Capersville (Bally 1966) directb2s backglass

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

Capersville (Bally 1966) directb2s backglass

This is a backglass that goes with my b2s exe to directb2s update of Starman’s Capersville table.  Redrawn in photoshop from an image by Wildman

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Pookamoondo
      Participant
        @pookamoondo

Hi Scottacus,

I am trying to modify this in the Backglass editor and I was wondering how you got the Code zapper reel to work?  If I load it into B2S Backglass Editor V1.2 and then try and create the backglass I get an error…..

Regards

Pookamoondo

STAT
        Participant
          @stefanaustria
          MemberContributor

Good Question, i also havent found the “Signs” in Editor / no Images in Ressources …

And also wanted to do the Backglass Image a bit darkener (in Designer / Image / Brightness …),
          but cant create directb2s again.

Scottacus
          Participant
            @scottacus
            MembervipContributor

Hey Guys, redoing this backglass is on my list of things to do.  I’ll both darken the backglass and add black boxes around the scoring reels.

The CodeZapper reel is a custom reel that I had to make for this game as well as the four yellow SeaRay Caper reels.  I wonder if that is why you are having issues editing this file?  At any rate this is the first backglass that I ever made so I’m glad to get feedback on it and I’m even more glad that you guys are using it!

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

scott… I have all the b2s stuff, close to ready for a darker version I was doing for myself… once its done i will send to you…
              are those other reels coded in the table ???

temp

Attachments:
              2 users thanked author for this post.
              Scottacus
              Participant
                @scottacus
                MembervipContributor

I made custom reels for the CodeZapper and SeaRay capers so yes those are custom.  It look like the reels must not export with the backglass when it is published so I think the answer to your question is yes.

I added black boxes around the scoring reels and I can add those to your png file before uploading it.  I’ll send it to you first so you can confirm that everything looks right before uploading it.

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

Where are the 3 Signs for the Reel in the left-down Corner, i wonder – this cant coming from Table Script Code ?

Scottacus
                  Participant
                    @scottacus
                    MembervipContributor

You can make custom reels in B2S editor, I made one with the three symbols on it and it rotates from 0-2 instead of 0-9 like numbered reels.

STAT
                    Participant
                      @stefanaustria
                      MemberContributor

Yes i know, but i wondered, i havent seen this after Import, whatever, doesnt matter

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Thanks for the update!

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Andypc
                        Participant
                          @andypc

Looks amazing :yahoo:  , but credits not going down when I start a game?

STAT
                          Participant
                            @stefanaustria
                            MemberContributor

Top … really Top … see you at my Cab  :bye:

Pookamoondo
                            Participant
                              @pookamoondo

Thanks for the update B2S guys, nice job :)

I was trying to create my own with more authentic lighting but I got stuck trying to recreate the reel image.  I created my own 3 image reel and tried to import it but it only lets you import a 10 image reel.  I gave up in the end….

Scottacus
                              Participant
                                @scottacus
                                MembervipContributor

The credits won’t go down unless you set the variable FreePlay in the script to False

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

Thanks for the update B2S guys, nice job :) I was trying to create my own with more authentic lighting but I got stuck trying to recreate the reel image. I created my own 3 image reel and tried to import it but it only lets you import a 10 image reel. I gave up in the end….

well now i want to see what the more authentic lighting looks like….  ;)

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

The credits won’t go down unless you set the variable FreePlay in the script to False

I saw a small bug with the db2s. Or at least I believe it is a bug ? Add 4 players to the game or 5-6-7. The counter will continue down, of course the game can’t add any more than 4 players. Maybe this is normal and I haven’t noticed it before. Just mention it, if it is an error and some code re-use is planned.

Pookamoondo
                                    Participant
                                      @pookamoondo

When I say “More Authentic Lighting”, I mean its only lite with the built in lighting the B2S designer does, and not with images snippets that normally give a very bright image that just stops dead at the edges…  I like my backglass to look like its lite by bulbs with a fade off….  This image for the old Start Trek table shows what I mean….

Attachments:
                                      Pookamoondo
                                      Participant
                                        @pookamoondo

I like the new version of the Capersville B2S as it gives this smooth lighting :)

Scottacus
                                        Participant
                                          @scottacus
                                          MembervipContributor

Great pick up Thalamus! :good:  I since I always play freeplay on my machine I missed this bug.

If you change line number 194 of the script to this

If FreePlay = False and Credit > 0 and Players < MaxPlayers Then

That will fix the credit issue.

Thanks for picking this up because this will help my base table that has all of the mundane credit, players, can play, flippers , 3 bumpers, two slings… be correct so that other tables that I make with HauntFreaks like OXO will not have these basic bugs!

HauntFreaks
                                            @hauntfreaks
                                            vipContributorMember

When I say “More Authentic Lighting”, I mean its only lite with the built in lighting the B2S designer does, and not with images snippets that normally give a very bright image that just stops dead at the edges… I like my backglass to look like its lite by bulbs with a fade off…. This image for the old Start Trek table shows what I mean….

when I research a BG to be make into a B2S, I do my best to find 3 things,
                                            1) the BG image as high res as possible
                                            2) the BG reverse, this gives up the true mystery , of what is lit and what is not… what has a sharp edge and what uses ambient for other bulbs
                                            3) the BG light board,this gives bulb placement

as for snippets VS that horribly out of date B2S editors lighting
                                            I can control the snippet much more realistically in PS making sure a light is soft where it needs to be versus hard in other places
                                            the editor lights are blobs of light thrown on the topside of the BG some stretch into long ovals of light (I do still use the lights on some of the BG stuff, just not the main image)
                                            a good example is hook… which i’m sure when someone looks at it,.. its just a dark and light image but its more… it placing the soft lit parts of the of the BG as an overlay , not just snipped out pieces like clip art….   I know it appears these B2S files are just shit out, and in some ways you may be right… but these are shit out using specific techniques… stretching back 25+ of doing this for a living….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?