Can a playfield image be changed in the script

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

I am working on making a version of Capersville that would allow the player to use an option menu to change various settings like ball shadow, coin/free play, 3/5 ball etc.  Most of the Capersville playfield images that I see online are German versions of the game so I thought it would be fun to make a user selection option to see either an English or German playfield.  I’ve been messing around with decals and flashers of just the text and placing them over a playfield with just the graphics on it but neither are working well thus far.  I looked into the VP docs command reference and it seems to indicate that “*Image(string) – playfield image” is listed under variables.  I can insert {if keycode = 30 then table1.image = “capersville slide”} into the script to use the “a” key to select a different image and not get an error but it doesn’t change the image out, I only see some changes in areas where the original playfield had transparent areas.   Something is happening, just not the change I was looking for.  Any ideas??

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Borgdog made a clean/dirty of Pyramid. Sounds like what your after.

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pyramid-gottlieb-1978/

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Scottacus
        Participant
          @scottacus
          MembervipContributor

BorgDog you sly dog, use a primitive laid at a z of 0 and turn its visibility on or off.  Brilliant!

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Ingenuity is something he has proved he has a lot of more than once.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?