This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick Delage 4 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
     Patrick Delage 
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for a good tuturial or thread which discuss about best pratice for cabinet glass angle, how to resizing table , which angle for monitoring.  Every author release different default…

All this for a regular user not for developement.  I have about 25 tables which i like to freeze for a good table view.  I used the 10.3 vpx version, 3 minitor setup.

Should i start thread.  Anyone interresting.

Pinaball, arcade and retro gaming

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

maybe a good place to add it…

Visual Pinball Knowledge Base

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

I agree with @randr that we probably should write-up a recommendation. But, there exists a thread here about it – with a loooong thread back to VPF about the subject. I would say, Hauntfreaks have an eye for what looks great in this area as well. A reason we crave his POV.xml once a table is released :)

FS BackDrop settings in VPX – continued ?

Hope this helps … until someone … ehrm – writes that article :)

I guess the conclusion is that do should do what you finds looks best, but, there is definitely some tip and tricks in there.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Thalamus.

Some users who have liked this topic:

Patrick Delage 
    Participant

The 1st thing i see when i looked arround was the knowledge base and all the articles.  I said to myself, wow thats it i will found something.  Unfortunately there is nothing about it.  Being that said its fantastics the knowledge base, writing document take time…lot of time.

If i get enough information after some month of trying  :yes: maybe i will start something…why not

I will start to look at haunted thread and see.  Or maybe start by trying myself and play with the vpx interface.

:good:

Sliderpoint 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

IMO its all about getting a balance of bumper skirt, post and back flipper… the newest trend I see is WAY too much back flipper…. to balance those its a going back and forth FOV and layback and as little inclination as possible 0 on single level no ramp tables, 6-10ish on the rest…. until it looks right…. and of course the 1:1 rule… I’ll do a video, at sometime since lots of people use my landscape POV settings

Patrick Delage 
    Participant

I look at camera light knowledge base.  A very good start.

I’m sure there is some best practice like hauntfreak talk.  Another big IMO thing is if you play sitting or not.  I also realize the import export fonction which help to keep simething similar.

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

heres a shitty video, showing how i go about setting a POV on an early SS… I refuse to speak in videos, I speak worse then i type ….lol

Patrick Delage 
    Participant

Thanks all.  I startes with these link and video.  I will pratice then come back with more specific questions or suggestions.  Maybe a last question about angle of

Tv / monitor and glass angle.  I think its a important metric to compare setup between people.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account