Do you feel Vpinball really needs to host roms?

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    ozg
    Participant
      @netweight

vpf got special permission for gottlieb roms!? i find that impossible to believe! IPDB don’t even have permission and they should be allowed to host Gottlieb if anyone. VPF also said they had rights to print Predator art and licensed machines….WELL we know that was not the case.

Fentz: “Yes.

For example, Stern hosts their ROMs right on their site. ROMs for other manufacturers have been made available online for years. They are aware of their presence and have no issue, since the companies are now defunct.

Gottlieb being the only exception to the latter. We are authorized to host them through NanoTech’s license.

Enjoy.”

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=2281

I just don’t type stuff for my health!

Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

When I first got into VP, I downloaded the entire rom set from a torrent site.  Dumped them all in my rom folder and have never had to think about it again unless it was something new like the Stern LE’s etc.  Maybe someone could zip them all up and start a torrent if it is a bandwidth issue.  Just a thought.

ozg
        Participant
          @netweight

Instead of roms you could host things like America’s Funniest Home Videos:

SEXY pinball chick shakin that A$$:

https://vidmoon.org/video/AYowgPKxAMVJgXDYgE

We see who the dog really loves:

https://vidmoon.org/video/AZKABOAUTGldFVRZgE

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria
            MemberContributor

Easy ROM Finding for “all” ROMS would be a Dream, esp. for the new Guys ( i already have the most needed )

But what is with the worst case: one of the “Rom Pages” goes offline / or have much Server Problems ( like … you know the Page ) ?

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Do a google search and you will find … no need.
              Besides – Carney keeps VPU updated. Go to search field and simply ask for ROM name with zip ending.

senseless
              Participant
                @senseless

I would only host very specific custom roms (colored/sound/altered), all the standard roms are already hosted elsewere and added value is limited imho and only costs maintenance/space etc.

Mark70
                Participant
                  @mark70

I like the idea for the possibility to download the needed ROM (hosted or linked) for a table which is offered here.

Ready to use color ROMs with additional pal files would be nice also

wrd1972
                  Participant
                    @wrd1972
                    MembervipContributor

I would like to see a “single” page that has Roms and ONLY ROMS listed in alphabetical order. And when I select one, I get a new window opened to open/save. No additional pages to open up with blah blah blah etc.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

I have no problem adding Pinball roms here no need for new stern roms though.

As for colored mods i think if someone modded a TAF or AFM i again wouldnt have problem with that either. Now these colored stern roms or williams bally using colordmd commercially available code i think we need to stay away from.

I would really love to see color roms for lets say gilligans or TOTAN something done by a members. but i think we can even get those at vpu?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

ozg
                      Participant
                        @netweight

I have no problem adding Pinball roms here no need for new stern roms though. As for colored mods i think if someone modded a TAF or AFM i again wouldnt have problem with that either. Now these colored stern roms or williams bally using colordmd commercially available code i think we need to stay away from. I would really love to see color roms for lets say gilligans or TOTAN something done by a members. but i think we can even get those at vpu?

Legal, legal, legal, always watch your backside, because I like this site.

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

standard roms:  I think there are enough sites hosting them, not worth it but the colorized stuff, that’s got me curious (well, I AM far behind on everything!).  I have a pindmd3 but it’s presently uninstalled, I guess I better get busy!

KiwiBri
                          Participant
                            @kiwibri

I would like to see a “single” page that has Roms and ONLY ROMS listed in alphabetical order. And when I select one, I get a new window opened to open/save. No additional pages to open up with blah blah blah etc.

Personally, I would love the same thing especially the colour  ROMs. I’m not sure why they cannot be hosted somewhere? is it because they are modified versions of the original?. Things are moving so fast I find it hard to keep up. I think one of the best things I did was use Randr’s “All in one ” installer when I setup my software. Even though I have only used VPX,  the point was it was easy to get something pretty much self contained. Right now, I get a table, then try and find the B2S , then look for the rom,  and hope it all works.

ozg
                            Participant
                              @netweight

standard roms: I think there are enough sites hosting them, not worth it but the colorized stuff, that’s got me curious (well, I AM far behind on everything!). I have a pindmd3 but it’s presently uninstalled, I guess I better get busy!

The colored ROMs turn your table into a whole new world, it’s like night and day (I just like the colored ROMs now, that’s turned into a problem, LOL). Back to Kiwi, it’s not the fact that ROMs have been modded, it’s because Stern still hosts the ROMs on their website and that the company is still in business.

HauntFreaks
                                @hauntfreaks
                                vipContributorMember

I think the point is that the color roms are so heavily modded ,there a new animal that can be ethically put back into the wild, with no remorse

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?