Black Hole (Gottlieb 1981)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Arngrim
    Participant
      @arngrim
      DOF MinisterMember

sorry i was in pincab maintenance mode this week-end, i replaced my shaker

the updates

Sub Bumper1_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw(6):bump1 = 1:PlaySound SoundFX(“DR BumperL”,DOFContactors):DOF 101, DOFPulse:End Sub
      Sub Bumper2_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw(6):bump2 = 1:PlaySound SoundFX(“Bumper”,DOFContactors):DOF 102, DOFPulse:End Sub
      Sub Bumper3_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw(6):bump3 = 1:PlaySound SoundFX(“DR BumperR”,DOFContactors):DOF 103, DOFPulse:End Sub
      Sub Bumper4_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw(6):bump4 = 1:PlaySound SoundFX(“DR BumperL”,DOFContactors):DOF 104, DOFPulse:End Sub
      Sub Bumper5_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw(71):bump5 = 1:PlaySound SoundFX(“DR BumperL”,DOFContactors):DOF 105, DOFPulse:End Sub
      Sub Bumper6_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw(71):bump6 = 1:PlaySound SoundFX(“DR BumperR”,DOFContactors):DOF 106, DOFPulse:End Sub

Sub Sling1_slingshot:vpmTimer.PulseSw(34):PlaySound SoundFX(“slingshot2”,DOFContactors):Sling1a.visible = false:pSling1.TransZ = -8:Sling1b.visible = true:Sling1Step = 0:Me.TimerEnabled = 1:DOF 107, DOFPulse:End Sub

Sub Sling2_slingshot:vpmTimer.PulseSw(34):PlaySound SoundFX(“slingshot1”,DOFContactors):Sling2a.visible = false:pSling2.TransZ = -8:Sling2b.visible = true:Sling2Step = 0:Me.TimerEnabled = 1:DOF 108, DOFPulse:End Sub

and i added a dynamic rgb undercab effect based on the lightning of the lower playfield

Sub SetLowerGIOn
      DOF 110, DOFOff
      If NightMod = 1 then
      LowerPlayfield2.imageA = “BlackHole_LPF_night_on”
      Else
      LowerPlayfield2.imageA = “BlackHole_LPF_day_on”
      End If
      pDT_LL70.image = “droptarget_Yellow”
      pDT_LL60.image = “droptarget_Yellow”
      pDT_LL50.image = “droptarget_Yellow”
      pDT_LL40.image = “droptarget_Yellow”
      pDT_LL61.image = “droptarget_White”
      pDT_LL51.image = “droptarget_White”
      pDT_LL41.image = “droptarget_White”
      LPFoverhead.state = 1
      End Sub
      Sub SetLowerGIOff
      DOF 110, DOFOn
      If NightMod = 1 then
      LowerPlayfield2.imageA = “BlackHole_LPF_night_off”
      Else
      LowerPlayfield2.imageA = “BlackHole_LPF_day_off”
      End If
      pDT_LL70.image = “droptarget_Yellow_off”
      pDT_LL60.image = “droptarget_Yellow_off”
      pDT_LL50.image = “droptarget_Yellow_off”
      pDT_LL40.image = “droptarget_Yellow_off”
      pDT_LL61.image = “droptarget_White_off”
      pDT_LL51.image = “droptarget_White_off”
      pDT_LL41.image = “droptarget_White_off”
      LPFoverhead.state = 0
      End Sub

Cheers

2 users thanked author for this post.
      htamas
      Participant
        @htamas

Great job on this table, thanks a lot. It plays really well.

One thing I noticed that the flippers’ angle on the lower playfield doesn’t seem to be right. I don’t think the real machine has them asymmetric… that’s not how I remember the real thing to be and based on a TNT Amusements video, they should be angled differently:

Capture

Attachments:
        BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

Great job on this table, thanks a lot. It plays really well. One thing I noticed that the flippers’ angle on the lower playfield doesn’t seem to be right. I don’t think the real machine has them asymmetric… that’s not how I remember the real thing to be and based on a TNT Amusements video, they should be angled differently:  

I agree, and also I believe they should also be the same size Gottlieb standard flippers as the main playfield ones, they smaller in the this recreation.

cyberpez
          Participant
            @cyberpez

Great job on this table, thanks a lot. It plays really well. One thing I noticed that the flippers’ angle on the lower playfield doesn’t seem to be right. I don’t think the real machine has them asymmetric… that’s not how I remember the real thing to be and based on a TNT Amusements video, they should be angled differently:

I agree, and also I believe they should also be the same size Gottlieb standard flippers as the main playfield ones, they smaller in the this recreation.

