Darling (Williams 1973)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

Darling (Williams 1973)

So I started on this table like 2 years ago, got sidetracked by other things and somewhere along the line lost everything I had done on it, including a playfield redraw I had started on.  I found bits and pieces again, including a start on a db2s hauntfreaks had done touchup on the artwork for.  So I finished up the db2s and put the table together.  I always thought the 5 ball captive ball thing was pretty cool so was fun to get it going.  Hauntfreaks came through again with a redraw of the playfield and fixing all my lighting for me and sliderpoint provided feedback as usual. Gameplay is pretty basic so scripting was fairly straight forward although I did try a few new things out that I ended up incorporated into my base template.  I made some new primitives as well while slowly learning fusion 360.

Includes my version of the loserman and gnance option menu, hold down left flipper before starting a game for 3 or 5 ball, free play, and extra ball options.

Also includes the db2s and portrait and landscape POV files.

Total of 21 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Ah. So, that was the B/W table. Must be very frustrating loosing the work and having to start over. I’m very glad that you did. It looks great and I’m sure it plays that way as well. Thank you very much BD, HF and Sliderpoint. Will fire it up when I get back from work. :good:

kds70
        Participant
          @kds70

Thanks for this table and your work Borg :yahoo:   :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Thanks for this. very cool table.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Looks great. Can’t wait to play it. Thanks, @borgdog.

STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

Thanks BD and Haunt, nice Table and new for everyone, love the Captive Balls it’s a nice Table Design … :good:
                Here is a quick Wheel …

Attachments:
                Micronaut
                Participant
                  @micronaut

thank you,i did not know this table,it`s a nice surprise

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

just tried this in cab and it looks great! really like the captive balls on this :good:

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

This is really a odd playing table strategically. I find my self letting the machine mostly do the work and just make sure I’ll send the ball straight up depending on what side of the trapped balls I want to hit. If I’m running a competition here at home, I’m going to save it as a table to pick if I desperately need a win ;)

Scottacus
                      Participant
                        @scottacus
                        MembervipContributor

Awesome job on this table to all involved!!!  The table plays very well, the lighting is exceptional, graphics are crisp and the little details like the animated kicker arms really add to the game play.  I had to check out the script to see if BD put in some evil code to make the lower kickers always kick to the side you don’t want but no such luck.  I did notice that there is no randomizer for the kickers sure seem to behave in a random fashion.

I also really like the tape initials, sound effects upon letter scroll/entry and left flipper menu entry.  Do you mind if I add these to my EM tables?  I think that these should be the “industry standard” that gives the VPX EM tables a unified look like they all sit in the same arcade.

Any thought about adding a DMD image to the B2s file?

I love Thalamus’ comment it reminds me on one of my favorite lines from the definitive motion picture about the patient doctor relationship, “What About Bob”.

“I Sail!  I’m a sailor, my secret is just that I let the boat do all of the work.”

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Yeah its amazing how nice this looks and yes frustrating as it should be with the captive balls! this is really a good table :good:

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                          Participant
                            @borgdog
                            MemberContributorvip

the random on the kickers is from the scatter angle setting on the kicker object and having gameplay difficulty at 100.  my understanding is the difficulty basically controls how much the scatter settings on everything effect, difficulty of 50 would be 50% effect etc.  I’ve taken to setting difficulty to 100 all the time then playing with scatter angle on each object.  kickers are definitely the ones where you notice the biggest effect. I spent a lot of time on those kickers playing with the scatter angle so that it usually always hit the captive ball, but occasionally misses, but still did not do the same rebound every time.

hmmm, i don’t think I have sound effects on my initials, may be wrong on that, pretty sure jeff/loserman does on his though, but either way feel free to take what you want, I got them initially from mfuegemann’s fast draw table.

thanks for all the good words fellas, and I keep forgetting to add a dmd image as my cab is a 2 screen, I’ll try to remember if I update, and on the next one (hint, it’s the 4 player version of this one  :yes: )

Scottacus
                            Participant
                              @scottacus
                              MembervipContributor

I notice that the captured balls seem to be rotating at rest, is this a collision property between the balls?

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

Yeah, not much to do about the ball collision causing that unless you wanted to get all fancy with walls or something or do an old school cvpm captive ball or something, this is simpler and I think works better letting vpx handle the physics but others do things different. You see some of the same if you cradle a couple balls too.

united kingdom
                                Participant
                                  @rockhouse

on my cab it stays on landscape how do you rotate it

thanks for any replies

forget that senior moment and a bit to much falling over water :whistle:

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

open the table, do File, Import, Backdrop POV and select the DarlingLandscapePOV.pov that came in the download and hit Ok.  Then do a file save to save the table with those settings.  That should take care of it, if not try the DarlingPortraitPOV.pov instead.

blackvulcan3
                                    Participant
                                      @blackvulcan3

The new gold standard of EM tables. Awesome job to all involved.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

The new gold standard of EM tables. Awesome job to all involved.

No kidding! this one is purty :good: and challenging

for IOS and Android

Scotty VH
                                          @scottt
                                          ModeratorMember

Per my post in the GOTW…. I’ve been working on some plastics, but have some questions.  The attached graphic shows one of them… should I align the reworked plastics so that they are graphically perfect, or so that they match the existing files?  This image (should) demonstrate the impact of the answer (it shows the shift in the bottom right sling area using the dimensions from the bottom left sling area).

HauntFreaks
                                            @hauntfreaks
                                            vipContributorMember

the acrylic around the image can be reshaped to match the redraw….

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?