Capersville (Bally 1966)

Viewing 17 posts - 101 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    kds70
    Participant
      @kds70

@Scottacus: again – thanks for this nice table; it´s a “all time favourite” in my cabinet :rose:

Noticed some things :mail:

1) if ball is shot from the shooting lane after plunger launch the right contactor is activated (DOF 109 in script lines 1270 to 1272), but why ? personally i´ve deactivated those 3 line and commented them out.

2) i was missing the contactor activated when a new ball is kicked into the shooting lane; for this reason i´ve simply modified the script line 772 from

Playsound “kickerkick” to

Playsound SoundFXDOF(“kickerkick”,107,DOFPulse,DOFContactors)

now the right slingshot contactor is fired when a new ball is shot into shooting lane :yes:

3) some small issues now: your table is eating my money :cry:   if a one player game has started and some credits are remaining you are able to press the startbutton until credits reach 0 credits; credits are gone then. this shouldn´t be possible ?

4) much more smaller issue now: if you start the table and credits are 0 the start button (DOF) isn´t lit; ok for now. If you add a credit the start buttons gets lit and you are able to play / start the game. But now, the credits are 0 again; the startbutton keeps on / lit and – maybe – the script didn´t realize, that there are no more credits avaiable.

Ok … back on my cab playing your table ;-)

PS:

Found another issue: tilt the table when the zip flippers are activated – see what happens (or not) :scratch: :bye:

Greedings, Kai

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Scottacus
      Participant
        @scottacus
        MembervipContributor

Hey Kai how would you like a job as a beta tester?  You found a couple of interesting issues with Capersville that are now fixed in a new version 3.2.7.

1. This is actually an issue with the DOF config file.  I’ve submitted a new copy to Arngrim but don’t expect to see it uploaded soon because he is pretty busy these days.  The E109 code is correct in the script, it is designed to light up the rigth side addressable LED strip when the ball launches upwards but not if the ball falls back down in the launch lane.  That is the reason for the “mod” operator which checks for odd numbered launches.  Arngrim’s DOF config has E109 assigned to a contactor, just go into the online config tool and remove E109 and wait for the new update.
        2. Great idea, it is incorporated into the script
        3. That’s one that I never tried.  The way it was set up if you have coin play selected and fewer than 4 are playing, the table charges a credit every time you hit the start button.  It won’t subtract a credit if 4 are playing.  I changed the code so that if a ball has been launched then no more credits can be subtracted no matter how many are playing.
        4. This one should be fixed with #3 above.  As I see it this is lighting the “Ball Launch” button when a ball is ready to play.
        5. Great pickup, the zipper flippers now unzip with a tilt.
        2 users thanked author for this post.
        kds70
        Participant
          @kds70

@scottacus: thanks for the fast fixing. Beta tester for your tables ? Would be a pleasure; why not ? :yahoo:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Lighthouse
          Participant
            @lighthouse

I do not understand how I still did not have this jewel. A fantastic recreation, it’s a wonder to play it.
            Thank you very much Scottacus! A superior job, this is a master!  :yes:

vothar
            Participant
              @vothar

hello… i’m stuck with a nasty bug.

each time i play the table, i get an error at the end of the play (when i lost all balls)  in the SaveHS subroutine (the error is : Hanging script detected) .. the line that give the error is not always the same, but it’s always in the SaveHS routine.

i used the special subroutine to reset the high score, but even with score back to origin, i get again the error.

seem that something is corrupted in the array where the score are saved. how to reset all the array ? there is no rom for this table so no nvflash to erase, and i didn’t found anything in the registry. where is saved (files ? ) the scored with name ?  :unsure:

thanks

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

@vothar : https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

I haven’t checked. But, there is a high chance that he is saving the scores the “standard” way. For that you should use the tool mentioned almost in the end.

Jopp
                Participant
                  @joppnl

@Vothar,

a lot of HS for EM’s are stored in the ‘user’ directory found under \ Visual Pinball

I looked it up for Capersville but there isn’t a txt file for this table on my PC.

Then chances are big that it uses the file VPReg.stg , a lot of other HS for EM’s go in there, it also sits in this directory.

But, with normal text editor you cannot read it. So, may-be a delete of this file will help you (save it first as you will lose all of the HS of all tables which use this file) and if not then the procedure used in the table isn’t right but I can not test at the moment but can’t remember having problems with it either.

Or may-be the tool Thalamus spoke about will do something to this file to help you.

My favorite pinball machine?
                  Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Thalamus
                    @thalamus

The tool I’m talking about is made for editing VPReg.stg – yes.

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

Thanks for handling this on Thalamus!

This version uses the “standard” binary VP save registry entry so resetting that should fix the problem.  I have a new version which is nearing release that uses the text file that Jopp mentioned but I don’t think this older version uses that.  Right now I have three pins that I’m restoring so I don’t have time to finish Capersville right now…

vothar
                      Participant
                        @vothar

thanks for the utility… i removed the capersville table from the VPReg.stg then rerun the table and i still get error (hanging script) when the subroutine try to savevalue on initial (4,1) or initial (2,1) variables even if i didn’t beat any of the starting HS … with the utility, i checked all vars values in the .reg and all seem to be fine… thanks all for your help.. i will try to delete the .reg and will see if it change anything.. stay tuned :D

EDIT : still no chance with VPReg.stg deleted … now the error is on the ‘freeplay’ value still in the SaveHS routine… i use visual pinball 10.6 3751 … damn, i don’t know why as the table was ok the first times i play with it… the problem started after a crash of visual pinball while playing…

i removed the call to the SaveHS routine and the crash stopped… it will be ok for the moment. i will wait for a new version in the future…

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

@vothar : What you are explaining just doesn’t make any sense to me, but, you seem to have done already what I would try in order to fix it. Except, maybe, and this is a long shot.

Re-download the table.

Scottacus
                          Participant
                            @scottacus
                            MembervipContributor

Agree with Thalamus redownload the table and see if something was corrupted.

vothar
                            Participant
                              @vothar

yep.. i just downloaded again the table.. replaced the .b2s with the one in the archive and i always get the same error of ‘script hanging’ in the SaveHS routine… if i change it to a null routine (like Sub saveHS – Endsub  with nothing in between) , all is working even the routine to put your name on the sticker with your score (of course, the score is lost if you close the table…) .

seem that i got a gremlin in my pinball …and a big one.. :unsure:

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

@vothar : open that save file again. Find a table you don’t mind deleting the high score for. Then play it so you reach the point here you would be asked to save. I want to hear if this maybe is not so isolated as we think. Again, a long shot, never heard of such a problem before and I’m having hard time seeing what might cause such a thing.

vothar
                                Participant
                                  @vothar

i made the test with JPsalas Gargamel Park that use the same system for saving score. after deleting the table with all vars from the .stg, i played 2 games and all is correct.. no problem nor crash.

It’s really a capersville problem… the only differences that i can think of  between the 2 table is the number of variables to save the scores ( 2x more in capersville than on gargamel park) … i will try to mod the saveHS/LoadHS routine to use only 2 scores instead of 4 to see if it’s a problem of timeout…

dustancrouch
                                  Participant
                                    @dustancrouch

I’m not sure why but I’m only getting very faint bumper sounds. I went into Sound Manager and cranked them all the way up but it didn’t help. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

You saved, exited completely and tried again ?

Viewing 17 posts - 101 through 117 (of 117 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?