Buck Rogers (Gottlieb 1980)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    ICPjuggla
      @icpjuggla
      MembervipModerator

Nice, thx for this!

wrd1972
      Participant
        @wrd1972
        MembervipContributor

Wow what I nice table. Fun to play.

Is there something going on with the apron. It appears just a bit translucent on my cab? I can see the balls under it ever so slightly. Also how do I deactivate my PinDMD for the genre of table? Anyone know.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Drybonz
        Participant
          @drybonz

I think the apron was using a 0.999 opaque material.  I usually just make a separate material for the aprons.

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

HA!  that’s funny.  The things you don’t notice when you are only looking on little screens.  I’m finding that different people use the same name material for different things and some are opaque and some are not.  heck even one of my old tables of mine that I’m working on updating has all the materials different than what I’ve done lately.  Really annoying. :-)  I fixed that on my version along with a couple other little fixes and will upload in a couple days after I get back home to the big cab and have a chance to test it there.  A couple of the other little fixes are dof calls.

Sorry can’t help on the dmd issue.

Drybonz
            Participant
              @drybonz

I like to tinker with tables, and I find more of them have non-1 opacity materials assigned to playfields and aprons than not.

takut
              Participant
                @takut
                MemberContributor

Great table, thanks for sharing, looks great :good:

doogie
                Participant
                  @doogie

Is it just my setup or is the DOF for the bumpers and slingshots not working?

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

Is it just my setup or is the DOF for the bumpers and slingshots not working?

Thats one of the things I already fixed for the next update, sorry about that, need to test a few things out and should have an update in the next day or so.  Just bear in mind that only the left sling is actually a sling, so you won’t get a dof hit on the right one.

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

Just uploaded version 1.2 with the missing DOF calls, material fixes, and some other stuff in the changelog  :bye:

StevOz
                      Participant
                        @stevoz

Thanks BD, really great stuff, loving it, plays a treat and really like the laser blaster special effect, so early 80’s. :)

For perhaps a few pixels more for DT users without straying to far at all from the default setting…no other adjustments needed, here is my POV…

Really looking forward to a countdown, many moons ago an old mate of mine had one in his garage, that machine got thrashed often, after a few at the local, though somehow it never faulted even after much abuse, that was a built to last machine, the only thing that did break was the tilt. :)

Attachments:
                        Al
                        Participant
                          @alandee

Thanks @BorgDog the amount of joy your tables bring to our family is ridiculous! So much fun and I find your physics settings to be spot on too ! Thanks to everyone else also for an absolute winner.

Cheers

Al

Forgot to mention that I played the crap out of this table irl when it first came out but then it was one of my fave sci-fi tv shows and movie too. Nimynimynimy what’s up buck ?

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you for the update. I love you work. Agree with Al – physics is spot on.

Nemo
                            Participant
                              @nemo

I do find myself revisiting this table over and over, like the theme, like the gamplay, love the graphics !

Thanks for this gem  :good:

jbg4208
                              Participant
                                @jbg4208

Man this table feels great. Great work on this, Dan!! One question though. Are the drop targets and the kicker hole supposed to have sound when they are hit? I see in the script there is a call for DTdrop and holeckick but those sounds are not in the sounds manager list?

RustyCardores
                                  @rustycardores
                                  MemberModerator

Who else can’t resist adding 1/2 a century every time they read the name ?

…or am I the only one who watched too many cartoons as a kid? (and adult) lol

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

I hate it when I do that. :-(   Good catch Josh.  Attached are the 2 sound files, I’ll put an update up later with them in it.

Attachments:
                                    jbg4208
                                    Participant
                                      @jbg4208

Awesome thanks!

jbg4208
                                      Participant
                                        @jbg4208

And looks like the gate4 sound also. :)

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

…or am I the only one who watched too many cartoons as a kid? (and adult) lol

When I was a kid they showed a syndication of Buck Rogers on a local TV station.  My mom and I used to watch it together.  When they took it off the air, we typed up and sent a letter to the TV station asking them to put it back on.  lol… it was a different time.

BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

And looks like the gate4 sound also. :)

hmmm need to plan better when I strip and steal script from multiple tables to make one   :wacko: … pretty sure that’s the one from the default table, added to my copy.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?