Cactus Jack's VPX WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

agreed!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

senseless
      Participant
        @senseless

Is there any update on this WIP? Would love to see a cactus dancing in real life :).

Drybonz
        Participant
          @drybonz

Last I heard was Bodydump was quitting the scene after some NGG related drama.

Dark
            @dark
            vipMemberContributor

I think he did intend to release this table still, he only had a few things left to do on it.  It was my understanding he would no longer do table wips or releases after CJ,  I think he may feel obligated to release it after teasing everyone with it in the wip thread as well as getting me to put a lot of work into the table.  Honestly though if he wants to with hold the table for what ever reason I’m okay with it so long as I personally get a most recent wip! :P

I don’t want to speak too much on his behalf so perhaps he’ll take some time to chime in on it.

Also I kind of de-railed him with the JPark redraw so I maybe partially to blame for that as well. :P

3dcreation

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Really looking forward to the day we can try this build. great looking table

for IOS and Android

TNT2
              Participant
                @tnt2

Dang. My heart skipped a beat when I saw this thread reemerge.

Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

It’s a shame to lose Bodydump as a table designer, in general… he’s one of the best out there.

bodydump
                  Participant
                    @bodydump

Last I heard was Bodydump was quitting the scene after some NGG related drama.

True

I think he did intend to release this table still, he only had a few things left to do on it. It was my understanding he would no longer do table wips or releases after CJ, I think he may feel obligated to release it after teasing everyone with it in the wip thread as well as getting me to put a lot of work into the table.

True

Also I kind of de-railed him with the JPark redraw so I maybe partially to blame for that as well.  

True

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Lmao!!

Well!

for IOS and Android

TNT2
                      Participant
                        @tnt2

Hahahahahahaha…….that was good.

Jesperpark
                        Participant
                          @jesperpark

It’s a shame to lose Bodydump as a table designer, in general… he’s one of the best out there.

Also True

Dark
                            @dark
                            vipMemberContributor

Well I like to think there’s a silver lining here though guys, BD made great tables yes but the way I see it he’s really one of the biggest un-sung contributors to the community.  Many people over the years have updated the same tables over and over again as resources improve and as VP evolves, but one thing that doesn’t need re-doing is a Bodydump redraw.

He’s still doing redraws because he loves the work and there’s no drama involved, so I can take some measure of comfort in that.  :)

3dcreation

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

I just like that he does tables not in vp currently. I’m the same way i like the new builds like cactus jack! i can think a few others yet to see even vp9!

********************************************************
                              for IOS and Android

Unclewilly
                              Participant
                                @unclewilly

Tom is cutting the scene?

Or just becoming a lurker like me.

Wip threads just make me feel rushed.  I prefer to take my time on stuff.  Crap pinball magic took multipul years to get where it is and uts still not complete.

I’ll miss your great work tom.

ICPjuggla
                                  @icpjuggla
                                  MembervipModerator

I agree with UW. I’m also not a fan of wip threads anymore. I get fed up with all the comments about how something looks when it’s not even done yet. Some of the comments just piss me off and slow down the project. I’ve also made it a point to kind of just stay away from the forums and just be a shadow. I’ve been doing my best to keep most of my comments to my self lately.

Tom dose amazing work if this ever gets released its going to be amazing.. :-)

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

morning @icpjuggla

for IOS and Android

Drybonz
                                    Participant
                                      @drybonz

If wip threads are ruining someone’s fun in making a table, I agree… the obvious thing is just don’t do the wip and release the table when you are ready and have fun with it.  If you aren’t having fun, there’s really no point.

senseless
                                      Participant
                                        @senseless

Well said Drybonz, at the end of the day everyone involved is doing this out of love for the pinball hobby and fun should always come first!

Maybe the private WIP threads can help to overcome unwanted comments and irritation for table authors by selecting only a handful of people who can provide useful feedback on the build progress.

Yesterday I had two friends over who never played a virtual pinball machine before and we normally meet up to play real machines. They were amazed to see a virtual pincab in action with all the cool stuff and high quality table builds out there. We played over four hours of different tables and they left feeling very confident on there decision to buy a virtual pincab :yahoo: .

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

Some authors seem to really enjoy the wip threads and drumming up excitement with screenshots, etc… and I imagine aren’t bothered so much by comments… but I say just go with whatever is more fun for you.  Definitely don’t do wip threads if they are ruining the experience for you as the table designer.  A surprise table release, with no wip, is just as fun anyway.

TNT2
                                          Participant
                                            @tnt2

Good call Drybonz.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 115 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?