Cactus Canyon VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    CarnyPriest
    Participant
      @carnypriest

I’m putting out the rumor that the Chicago Gaming remake will make use of CCC. Thus finishing up what everyone knows is incomplete game code in the original production machines. The author hasn’t really responded to any Pinside posts about CCC in months. Of course, this is just my rank speculation. But feel free to spread it around.

Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

I’m putting out the rumor that the Chicago Gaming remake will make use of CCC. Thus finishing up what everyone knows is incomplete game code in the original production machines. The author hasn’t really responded to any Pinside posts about CCC in months. Of course, this is just my rank speculation. But feel free to spread it around.

That would make sense, the 2 remakes seem to be well thought out when it comes to upgrades.  Honestly i find CCC much more complete, and really well done and quite polished for a homebrew project

Scottacus
        Participant
          @scottacus
          MembervipContributor

Just downloaded the table and ran the PRoc installer, everything installed perfectly and the game runs great!  What a fun game and what a great job on programming the PRoc installer.

The only problem that I have is when PinballX loads the game, the backglass and DMD load first and the focus is on the DMD so I can’t coin up and start the game unless I pull the curser from screen 3 (DMD) to screen 1 (playfield) and click.  Is there a way to get the focus on VPX so that I don’t need a keyboard and mouse to start up via PinballX?  I should mention that if I just start the game via VPX (not via PinballX)  the focus is on the playfield and the game coins up without any intervention.

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

Just downloaded the table and ran the PRoc installer, everything installed perfectly and the game runs great! What a fun game and what a great job on programming the PRoc installer. The only problem that I have is when PinballX loads the game, the backglass and DMD load first and the focus is on the DMD so I can’t coin up and start the game unless I pull the curser from screen 3 (DMD) to screen 1 (playfield) and click. Is there a way to get the focus on VPX so that I don’t need a keyboard and mouse to start up via PinballX? I should mention that if I just start the game via VPX (not via PinballX) the focus is on the playfield and the game coins up without any intervention.

Try running VPX in exclusive fullscreen if you aren’t already.

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

That would make sense, the 2 remakes seem to be well thought out when it comes to upgrades. Honestly i find CCC much more complete, and really well done and quite polished for a homebrew project

I have seen stated by PPS however where CC if redone would be expanded upon/finished more.  what that means exactly, who knows.  This is one of the pins I would love to own the real one of and a remake is probably the only way that will happen, originals are out of my budget.  Of course him not responding could also mean he is working with CGC and has an NDA and can’t talk about it.. probably not, fun let’s spread the rumor anyway  :mail:

Scottacus
              Participant
                @scottacus
                MembervipContributor

Thanks for the reply TerryRed, I’m already running in that mode.  I also have MJR’s PinVol running with PinballX but all 300+ other tables don’t have this focus issue so I’m guessing that this has something to do with the PRoc software.  The DMD loads first and the tumbleweed blows across the DMD with the associated sound file playing before the table itself loads onto the main playfield screen.

Jon Osborne
                Participant
                  @jonosborne

For some reason the flippers stick up on this version for me. You have to press the flipper button again to get it to unstick and sometimes pressing the flipper button doesn’t engage the flipper at all. There are no other games that do this currently(although I had two other tables do this in the past and could never figure out why). Any thoughts on how to fix? Thanks!

Scottacus
                  Participant
                    @scottacus
                    MembervipContributor

I used Windows Spy to confirm that the problem is a matter of focus.  My solution was to make a new PinballX system called PRoc and set it to launch an autohotkey script that waits and sets the focus onto VisualPinballX.   Now PinballX can launch Cactus Canyon Continued and coin up without a mouse.

DJRobX
                      @djrobx
                      MemberModerator

Honestly i find CCC much more complete, and really well done and quite polished for a homebrew project

My tastes veer very far towards the purist side of things, but I have to agree, CCC sounds, looks, and feels very much like a professionally built ROM.     It’s so great, I don’t even have the regular version of CC on my PinballX wheel.

Scottacus
                      Participant
                        @scottacus
                        MembervipContributor

I love the drunken multiball, the reversed flippers are incredibly disorienting so this mini-game really lives up to its name.

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

Bah. I hate that mode. Need to play it like a noob pressing both flippers at the same time. Maybe I need to play it when I’m drunk and see if that changes ? :wacko:

ninuzzu
                          Participant
                            @ninuzzu
                            vipMember

Tip for drunk multiball: cross your arms ;)

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

Auuuh. Now my shoulders hurt. I wouldn’t say I have short arms, but, you kind of regret to have made a widebody for that mode. Especially if you start to play good with crossed arms B-)

Good tip though for those with long arms or standard sized pins :wacko:

Btw. Never had Moonlight Madness mode before. Something to look out for I guess guys :yes:   :whistle:

Scottacus
                              Participant
                                @scottacus
                                MembervipContributor

Crossed arms work great for standard body machines, I’m now the “Town Drunk” after a particularly good Drunken Multiball.  I’m not sure that is something I should be proud of  :wacko:

The Marshall Multiball with old school EM sounds is also pretty cute.  I wonder if we could get the chime units to fire in place of the sound file chimes?

Cowboys vs Aliens is also cool, I don’t get what I’m to shoot for in that mode.  Do you aim for the loop to the side of the saucer on the DMD or just the saloon?

DJRobX
                                  @djrobx
                                  MemberModerator

I never even thought to cross my arms, I just flip both simultaneously like a 4 year old.  :wacko:

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I flip both at same time as well in that mode :wacko:

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

robertms
                                    Participant
                                      @mophead

Cowboys vs Aliens is also cool, I don’t get what I’m to shoot for in that mode. Do you aim for the loop to the side of the saucer on the DMD or just the saloon?

Cowboys vs Aliens is the bomb, just follow the playfield lights, they will show you were to aim. The Tribute Super Skill Shot is awesome too. Anyone played Franks & Beans yet?

Scottacus
                                      Participant
                                        @scottacus
                                        MembervipContributor

I have, the machine just farts for about 30 seconds and there is an extra bonus for the various playfield devices.  Very much like Blazing Saddles.

Jesperpark
                                        Participant
                                          @jesperpark

I have, the machine just farts for about 30 seconds and there is an extra bonus for the various playfield devices. Very much like Blazing Saddles.

That sums it up well

There is a midnight madness mode, can’t remember what it is.  But I remember being shocked by it, then I told my buddy to go home cause it’s midnight B-)

smithy001
                                          Participant
                                            @smithy001

This looks and plays amazing. :good:

Thanks a lot for another great update, the feeling, the flow and the way it looks are just incredible.

W10 64, 750W, MSI Z370, i5-8600k @ 4,8 GHz liquid cooled, 16GB DDR4 3000, MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB, Samsung SSD, WD 1TB HDD,
                                            PF Samsung 37" HD 1920x1080, BG Acer 27" 1920x1200, LED-Wiz, GP-Wiz 40, 4 RGB buttons, VP 9.21, VP 10.6, VPM 2.9, DOF R2, +/- 250 tables.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 334 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?