Cactus Canyon VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores
      MemberModerator

I have to ask. How complicated is it to make a second install? Just make a duplicate of the VP folder and use the 10.1 files there?

I’ll let you know if a simple duplication works for me, or whether the installer needs to be run again.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      ninuzzu
      Participant
        @ninuzzu
        vipMember

I think I found the issue with mine, not ejecting the ball: you need to edit the core.vbs in the scripts folder.

Go to line 642 and decrease the PinMAMEInterval (I setted it at 5 ms, previously was 10)

PinMAMEInterval = 5

Edit: you don’t need this anymore, the new core.vbs handles this

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

Good to see you are still around ninuzzu.  :-)

RustyCardores
            @rustycardores
            MemberModerator

I think I found the issue with mine, not ejecting the ball: you need to edit the core.vbs in the scripts folder. Go to line 642 and decrease the PinMAMEInterval (I setted it at 5 ms, previously was 10) PinMAMEInterval = 5

Thanks for this. I updated the core again this morning along with vpinmame. Edited the core as per your suggestion and everything is working fine.  :good:

ninuzzu
            Participant
              @ninuzzu
              vipMember

Update:

https://github.com/CarnyPriest/CCCforVP

The new CCC code will fix multiball (finally) and bandits targets.

Tested with both VP10.1 and VP10.2 rev2835.

You have to replace all the files in C:\P-ROC\games\cactuscanyon with the new ones.

Next delete game.pyc and edit the user_settings.yaml again to set the DMD position.

RustyCardores
                @rustycardores
                MemberModerator

Excellent update thanks.  One question… is last call on a timer or should it play until last ball is lost? It was over rather quickly for me then, even though I still had one ball in play.

ninuzzu
                Participant
                  @ninuzzu
                  vipMember

Last call ends when you are with only one ball in play.

Scooby
                  Participant
                    @scooby

Hey guys,

Really fun game and thanks for sharing.  I just saw this and am wondering how to update and which folders/files from the GitHub site to put where.  Sorry for the confusion and any help is appreciated!

Attachments:
                    ninuzzu
                    Participant
                      @ninuzzu
                      vipMember

I’m releasing an update that will do everything for you:

Use this if you already have P-ROC and it will download the files and update them:

-first run the dmd fix

-next run the updater

ninuzzu
                      Participant
                        @ninuzzu
                        vipMember

Released v1.2

– added modulated flashers (WPC rom controlled)
                        – edited some inserts
                        – added a droppable wall in the drain area to (hopefully) prevent bugs when more than one ball enters the trough at the same time
                        – changed bumpers animation
                        – Minehole kicker is now in “legacy” mode, to (hopefully) prevent the mine issue.
                        – added color grade LUT
                        – added ball shadow

The new version needs the latest VPM due to the modulated flashers; I also included core.vbs and controller.vbs in the archive.

This vbs are needed if you run the table with VP10.1, so if you are not in VP10.2 copy these vbs into Visual Pinball\Scripts folder

Remember to update your P-ROC installation so the multiball will finally work. Just grab the DMD&CCC_code.rar from the link in the post above.

I also uploaaded a new version of the P-ROC installer, so if you are new to this, the installer will do everything for you.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                        randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

just did this update and all seems to work great including the mine! thank you for the update!

********************************************************
                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                          for IOS and Android

RYSr (Rich)
                          Participant
                            @rysr

Ninuzzu,

If we did the update from https://github.com/CarnyPriest/CCCforVP are up to date with your Ver 1.2 new link above?

Rich

Released v1.2 – added modulated flashers (WPC rom controlled) – edited some inserts – added a droppable wall in the drain area to (hopefully) prevent bugs when more than one ball enters the trough at the same time – changed bumpers animation – Minehole kicker is now in “legacy” mode, to (hopefully) prevent the mine issue. – added color grade LUT – added ball shadow The new version needs the latest VPM due to the modulated flashers; I also included core.vbs and controller.vbs in the archive. This vbs are needed if you run the table with VP10.1, so if you are not in VP10.2 copy these vbs into Visual Pinball\Scripts folder Remember to update your P-ROC installation so the multiball will finally work. Just grab the DMD&CCC_code.rar from the link in the post above. I also uploaaded a new version of the P-ROC installer, so if you are new to this, the installer will do everything for you.

ninuzzu
                            Participant
                              @ninuzzu
                              vipMember

Well if you already updated the CCC code, just run the dmdfix.bat only.

Version 1.2 of the table reflects the new CCC code, but it doesn’t install any code update.

The code is updated when you run  the UpdateCCC_code.bat from DMDFix&CCC_code.rar.

About the DMDFix:

Carny just found this, it will fix the DMD issues with layers:
                              http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php?title=Recompiling_PyPinPROC_for_CCC_Color_Support

I made a video so you can see the difference. Look at the train animation.Before

After the fix

roar
                              Participant
                                @roar

I think I found the issue with mine, not ejecting the ball: you need to edit the core.vbs in the scripts folder. Go to line 642 and decrease the PinMAMEInterval (I setted it at 5 ms, previously was 10) PinMAMEInterval = 5

Line 642 doesn’t have that value for me, I’ve got two PinMAMEInterval… should I update either?

Private Function PinMAMEInterval
                                If VPBuildVersion >= 10200 Then
                                PinMAMEInterval = -1 ‘ VP10.2 introduced special frame-sync’ed timers
                                Else
                                If VPBuildVersion >= 10000 Then
                                PinMAMEInterval = 3 ‘ as old VP9 timers pretended to run at 1000Hz but actually did only a max of 100Hz (e.g. corresponding nowadays to interval=10), we do something inbetween for VP10+ by default
                                Else
                                PinMAMEInterval = 1
                                End If
                                End If
                                End Function

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

I just used core.vbs with 10.2 beta no issues

for IOS and Android

ninuzzu
                                  Participant
                                    @ninuzzu
                                    vipMember

You don’t need that hack anymore, the new core.vbs handles this.

Gustav Wingburen
                                    Participant
                                      @gstav

Superb table and the physics is really top notch.

i get slowdowns from 60 FPS down to under 40 after reaching High Noon. Strange.
                                      Don’t know if this is table specific bat rather strange. Also, when a bad guy drop target is up,
                                      my DOF solenoids keep firing like 3 times/sec, cant remeber it donig so before.

Thanks for this great table Ninuzzu + team  :yahoo:

grunger
                                      Participant
                                        @grunger

I’m pretty sure the answer here is no, but just incase…..
                                        Is it possible to stretch the display to fit the DMD monitor rather than being a strip in the middle?

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

You mean proc dmd or non proc version? You can size both to fit easily

for IOS and Android

Chaz
                                          Participant
                                            @tophat

At this point in time I’m just playing CC without the proc upgrades. Eventually I’ll get there, but for now I’m still learning the basics of VP.

Should I upgrade to CC vers 1.2 anyway? Or does vers 1.2 only make a difference if running proc?

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 334 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?