Bugs and Snag List

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Iain.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Iain
    Participant
      @iain1986

Hi,

Sorry if this is a bit forward, but I couldn’t see a thread where we can post general bugs/snag list ‘things’. Stuff that doesn’t warrant a response or a whole thread basically.

So thought I’d just start something and post in the things I’ve found so far with my (brief) use of the software.

The majority of this stuff is purely “snags” that at most are P3/P4 style issues (yes, I’m a software engineer by trade :P ).

Feel free to close this though if you’re wanting a different approach to this sort of thing!

I’ll kick it off with a few…

Iain
      Participant
        @iain1986

Snag – Scroll bars don’t refresh the table view

Where – PinupMenuSetup

Setup – Win7 64bit

Version – 1.3.0

Steps to reproduce –

* Go to a table view (Game Manager, All Games tab is a good one)
        * Manually scrolling the table by clicking on the scroll bar and dragging
        * Notice that the table view doesn’t refresh as you drag the scroll bar
        * Releasing the input on the scrollbar then refreshes the table view

Issue – This makes it hard to judge how far to scroll as it doesn’t refresh.

Iain
        Participant
          @iain1986

Snag – Pressing tab on input boxes doesn’t cycle to the next input as you would expect

Where – PinupMenuSetup

Setup – Win7 64bit

Version – 1.3.0

Steps to reproduce –

* Go to Game Manager
          * Go to All Games tab
          * Select any game
          * Click on Screen Name input
          * PRess Tab
          * Notice that the next input to gain focus is Game FileName (3rd field), not Game Emulator (2nd field)
          * Press Tab
          * Notice that the next input to gain focus is the Date (5th field), not Media Search (2rd field).
          * Pressing Tab cycles round in an unexpected order (possibly order the inputs were added).

Iain
          Participant
            @iain1986

Snag – Discrepancy between use of GameDisplay and GameName in multiple views

Where – PinupMenuSetup

Setup – Win7 64bit

Version – 1.3.0

Steps to reproduce –

* Go to Game Manager
            * Notice table uses GameDisplay as the “main” column
            * Go to PlayListSetup
            * Notice the games list on the right uses GameName as the “main” column
            * Noitce the PlayList tabe uses ‘GameDisplay’ as the main column
            * Go to MediaManager
            * The column this time is just called ‘Name’, which isn’t clear but is actually ‘GameName’

The inconsistency can be a bit confusing, I think the game list in the PlayListSetup should ideally use GameDisplay, not GameName
            I also think Game Manager should really be GameDisplay too.

Iain
            Participant
              @iain1986

Snag – Test ActiveSQL doesn’t display a helpful error when Active SQL Query is disabled

Where – PinupMenuSetup

Setup – Win7 64Bit

Version – 1.3.0

Steps to reproduce –

* Go to PlayListSetup
              * Click Settings on a playlist
              * Enter in some SQL – Select * From Games;
              * Do *NOT* enable Active SQL Command
              * Go to ActiveList tab
              * Click Test ActiveSQL
              * Notice, nothing happens

This has caught me out a few times, it makes me think my SQL is failing but its because i’ve not enabled it. A simple alert telling me “Active SQL is not enabled for this playlist” would be helpful

Iain
              Participant
                @iain1986

Snag – Issue with setting Game Media that instantly is *not* found as set to GameName instead of GameDisplay

Where – PinupMenuSetup

Setup – Win7,64bit

Version – 1.3.0

Steps to reproduce –

This is a bit awkward and I freely admit I have no real idea on how you might address this (if its even an ‘issue’).

* Have a game added, with the filename something like ‘AFM.vpx’ (for example, Attack from Mars).
                * Have the Media Search set to “Attack From Mars*” – I had this because I was trying to ‘reuse’ media from PBX
                * Go to Media Manager for the ‘AFM.vpx’ game you’ve added.
                * Drag your “Attack From Mars” wheel image, called something like ‘Attack From Mars.png’ and drag to the Wheel Image.
                * Image gets “set” but fails to be found.

The issue is, the file gets renamed to the GameName which is AFM.vpx instead of the GameDisplay name which is maybe more likely to match media file names.
                The file gets named to “AFM.png” which failed the “Attack From Mars*” search string…

Of course, manually moving the files into the folder worked fine, this was just when I tried dragging a few files.

Iain
                Participant
                  @iain1986

Bug – Total loss of input in Pinup Popper

Where – Pinup Popper menu

Setup – Win7, 64bit, Input via keyboard input triggered by input board from buttons

Version – 1.3.0

Steps to reproduce –

* Load up Pinup Popper
                  * Select a playlist with lots of games
                  * Cycle to ‘Next’ once or twice
                  * Notice it works fine.
                  * Hold down the ‘Next’ button and watch the games cycles quickly
                  * Hold for 2 or 3 seconds
                  * Release button
                  * Notice all input has now been lost, no buttons appear to work
                  * Next, Previous, Start, Exit etc all do nothing

Not sure if this is just my setup or other are experiencing this too?

NailBuster
                    @nailbuster
                    ModeratorMember

Nice details…thanks

The problem i feel is that forums software wouldn’t be ideal for this type of tracking….

I’ll look to see if i can quickly setup a bug-tracking type software on my personal server (or if you know of an opensource/webbased one?)

maybe just a simple global google spreadsheet for tracking for now.

but i like the full details…nice!

Iain
                    Participant
                      @iain1986

@NailBuster

I think i’ve managed to reliably figure out what was causing the loss of input when holding down next/prev for long periods. I think its the Thumbnail generation.

Once i’ve scanned through all my tables I can hold next/prev all I want and it navigates fast and never locks up or lags and loses input.

If I then go to the menu settings and clear thumbnails so they regenerate, when I go back to PinupPopper as I navigate through the tables, each new table lags slightly (I assume as the thumbnail is generated). If I then hold down “next” after a few seconds it begins to “jump” multiple tables and then all input just goes completely.

Reloading and starting again everything is smooth again through the thumbnails it generates, until it gets to new tables and lags then loses input again.

Is there a possibility to have a “generate all thumbnails” button in the settings to regenerate from there?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?