This topic contains 297 replies, has 70 voices, and was last updated by  AndersArtig 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 298 total)
  • Author
     TerryRed 
    MemberContributorModerator

Tried complete uninstall with new installer. Then a new install. Table still gives the same “Can’t Load P-Roc”.

So if I try UNINSTALL, I get this:

Unregistered: Python.Interpreter
    Unregistered: Python.Dictionary
    Unregistered: Python
    Unregistered Pythonwin
    Removed directory C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\win32com\gen_py
    Removed PythonWin.lnk
    Removed Python for Windows Documentation.lnk
    Removed file C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\pythoncom27.dll
    Removed file C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\pywintypes27.dll
    Cannot uninstall requirement pypiwin32, not installed
    Uninstalling pywin32-221:
    Successfully uninstalled pywin32-221
    Uninstalling opencv-python-2.4.13.2:
    Successfully uninstalled opencv-python-2.4.13.2
    Uninstalling numpy-1.11.3+mkl:
    Successfully uninstalled numpy-1.11.3+mkl
    Uninstalling Pillow-4.1.1:
    Successfully uninstalled Pillow-4.1.1
    Uninstalling pygame-1.9.3:
    Successfully uninstalled pygame-1.9.3

I notice “Cannot uninstall requirement pypiwin32, not installed”. I get this event after a complete fresh new install.

Any ideas? I feel bad because I know ninuzzu has put a lot of work into getting this to install easily. Sadly…on multiple different PCs…OS installs, etc…. I’ve never been able to get P-ROC to work.

Note….both my cabinet and desktop are fresh pc installs that NEVER had p-roc before. Using the installer yesterday is the first time installing p-roc on these machines.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  TerryRed.
     Pinfan45 
    Participant

Wow Looks Soooo Nice!!! :yahoo: iam kinda confused about the different tables posted which one to download and Rom to use. What is CCC? Thanks appreciate the help

Jesperpark 
    Participant

Wow Looks Soooo Nice!!! :yahoo: iam kinda confused about the different tables posted which one to download and Rom to use. What is CCC? Thanks appreciate the help

Cactus Canyon is the original table, made by Bally.  Cactus Canyon Continued was made using P-roc, and adds some different rules and modes to the game.  It makes the game more fun and slightly more absurd.  I love it personally, some reading if you desire

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project

TerryRed 

I fixed my issue guys.

I did another full install with the new installer….but appraently the table MUST be located on your C drive somewhere. My VPX install is on my E drive, and that’s where the table was located. Copying it to my c drive, and the table works fine…   if I would have tried this on my cabinet first (which has everything on C), i would have not seen this issue pop up.

That being said…ninuzzu helped me out with that tidbit of info. Thanks! Finally I can play this beautiful GEM!

Is it possible to play CCC on a REAL Cactus Canyon table?

The Loafer 
    Participant

I fixed my issue guys. I did another full install with the new installer….but appraently the table MUST be located on your C drive somewhere. My VPX install is on my E drive, and that’s where the table was located. Copying it to my c drive, and the table works fine… if I would have tried this on my cabinet first (which has everything on C), i would have not seen this issue pop up. That being said…ninuzzu helped me out with that tidbit of info. Thanks! Finally I can play this beautiful GEM! Is it possible to play CCC on a REAL Cactus Canyon table?

I believe that’s the real intent for CCC to be played on a real CC.  We’re just getting sloppy seconds :)

Some users who have liked this topic:

Jesperpark 
    Participant

Yes that is why it was developed in the first place, wish I could find a CC in the wild and create a CCC.  Bet they guy who did the software and P-roc guys have their fingers crossed Cactus Canyon becomes the “next” remake by Chicago gaming

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

I’m putting out the rumor that the Chicago Gaming remake will make use of CCC. Thus finishing up what everyone knows is incomplete game code in the original production machines. The author hasn’t really responded to any Pinside posts about CCC in months. Of course, this is just my rank speculation. But feel free to spread it around.

Jesperpark 
    Participant

I’m putting out the rumor that the Chicago Gaming remake will make use of CCC. Thus finishing up what everyone knows is incomplete game code in the original production machines. The author hasn’t really responded to any Pinside posts about CCC in months. Of course, this is just my rank speculation. But feel free to spread it around.

