Cyclone (Williams 1988)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

“Anonymous” LOL

Thanks for the Update

Sliderpoint
      Participant
        @sliderpoint
        MemberContributor

heh.

I also forgot to mention that for those that  don’t disabled reflections, this should have a bit of a performance boost.  And those that had to disable them, give it a shot and see if you still need to. (sshhhh… I disabled all the ones that couldn’t be seen, there were lots)

-Mike

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

Thanks Mike!

Olliebommel
          Participant
            @pintris

looks great, but this table does not start fullscreen rotated <270> on my cabinet. It starts in desktop mode i think, I do not have this issue with other tables until now. I did import the xml and it started correct once, but after a restart it starts in desktop mode again. What am I doing wrong?

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

looks great, but this table does not start fullscreen rotated <270> on my cabinet. It starts in desktop mode i think, I do not have this issue with other tables until now. I did import the xml and it started correct once, but after a restart it starts in desktop mode again. What am I doing wrong?

You have to do a file, save after importing so it saves those values.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              vogliadicane
              Participant
                @vogliadicane

just for information: the objects reflection cleaned up version runs a bit smoother, but I still have to disable reflections completely (GTX 970, 4k display)

Just out of curiosity, what’s the reason that you deliver the FS POV in a seperate file instead of including it in the table itself?

And wonderful table, btw :good:   even without reflections

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

The FS POV is built into the table, for his cab and mine and anyone else running their cabinet with the playfield in portrait mode in windows.  The included POV is for those running the playfield in landscape orientation.  All the tables I put out are this way as well.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

The portrait people are trying to take over the world!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

arconovum
                    Participant
                      @nicholaschristopher
                      MemberContributor

@sliderpoint : So I have been obviously converting this table to FSS, and in doing so I have come to truly appreciate the method you have chosen in your lighting technique. Regardless of whether or not you stumbled upon it, or intended for it is of no consequence, It is very interesting indeed, and you should pursue it further in future works . :good:

Sliderpoint
                      Participant
                        @sliderpoint
                        MemberContributor

@sliderpoint : So I have been obviously converting this table to FSS, and in doing so I have come to truly appreciate the method you have chosen in your lighting technique. Regardless of whether or not you stumbled upon it, or intended for it is of no consequence, It is very interesting indeed, and you should pursue it further in future works . :good:

All the lighting is very intentional.  If you look back at all my various tables they all have different methods here and there that I try until I find something that I like that is pretty simple to use. This one with the inserts was kind of a stretch for performance, but I wanted to see how it would work out. Will be cool to see your FSS version!

Ben Logan2
                        Participant
                          @benlogan2

On the topic of lighting, I really like the way the flashers look: Intensely bright center, almost white where the flash bulb would be, then fading out into color from there.

arconovum
                          Participant
                            @nicholaschristopher
                            MemberContributor

“The Cyclone”

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            bord
                              @bord
                              MembervipContributorModerator

“The Cyclone”

No kidding, that is the sickest one I’ve seen from you yet.

arconovum
                              Participant
                                @nicholaschristopher
                                MemberContributor

“The Cyclone”

No kidding, that is the sickest one I’ve seen from you yet.

It’s a fun backglass, especially with Extra ball, special, etc.. I will be making a video because the fireworks and stars are all pulsating.. and you can’t see that in a pic.

arconovum
                                Participant
                                  @nicholaschristopher
                                  MemberContributor

Here is my youtube video of sliderpoints Cyclone…

TNT2
                                  Participant
                                    @tnt2

I know I am about the 20th person to say this, but this table is amazing.

Jopp
                                    Participant
                                      @joppnl

I know I am about (at least) the 21th person to say this, but this table is amazing.   :scratch:

Thanks a lot! An other one to discover.

Just a little story:

Long long time ago…(grand-pa tells here…) I joined a small tournament and ended up to the latest 4 (don’t know why…but it happened).

This was the time that for prices you could win a real pinball machine and in this tournament you could even win 2 for the first 2 winners.

Final game between the four of us was on a Cyclone.

So….my pinball skills : .I ended up with going home with a set of posters….   :cry:

Should have had this VP table those days before this tournament  :good:

My favorite pinball machine?
                                      Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

UpJumpTheBoogie
                                      Participant
                                        @jonathanfischer

This IS my favorite table. I am back in High School at Aladdin’s castle! :yahoo: Thank :yahoo:you for the memories!

UpJumpTheBoogie
                                        Participant
                                          @jonathanfischer

No stutter here once I changed FPS to 0.  The sound of the Ferris Wheel hum adds so much to the realism on this table!  But I can’t help but think that the sound is a bit too loud overall in the mix. The sound seems independent of all other sounds that can be controlled on the table. Is there any way to  turn it down just a bit?

smithy001
                                          Participant
                                            @smithy001

looks just awesome, wow!

i will give it a try later, thanks a lot

W10 64, 750W, MSI Z370, i5-8600k @ 4,8 GHz liquid cooled, 16GB DDR4 3000, MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB, Samsung SSD, WD 1TB HDD,
                                            PF Samsung 37" HD 1920x1080, BG Acer 27" 1920x1200, LED-Wiz, GP-Wiz 40, 4 RGB buttons, VP 9.21, VP 10.6, VPM 2.9, DOF R2, +/- 250 tables.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 155 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?