Cactus Canyon VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    rothbauerw
      @rothbauerw
      ModeratorContributorMembervip

Incredible table!!!  Absolutely one of the best!  Great work all involved.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

ckpin
      Participant
        @ckpin

While playing many enjoyable games, the ball got stuck twice in two different spots.  What’s amazing is that after about a minute, the table would cycle through it’s solenoids and then even with the ball still stuck simply offer up a new ball at the plunger and continue on with the game.   The attached picture shows one stuck ball and the green arrow shows where the other got stuck during a different game.  The second ball was located half under the teal colored panel.

Daryl
        Participant
          @allknowing2012

I dont know the game at all but it says “Lock is Lit” and you lock a ball but the Lock light never lights. It lights during attract mode. Could it have the wrong id in it? (or is there more than one Lock is Lit lamp?

ninuzzu
          Participant
            @ninuzzu
            vipMember

Never had these issues, I guess nudging won’t help

chokeee
            Participant
              @chokeee

<span style=”color: #4f4f4f; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; background-color: #fbfbfb;”>Great table. It looks and plays perfectly. The only thing that could be improved – the playfield lights (save polly, wild etc.). You can hardly see they are flashing, they looks like they lit all the time (talking about lights that should flashing ;)) Thanks again for your work on this table. Regards.</span>

Hanibal
              Participant
                @darklord

This table is very nice, except the physics and some missing textures on the bumper area….

1 user thanked author for this post.
                randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

I like that you can tell what drop target is up. was always tough to tell before this version

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                  Participant
                    @jesperpark

Is anyone else getting the 3rd ball bounce off the far side of the shooting lane and go back into where the ball comes out?  Happens always on ball #3 and about 80% of the games i play, I can’t finish the game as i lose ball #3.  Anything  on my cab specifically could be causing this, open to ideas?  Love the table but hard for me to play :wacko:

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Have not seen that happen. You could add a gat to that area and would stop it could be hidden give that a try and see

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Ben Logan2
                      Participant
                        @benlogan2

Great work Tom and Ninuzzu! I love the flashing drop targets. The models look amazing, as do the ramps. The pop bumper lighting is superb. One of the best looking tables on VPX. Thank you!

ninuzzu
                        Participant
                          @ninuzzu
                          vipMember

I like that you can tell what drop target is up. was always tough to tell before this version

The original designers had this idea…but they couldn’t realize it bacause the material used for “falshing” drop targets was too weak and fragile (the transparent one, I don’t rememeber the name), so the idea was rejected.

We have no problems in the virtual version, so this is also a homage to the original creators!

Nemo
                          Participant
                            @nemo

Dang ! Was playing the beta version a lot, that’s before the BIG rebuild, must say: wow ! It’s a beauty !

Best of all: it plays very nice, good overall ball control ( hah you need it with the villain droptargets)

Thanks all for such a nice table :good:

TNT2
                            Participant
                              @tnt2

For whatever reason I seem to get static on some of the audio on this table (all versions) and Medieval Madness. I have tried different ROMs to no effect. Any ideas?

ninuzzu
                              Participant
                                @ninuzzu
                                vipMember

Are you using latest vpinmame?

TNT2
                                Participant
                                  @tnt2

I had downloaded 2.7 but the “won’t play SAM tables” issue came up so I went back to 2.6.

I’ll try 2.7 from VPU.

STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria
                                    MemberContributor

And now with PROC … you Guys are amazing, thanks again ninuzzu and Tom

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Plus Ninuzzu made installer(auto) for Proc. Impressive! many people will be happy about that :good:

********************************************************
                                      for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Drybonz
                                      Participant
                                        @drybonz

I’m honestly not really sure what PROC is.

ninuzzu
                                        Participant
                                          @ninuzzu
                                          vipMember

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/index.php/products/p-roc

http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php?title=Main_Page

Search for Cactus Canyon Continued on youtube.

Anyway the new version supports Cactus Canyon Continued, so it’s like you have two games in one table.
                                          Enable the P-ROC option in the script and you will play at Cactus Canyon Continued, disabe it and you will play the Bally’s classic.
                                          There are two bugs in the P-ROC version that I hope to resolve soon:
                                          1) the mine is not working perfectly (P-ROC does not support cvpmMech class)
                                          2) the multiball is only two balls (due to the code of the game, not to the table, I think)

I released an installer for the P-ROC, tested and working on Windows 7: there is a tutorial written in three languages, but installation is very simple.
                                          People without an internet connection will not be able to download the necessary files to play the game, but there is no problem, you can download them first and pass them in the cab when the P-ROC installed (the 3 steps)

Special thanks to Eric Priebke, the creator of the “rom” Cactus Canyon Continued, a really great expansion to the (tedious?) classic game.

roar
                                          Participant
                                            @roar

An installer for the CC Continued version??? SWEET! I was dreading trying to figure that out. I got a chance to play this at the Ann Arbour show but I’ll be honest I didn’t know I was playing anything different as a lot of the machines there had colour DMD’s in them but when I hit the Drunk Multiball I knew I was experiencing something different. What a blast. I was literally giggling to myself while playing it, I assumed anyone around me likely thought I was drunk… at 11:00 in the morning :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 334 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?