Capersville Auf Deutsch?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

Thanks to help from Bord and an idea stolen from Borgdog I hope to be able to release an updated version of Capersville that will be playable in both English and German.  One of the things that I was struck with when I made the original table was that there are more German playfields than English ones when you search for images of the table.  Bord made me a primitive of the playfield with cutouts for all of the holes and lights so that I can project a German Playfield over the English one and not bock anything under it other than the playfield graphics.  I also made dual English and German apron graphics.  All of these will be selectable in a new left flipper hold option menu.

All of the German tables that I saw had instructions in English.  Does anyone   know if German machines had German or English instruction cards?

I am also working on making snippets that can be either English or German for the B2S so that can change languages also.  More experimenting there to go…

I see that B2S has both Authentic and Fantasy modes for the backglasses that can be switched by right clicking the backglass.  Is there a way to force that in the script?

I should also mention that Bord made some awesome Blender light masks as well as metal guides for the table that actually show the playfield reflections on them.  What manner of sorcery makes this I cannot say!

Untitled-4

Untitled-5

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Bord has really got the texture swapping figured out for effects. Looking forward to the update :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

I very much appreciate the work you guys lay down. Capersville is already a very nice table, a table I didn’t expect to see any more updates to. But, you guys have done it again I guess. Happy to see that BorgDog’ idea got implemented once again. It is a very neat trick, and using it to change between languages is just smart.

Thank you very much Scott and Bord for doing this.

Mark70
          Participant
            @mark70

Very nice!

Scottacus
            Participant
              @scottacus
              MembervipContributor

I’ve been revisiting tables that I’ve released and I’m working on bringing them all up to my current working system.  Capersville is the first one that I’m working on so this includes:

-My brother’s new undercab sound system to work around VP’s wonky sound  positioning

-Standardized menus and graphics for a unified look

-Updated desktop look and layout using single reel images that are shifted as lighting effects so that the graphics are more than just text.  Frankly, when I built these tables, desktop mode was an afterthought because I was focused on cab based tables.   Since Capersville is bilingual, the desktop is now bilingual as well.

English

German

Untitled

Wooden Menu Disk

Untitled 2

Graphics now “light up” based upon shifting reel images in the script

-General clean up of unused images and code for a cleaner and smaller package.

-Fixing any DOF bugs and other minor issues.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Looking forward to this re-release, mostly maybe because of what you said earlier about how you where not happy with the physics you had on the previous release. I think there are more than a few of us that get blinded by the physics and values we’re used to playing with in VP and only when we’re back at the real deal do we notice that we’ve still not there on most of these tables. It is very far between when I get to play a EM these days. But, I was really surprised to how slow and bouncy the one I played was vs what I expected.

Scottacus
                Participant
                  @scottacus
                  MembervipContributor

You are right, old EM’s seem to vary quite a bit based upon table slope, rubber age and coil condition.  I’ve played some that have such a low table slope that it feels like you can launch the ball, get a beer and not miss much.

One common table design to many/most of these tables is to have the ball arc back and forth from the shooter lane on the top arc.  What this does is bleed off all of the speed from the plunge shot and this is what makes the ball float around before choosing a top lane.  EM tables often play pretty fast once ball gets past the upper lanes if the coils are strong and the rubbers are in good condition. I think that the best way to mimic this in VP is to increase the ball mass.

I still have to work with physics on Capersville, right now I’m just trying to get the graphics, sound and options caught up with 4MBC and Boomerang.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?