Cyclone (Williams 1988)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Fulltilt
    Participant
      @fulltilt

Usually I am pretty quiet and just say thank you but after loading this table up for the first time the first thing that came to my mind was “Holy S#$%!!!” lol, I think I said ..but I meant, anyway straight to the cab! With so many amazing VPx tables out I find myself saying that alot :D I got to play now, thank you very much.

arconovum
      Participant
        @nicholaschristopher
        MemberContributor

And for those in on the discussion about shadows: this time I made them on a separate layer, playfield is untouched. B-)

Don’t give-in never give-in , Don’t ever bend to the will of the people.. lolz!!! B-)

STAT
        Participant
          @stefanaustria
          MemberContributor

Thanks again, wonderful Table … ( love this, Comet and Hurricane )

Attachments:
          ed18555
          Participant
            @ed18555

Thanks, Cyclone looks great!

TNT2
            Participant
              @tnt2

Does this require the latest beta version? I noticed for me that the ball doesn’t appear to spin.

HauntFreaks
                @hauntfreaks
                vipContributorMember

Does this require the latest beta version? I noticed for me that the ball doesn’t appear to spin.

there is no ball scratches in the decal drop down… just take them from another table and select in the down down you will get the rolling effect… I dont even use a ball image anymore… just scratches

TNT2
                Participant
                  @tnt2

Thanks Haunt.

chance
                  Participant
                    @wasbychance

Hi, thank you for one of the tables i was able to play before arcades vanished.

All great looking so far.

Just wondering how i may get the 4- BoomerangInserts to appear?

HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

Hi, thank you for one of the tables i was able to play before arcades vanished. All great looking so far. Just wondering how i may get the 4- BoomerangInserts to appear?

there transparent…. but if you want the subway to light up hit dracs drop target , then hit the gobble hole that’s behind it…

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      bjschneider93
                      Participant
                        @bjschneider93

Great looking table. I was really excited about this one but it is the only table table I have with a stutter problem. Any ideas?  Even with the stutter it was too cool to quit playing??

HauntFreaks
                          @hauntfreaks
                          vipContributorMember

Great looking table. I was really excited about this one but it is the only table table I have with a stutter problem. Any ideas? Even with the stutter it was too cool to quit playing??

try these in table settings
                          temp6

Attachments:
                          Sliderpoint
                          Participant
                            @sliderpoint
                            MemberContributor

Despite being pretty small this table is pretty heavy on the non static primitives. I was trying something new.

-Mike

DJRobX
                              @djrobx
                              MemberModerator

Yeah it stutters badly for me too.   Not even reducing texture size saves it.   However, turning off playfield reflections fixes it right up.   This is the first table I’ve ever needed to do that for.    Maybe that’s where the non-static primitive thing takes a hit?   In this case it’s not a big deal, the playfield is so sparkly beautiful and white that I don’t think the reflections add that much.

Oh and since I’m posting – That visible ball trough is amazing.  :)

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I just tried this tonight and plays butter smooth for me. Looks great too! Sure seems to like the middle of flippers thank gawd for the center post

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Sliderpoint
                                Participant
                                  @sliderpoint
                                  MemberContributor

I was hoping to get some feedback on performance, seems there is some room for improvement.  However I knew it could be a bit of a problem with how I was using the primitives.  But they weren’t causing issues on my laptop and I keep stuff on my cab turned low because it’s not a great video card and it played good there too.

I’ll keep looking at feedback and work on a v 2.0

-Mike

xenonph
                                  Participant
                                    @xenonph
                                    MemberContributor

Plays great for me…no stutter. I have nothing turned off.

What a great table!!!

EDIT:

I am only playing the DT version with no dB2S backglass, so that may be why I have no stutter.

Maybe try switching backglasses and see if you still have stutter. Some backglasses can drain resources.

DJRobX
                                      @djrobx
                                      MemberModerator

Plays great for me…no stutter. I have nothing turned off. What a great table!!! EDIT: I am only playing the DT version with no dB2S backglass, so that may be why I have no stutter. Maybe try switching backglasses and see if you still have stutter. Some backglasses can drain resources.

Yep that was the first thing I tried, but the included B2S seems to work great without any additional drag.

Usually when I see performance problems on this system (GTX960) it’s because textures are too big.  But even max texture 3072 didn’t help.   I am using Brute Force 4xAA, no in-game AO and no post-processed AA.

Not a big deal, disabling playfield reflections makes it smooth as butter and the table still looks gorgeous.

vogliadicane
                                      Participant
                                        @vogliadicane

I also experiencedd stutter (GTX 970, 4k Display) and tried several things in settings without succes. also an old dB2S didn’t help, btw so I think the one included isn’t making problems. Nevertheless played it for more than an hour with stutters, because it is really so awsome :yes: ! Took me some 5 minutes to adapt back to stutter free reality :)

Hope I can solve it with DJRobX’s suggeestion.

bjschneider93
                                        Participant
                                          @bjschneider93

Turning off reflections fixed it for me. Love this game

bord
                                            @bord
                                            MembervipContributorModerator

Since you’re keeping track: no performance issues with full settings on an i7 and old GTX670.

I have to second DJRobX on the visible ball trough – just great!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 155 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?