That would make sense, the 2 remakes seem to be well thought out when it comes to upgrades.  Honestly i find CCC much more complete, and really well done and quite polished for a homebrew project

Scottacus 
    Participant

Just downloaded the table and ran the PRoc installer, everything installed perfectly and the game runs great!  What a fun game and what a great job on programming the PRoc installer.

The only problem that I have is when PinballX loads the game, the backglass and DMD load first and the focus is on the DMD so I can’t coin up and start the game unless I pull the curser from screen 3 (DMD) to screen 1 (playfield) and click.  Is there a way to get the focus on VPX so that I don’t need a keyboard and mouse to start up via PinballX?  I should mention that if I just start the game via VPX (not via PinballX)  the focus is on the playfield and the game coins up without any intervention.

TerryRed 

Just downloaded the table and ran the PRoc installer, everything installed perfectly and the game runs great! What a fun game and what a great job on programming the PRoc installer. The only problem that I have is when PinballX loads the game, the backglass and DMD load first and the focus is on the DMD so I can’t coin up and start the game unless I pull the curser from screen 3 (DMD) to screen 1 (playfield) and click. Is there a way to get the focus on VPX so that I don’t need a keyboard and mouse to start up via PinballX? I should mention that if I just start the game via VPX (not via PinballX) the focus is on the playfield and the game coins up without any intervention.

Try running VPX in exclusive fullscreen if you aren’t already.

BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

That would make sense, the 2 remakes seem to be well thought out when it comes to upgrades. Honestly i find CCC much more complete, and really well done and quite polished for a homebrew project

I have seen stated by PPS however where CC if redone would be expanded upon/finished more.  what that means exactly, who knows.  This is one of the pins I would love to own the real one of and a remake is probably the only way that will happen, originals are out of my budget.  Of course him not responding could also mean he is working with CGC and has an NDA and can’t talk about it.. probably not, fun let’s spread the rumor anyway  :mail:

Scottacus 
    Participant

Thanks for the reply TerryRed, I’m already running in that mode.  I also have MJR’s PinVol running with PinballX but all 300+ other tables don’t have this focus issue so I’m guessing that this has something to do with the PRoc software.  The DMD loads first and the tumbleweed blows across the DMD with the associated sound file playing before the table itself loads onto the main playfield screen.

Jon Osborne 
    Participant

For some reason the flippers stick up on this version for me. You have to press the flipper button again to get it to unstick and sometimes pressing the flipper button doesn’t engage the flipper at all. There are no other games that do this currently(although I had two other tables do this in the past and could never figure out why). Any thoughts on how to fix? Thanks!

Scottacus 
    Participant

I used Windows Spy to confirm that the problem is a matter of focus.  My solution was to make a new PinballX system called PRoc and set it to launch an autohotkey script that waits and sets the focus onto VisualPinballX.   Now PinballX can launch Cactus Canyon Continued and coin up without a mouse.

DJRobX 
    MemberModerator

Honestly i find CCC much more complete, and really well done and quite polished for a homebrew project

My tastes veer very far towards the purist side of things, but I have to agree, CCC sounds, looks, and feels very much like a professionally built ROM.     It’s so great, I don’t even have the regular version of CC on my PinballX wheel.

Scottacus 
    Participant

I love the drunken multiball, the reversed flippers are incredibly disorienting so this mini-game really lives up to its name.

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Bah. I hate that mode. Need to play it like a noob pressing both flippers at the same time. Maybe I need to play it when I’m drunk and see if that changes ? :wacko:

ninuzzu 
    Participant
    vipMember

Tip for drunk multiball: cross your arms ;)

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Auuuh. Now my shoulders hurt. I wouldn’t say I have short arms, but, you kind of regret to have made a widebody for that mode. Especially if you start to play good with crossed arms B-)

Good tip though for those with long arms or standard sized pins :wacko:

Btw. Never had Moonlight Madness mode before. Something to look out for I guess guys :yes:   :whistle:

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Thalamus.
     Scottacus 
    Participant

Crossed arms work great for standard body machines, I’m now the “Town Drunk” after a particularly good Drunken Multiball.  I’m not sure that is something I should be proud of  :wacko:

The Marshall Multiball with old school EM sounds is also pretty cute.  I wonder if we could get the chime units to fire in place of the sound file chimes?

Cowboys vs Aliens is also cool, I don’t get what I’m to shoot for in that mode.  Do you aim for the loop to the side of the saucer on the DMD or just the saloon?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Scottacus.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 298 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account