Broken driving dreams :(

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores
      MemberModerator

After a full year of driver training and well over 100 hours behind the wheel (min requirement here) my youngest son’s driving test is this Thursday.

He is so excited, as he is about to start his senior year at school and Dad would no longer be required to drive him to school.

Ummm… make that “was” so excited.

Yesterday he broke his angle.  Just days out from his test…. just days from Dad being “set free” and not being tied to twice daily school runs.  Now for the next 6 weeks at least, he will be hobbling on crutches and wearing what looks like one of Gene Simon’s right boots. :(

I joke about me not being set free, but I am absolutely shattered for him. But he is philosophical about it, as nobody made him get on that bloody skateboard. It’s a choice he made and he knows that he simply has to live with the consequences.  To be honest, I’m extremely proud of how he is handling this. He has stepped up and (besides getting on the skateboard thing) he has shown me just how mature he really is.

Al
      Participant
        @alandee

I feel for you .. both ! Despite having driven since the age of about 10 on the farm, my youngest daughter finally got hers about a year ago ( she’s now 23 ! ) and not having to be a private Uber is a mixed blessing. I still cringe a bit inside each time she takes the keys.. but that may just be my early years of working in Emergency :)

Hope it mends well, it can be a nasty one to heal.

Cheers,

al.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        RustyCardores
          @rustycardores
          MemberModerator

X-rays, CT Scans and now an MRI … he certainly did a job on it.

Back to horsepiddle tomoz for the wrap up.  I’ll be very surprised if we are not referred to a surgeon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?