Capersville (Bally 1966)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

Capersville (Bally 1966)

Capersville (Bally 1966)

Capersville is a fun Bally table from 1966 that features Zipper Flippers, Multiple Modes of Play and a Three Ball Multiball, all pretty heavy duty for 1966!

Feel free to change the variable “FreePlay” to False for credit play.

This is the first table that I have ever authored and its release is because of the help given to me by many of the members of this forum.

Thanks goes to HauntFreaks for his amazing lighting and graphics fixes.  Also to BorgDog and Loserman76 for answering my scripting questions and to Xenonph for his many hours of testing as well as to Arngrim for looking over the DOF code.

Enjoy!

Total of 23 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Congratulations on a job well done. I’m heading over to the pin right away.
        I loved the way to described the build process as well. :good:

Thank you to you and the rest of the team as well.

Update: Played the table and damn it looks and plays very nice – thanks again to all.

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

Nice work, fun machine!

Scottacus
          Participant
            @scottacus
            MembervipContributor

Anybody playing the table with DOF on?  If so how are the effects?

Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

Nice work, Scottacus. Looks beautiful.

bord
                @bord
                MembervipContributorModerator

So excited to try this out today. Just got my DOF chimes working. Thanks for taking this one the extra mile(s) to bring it to VPX.

freelunch
                Participant
                  @freelunch

Wow I’ve never played with Zipper Flippers and didn’t know what they were, imagine my surprise when my flippers first zipped! Thanks for giving me a big smile today.

kds70
                  Participant
                    @kds70

Thx Scottacus for this nice looking / playing table. Love those EM´s :yahoo:

Tomorrow i´m able to try out DOF. Played some rounds and adjusted ballrolling / hitting volumes in script (for example from 2000 to 400).

Found some things:

1 – fx_ballrolling0 is ways louder than fx_ballrolling1-4. I adjusted it to hear all balls and not only the first ball (exported fx_ballrolling1 and reimported it as fx_ballrolling0 and this did the job). than adjusted volumes in script.

2 – the mushroom plastic caps didn´t look real as plastic / didn´t take shinings from ambient lightning. I adjusted them from plastic_yellow to plastic only (as testing; i´m a really noob in table editing).

3 – what about the bumper caps ? do they miss the “10 point when hit” cap ? found that the textures of the caps are exisiting in image manager; i´m thinking about to cut them out to be able to fit on top of the caps.

can´t wait to try this table in my cab tomorrow :yahoo:   :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

bord
                      @bord
                      MembervipContributorModerator

Anybody playing the table with DOF on? If so how are the effects?

chimes only:

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

What a great table. I wont have time to try it for a few days but watching Bords chime unit i may need to add mine to cab finally. Thanks for sharing the build here!

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Scottacus
                        Participant
                          @scottacus
                          MembervipContributor

Hey Bord, those chimes are VERY cool, thanks for posting the video!

KDS 70

1 – fx_ballrolling0 is ways louder than fx_ballrolling1-4. I adjusted it to hear all balls and not only the first ball (exported fx_ballrolling1 and reimported it as fx_ballrolling0 and this did the job). than adjusted volumes in script. 

-I didn’t notice that on my table but I’ll check it out on the cab tomorrow.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention

2 – the mushroom plastic caps didn´t look real as plastic / didn´t take shinings from ambient lightning. I adjusted them from plastic_yellow to plastic only (as testing; i´m a really noob in table editing).

-You’re going to have to ask HauntFreaks about that, he did the lighting on the table (which I think is excellent).  For what it’s worth, the yellow plastic  mushrooms reflects very well off of the table.  If there is a problem with the yellow mushrooms there should be the same problem with Red, White and Blue as well since they are all stock plastics…  BTW thanks to BorgDog for letting me use the mushroom primitives from Double Up which is another great EM table.

3 – what about the bumper caps ? do they miss the “10 point when hit” cap ? found that the textures of the caps are exisiting in image manager; i´m thinking about to cut them out to be able to fit on top of the caps.

The bumper caps definitely do not have any numbers showing so I put “caps” on the bumper caps to cover the point value numbers.  Check out a Capersville table online and you’ll see this is the case.

One interesting variation that you’ll also find is that some tables have the “SEARAY” letters showing on top of the plastics and other are plain white and I assume have the letters “SEARAY” on their bottoms.  I chose to show the letters so the play can see what they are attempting to complete in the “SeaRay Caper”

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

I didnt get to do the final lighting, I will send back to scott after i do all the final adjustments… and I can add the bumper caps

the top cap in this photo is blown out….

Scottacus
                            Participant
                              @scottacus
                              MembervipContributor

This is what I have seen in terms of bumper caps on most machines so I’m pretty confident  this is correct.   Since the machine is from 1966 I think there are a number of variations caused by repairs over the years.

The only one that I’m not certain about is the SeaRay lights but I like the approach that we used in terms of game play.

HauntFreaks
                                @hauntfreaks
                                vipContributorMember

I did a search for the promo flyer, it’s kinda hard to see but they do look blank… its weird… but i guess correct…

STAT
                                Participant
                                  @stefanaustria
                                  MemberContributor

Thanks again Guys, really a Gem … personaly i would prefer Cabs with “10 when lit” or whatever,
                                  for me always Looks like complete, and not without,
                                  maybe you can add both and choose with an Option in Script ( 1/0 or Image Name )

btw. should it be 1.0, why 2.7 ?

Scottacus
                                  Participant
                                    @scottacus
                                    MembervipContributor

Thanks Stat, HauntFreaks is going to tweek the graphics and I found an oddball bug that only occurs during multiball when a ball gets through the Deep 4 capture gate but hasn’t seated before a ball falls into one of the saucer holes.   I just found that one while playing last night and it is such an odd event that I’m not surprised I never saw it until now.

There will be an update for these and I can add script code to allow folks to remove the bumper cap covers to reveal the 10 point numbers for the folks who would like that option (there are actually 2 bumper cap covers, one with numbers on it and one white cap to cover just the numbers).

As far as v 2.7, that is because on my computer there are dozens of versions ranging from 1.0 to 2.6.9 so the final was 2.7…

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                    Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Bug report : In my desperation to save the ball I tilted – both flippers are stuck in the upright position. In this case trapping the ball so a restart is required.
                                      Btw. DOF works just fine :)

STAT
                                      Participant
                                        @stefanaustria
                                        MemberContributor

Thalamus (and scottacus), just delete “Tilt = false and” from Line 243, should fix it

Or is there a Tilt Fuction, what drop down the Flippers ? Think no …

Edit: Ah yes, or add after Line 997 ( … text=”TILT” …) this:

LeftFlipper.RotateToStart
                                        LeftFlipper1.RotateToStart
                                        RightFlipper.RotateToStart
                                        RightFlipper1.RotateToStart

Edit2: dont use this, see Posts below

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

I believe I’ve seen people doing “poweroff” with an array of sometimes flippers, bumpers etc.

I’m sure Scottacus figures it out before the update :)

STAT
                                          Participant
                                            @stefanaustria
                                            MemberContributor

PowerOff for all is possible, otherwise my Quick Fix works ( Edited, see next Post)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 117 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?