Comet (Williams 1985)

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    united kingdom
    Participant
      @rockhouse

excellent table many thanks

usefull info about solenoids change to 1 worked for me :good:

Schreibi34
      Participant
        @schreibi34

Better late then never!

I finally had time to install some tables after finishing my last project. Haven’t installed a table in 3 months! This one was the first i wanted to have a look at and boy, what a gem! Excellent eye for detail and realism! One of the best tables out there! I really like the scripted Day/Night slider. Works like a charme.

Thanks to all involved!

dno66
        Participant
          @dno66

Thanks to all for your work. This looks awesome. I really like 80’s Williams tables. Can’t  wait load it up and give a go.. :good:

Old Pinball Games Enjoyer
          Participant
            @vfrtyuoip

I cannot play this game. It comes up with script errors ans states it wants vp10. I downloaded this, but it overrides vp10.4 which I reinstalled. I also have vp 10.5 and VPinMAME 3.0 as well. I will attach the 4  error files below as attachments. I downloaded the game on this website, and I opened up the table with VP 10.4.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

I would guess your vbs scripts are out of date? Make sure 10.5 scripts are only in scripts folder not in tables folder. If your not using a backglass disable it in vp preferences. Is this the only table that throws such errors?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

nwsw
              Participant
                @nwsw

Thank you so much for this! I grew up with this and only this machine in my home and it has always been missing from every local arcade and console pinball emulator.

drickman156
                Participant
                  @drickman156

Stumbled across this table looking in Google Images and noticed one of the related images was the real table at a nearly identical angle. I was so impressed I wanted to share (see attached).  I am continuously blown away by the quality and level of detail (and love) put in to these tables. Amazing Job guys.

Lordzak
                  Participant
                    @lordzak

How do I leave this fullscreen table? :unsure:

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Import pov

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

fourbanks
                      Participant
                        @fourbanks

does anyone know if this pinball has sound as for some reason this table is coming up silent? all other tables no problem

thanks

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

It is probably related to the rom sound itself. Now that you’ve started with VP. You need to understand that pinmame, a essential component to VP is an emulator of the real machine. Meaning, you have to follow the quirks that exists to change the rom settings. Sometime that can be the volume output in itself. Once you change something, it is saved as the tablename in the nvram folder of you install. So, lets say you fix the volume, you can then share the nvram file. You can set the number of balls, share the nvram – etc.

How to do all this ? Many of the questions has been answered already by ta2686 over at vpforums.org. – go to menu -> tutorials and then find what subject you want to address. Rom sound or change default number of balls. Is is possible to change more ? Of course, but, you need the machine manual to be able to be 100% sure how to do it properly.

GETENT
                          Participant
                            @getent

I’m having an issue with the ramp switches. The entry switch behaves like it’s the exit switch and vice versa. Here’s the script for the switches

comet script

Sliderpoint
                            Participant
                              @sliderpoint
                              MemberContributor

I don’t know if they are backwards or not.  They are setup per the manual.  Although I see in Bord’s version he has them the other way as you are indicating.

Not sure which is correct.

-Mike
                              Comet Switches

GETENT
                              Participant
                                @getent

Correct behaviour should have the sound of the rollercoaster when entering, and the screaming when it reaches the end like this: https://youtu.be/q2OL9SUHYxo

Also, when the comet ramp is lit, it should only score the points and light extra ball and special when it reaches the end, not when touching the first switch

PinJay
                                Participant
                                  @pinjay

Thanks a lot for this table.  It’s always been one of my favorites and it’s great to be able to play it again. As others have said, the lighting is really impressive on this table.  I’m still working out why I have table sound effects like solenoids, but no music or sound effects from Comet itself (like the music, fireworks or “Hey, Turkey!”).  I also have no score display, though it did appear one time and then never reappeared.  I’m still new at VP, so I’ll keep playing around with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?