Matt Bini
                                      Participant
                                        @mattbini

Enabling pinsound is something you do in pinmame. So, the answer is – any version of Batman DE is potentially a pinsound version. Carny has some excellent info on the subject here … ‘http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/lesser-known-features-of-vpinmame-alternate-soundtrack-remixes/’ Currently you would have to run pinsound 0.8 for DE.

Thanks Thal and Terry, I have always been curious about how other cabs on you tube sound better in vp like fp, aI will definatley check this out. Wow you can never get bored with virtual pinball, there is so much to learn and do.

MisterKai
                                        Participant
                                          @mrkai

Just got back and gave this a quick play.. Looks fantastic. Love all the animated TExt effects and clip art,etc. Really smooth and fits the theme great. Having most of your Topper videos in proper 21:9 aspect also looks good. If I could make a consideration for future PuP-Packs. Since this is a movie themed table…don’t feel you need to restrict yourself to using the original Backglass. There are movie posters and loads of high quality wallpaper, art, etc that you can use that would really compliment your work better. It would be easier to get that to work with a 16:9 ratio so it won’t look squished compared to the rest of your clips. Job well done! Is there a Pinsound for this table? Would go great with it!

Thank you Terry! I will consider what you said about movie posters if I do another movie themed one. As for pin sound, i *only* play this table with the OST alt sound. It is an epic, whole other thing, even the voice samples are clean. You should give it a shot! -K

Hmmm…Pinsound doesn’t seem to work for me with this table. I tried this option here: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/213-batman_ost_eng_v2/ …but neither Sound mode 1 is working, nor is SoundMode 2 with PinSound Studio 0.8 running. Renamed download folder to btmn_106. Not sure what I’m missing. All other Pinsound mixes for other tables are working.

Heh…I could say the same in a different direction; I have tables that do not emit a single sound (alt sound) but others…no problem

I have the in the alt sound folder. It “just worked” when I set the mode. Visual Pinball, is kind of “voodoo” and there is a lot of “Cargo Cult IT” around the thing if ya ask me, heheh…who knows (really) why it works here and not there :)

-K

Matt Bini
                                          Participant
                                            @mattbini

what resolution is your backglass? on lower end system with lower-resolutions, you could batch-convert some hi-res to lower-res videos to see if that helps too.

NailBuster TerryRed Just to let you know the good news for me and any others with lower end systems, I downloaded handbrake and batch converted the mp4 files to the lowest res quality Gmail 288 res (thought Id start low and work back up) Well, not one stutter including via pinballx. I am so pleased with this as I have always thought the videos bring an extra depth and something extra especially when spectating, back from slamt1lts fp versions. I Will be seeing how far I can crank them up now, at the moment I got the vids down from 7000 to 250b in size, but I think will be looking at maybe a res of above 576 for working and clear playing vids. Marvelous Thanks again! :yahoo:

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?