Hmmm, I think they are at different angles unless I’m understanding you wrong?  Size is different though.. Longer and not as fat…   I’ll blame WRD since he’s not around to defend himself.   :whistle:

flippers

Attachments:
            rothbauerw
              @rothbauerw
              ModeratorContributorMembervip

Actually, the flippers are supposed to be asymmetrical.  Here’s a grab of the lower playfield from the manual.  You can search many other pictures of the lower playfield that show the same.

bhlp

I’ve updated the script with Arngrim’s changes.

@Arngrim

Looking back at the old table, Sling8 was also mapped to DOF 111, but it’s not in the config.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Attachments:
              BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

Actually, the flippers are supposed to be asymmetrical. Here’s a grab of the lower playfield from the manual. You can search many other pictures of the lower playfield that show the same. bhlp I’ve updated the script with Arngrim’s changes. Can someone test and let me know if the bumpers and slings are working with DOF. @arngrim Looking back at the old table, Sling8 was also mapped to DOF 111, but it’s not in the config. I’ve added to the script. https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxd4nba2uf1uou6/Black%20Hole%20%28Gottlieb%201981%29%20vpx%201.0a.vpx?dl=0

That’s what we get for believing what we see in a TNT video.   :wacko:  Of course I don’t blindly trust the manuals either as not one of mine is totally right on the playfield layout.

htamas
                Participant
                  @htamas

Heh, thanks… looks like TNT was wrong then, setting them up in a symmetric fashion – and so was the place where I played this table (although it was many years ago so I may not remember right either :-) )

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

I don’t know, but I lean towards BorgDog’ explanation until proven otherwise ;)

kds70
                    Participant
                      @kds70

Thanks arngrim for updating the script / dof functions. I´ve learned something :good:   :yahoo:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Arngrim
                      Participant
                        @arngrim
                        DOF MinisterMember

E111 is in the dof config in the configtool, i missed it in the script update, good catch roth ;)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Scooby
                        Participant
                          @scooby

I’m having a lot of fun with this table, thanks to cyberpez, Roth, Wrd everyone involved.  For some reason when I was cleaning up files on my cab, I noticed I have a version 1.0 and 1.0a for this table.

Version 1.0 is dated 5/31/17 and version 1.0a is dated 6/5/17.

Was 1.0a a beta at some point and which is the most stable version I should be playing?

Thanks!

Scooby
                          Participant
                            @scooby

Does anyone know if version 1.0a was a beta and if the latest version I should use is 1.0?

Thanks.

cyberpez
                            Participant
                              @cyberpez

Sorry for missing your first question.  I think all that was different in 1.0 and 1.0a was a quick DOF add by Roth.

version 1.1 will have these fixes along with re-sized lower flipper and maybe.. I don’t know?  I’m sorta sitting on the update right now while being distracted with other projects.  Soon though!!

Scooby
                              Participant
                                @scooby

Thanks cyberpez, I look forward to playing the update.  No rush, I’m having fun with the current version!

Jesperpark
                                Participant
                                  @jesperpark

Whoo Hoo

Thanks for the update Cyberpez

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Thanks for the update!

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

Update ?! Ah – thank you very much Cyberpez !

Sven34
                                      Participant
                                        @sven34

Thank you very much for Black Hole  :good:

Parabolic
                                        Participant
                                          @parabolic

Im having issues where NONE of my DOF is working – LED, Solenoids, ETC. I dont see anywhere in the script to turn it on (an option), or the code to replace like the VP9 days.
                                          Any help would be appreciated.

rothbauerw
                                            @rothbauerw
                                            ModeratorContributorMembervip

Im having issues where NONE of my DOF is working – LED, Solenoids, ETC. I dont see anywhere in the script to turn it on (an option), or the code to replace like the VP9 days. Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you have the right rom selected in the DOFConfig tool.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 83 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?