DOFLinx Future Pinball WIP tables: Let us know what tables you are working on!

This topic contains 74 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of Dr.Tom Dr.Tom 1 day, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Profile gravatar of randr randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

:good: lmao! Very good video.

1+

Some users who have liked this topic:

Profile gravatar of Dr.Tom Dr.Tom 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Great Tron Mod Terry, what is next?  FYI, I’m going to try to upload a revision of my Goonies table.  I added the back slings, the Lock 3 animation, and added ball saver to multiball and sloth/truffle modes.  I can’t stand it when I work so hard to earn a mode and then drain…it’s over.  This should make this difficult table a little more playable.

1+

Profile gravatar of TerryRed TerryRed 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

As for what’s next…. I was hoping to be able to do Tron Legacy (STERN), but SLAM got distracted, and he is now working on an update to Star Wars Death Star Assault. I was hoping to take a crack at that when its released.

Other tables that I want to do, but I will wait because they are also getting big updates…Nightmare on Elm Street, Transformers, LOTR, Back to the Future (SLAMT1LT original), Tron Legacy (Stern)

So for now…I’m working on Avatar (Ultimate Edition), and then maybe AC / DC (Ultimate).

In January, I will be leaving for a training course for my job. I’m a electronics communications tech for the Canadian Forces…. used to be Army…now I’m Air Force. This course will be 4 months long, and then I have to wait until my house sells before we move (I’ll most likely get posted elsewhere).

So in the new year, my time at home with the Pinball cabinet may be only on some of the weekends. Depending on how things work out…I may work on some tables during the week (the best I can without a cabinet to test with), and then come home and test on the cabinet.  I may or may not have internet access during those 4 months.

I’ll be sad being away from the cabinet for so long….. oh and my wife and kids too.  ;)

Participant
    MemberContributor

Lots of transition coming your way.  I have a lot of military friends, so I have an idea of what you are going through.  I have begun working on Sonic the Hedgehog.  Lots of Flashforms commands so hopefully will be a fairly quick mod.  It’s a fun little game.  The kind you can breeze in and out of.  Plus, the sounds remind me of my youthful days with the Sega Genesis.

Participant
    MemberContributor

Lots of transition coming your way. I have a lot of military friends, so I have an idea of what you are going through. I have begun working on Sonic the Hedgehog. Lots of Flashforms commands so hopefully will be a fairly quick mod. It’s a fun little game. The kind you can breeze in and out of. Plus, the sounds remind me of my youthful days with the Sega Genesis.

Yah, this will be my 2nd posting move (assuming I go elsewhere). At least this time, I’m only 2.5 hours away from home during training, so I can at least “try” to go home on the weekends. They wouldn’t exactly like it if I moved my simpit or my pinball cabinet into my room.  :)

You would have thought that Sega would have made a real Sonic pinball cabinet at some point…   but yes, I also had a Genesis, and Sonic was the first game I bought.

Participant
    MemberContributor

Avatar is coming along nicely… its turning out like an experience between Iron Man and Tron Legacy (SLAMT1LT).  Lot’s of modes, multiball, video clips, machine guns, explosions.  As usual, its things like changing RGB undercab, ramp, orbit and jackpot effects based on the mode your are in that takes a while, as I have to go through each mode in detail in the script….and this game, like Iron Man is very layered.

You have to test each mode in all situations…normal play…timeout…drain….tilt…, etc…. in order to make sure that the RGB undercab, beacon, etc are turning on/off or changing when they should. Keeping as much of the DOFLinx code in their own sub-routines helps in these situations. I’m also getting better with using one sub-routine for an effect (like an explosion) and then just changing the Timer and stage of the effect on the fly to be used for smaller or longer effects.  Things like the explosions and machine guns effects and videos can be random in length and usage on this table, so it would have been a pain to make a new sub-routine for every one of them.

It’s a lot of testing more than anything. I actually fell asleep on my cabinet’s control panel yesterday, lol!

In other news….SLAMT1LT has a new permanent Video section on his site called USERS, which will showcase any good videos of his tables on other peoples setup.  He has a bunch of my DOFLinx videos in there for now. Cool!

Other BIG NEWS. Something many people have waited YEARS for….  SLAMT1LT has FINALLY released Tron Legacy (STERN) (Ultimate Edition)!  People have been waiting YEARS for this table to come out. The original ROM table was finished by others years ago (the normal arcade FP version that was used as a reference for the conversion to VPX), but everyone wanted SLAM’s version that he displayed on his YouTube channel.   Well now here it is 4 years later…and it looks fantastic! Really looks sharp!

Depending on what he releases in the next week or so…. Tron Legacy (STERN) (Ultimate) may be the next table I will do….

Participant
    MemberContributor

Awesome news, I will have to check that one out.  As for me, I am in a lull.   Not sure what game I will attempt next.  I kinda have to get inspired.   Took a look at 3 Angels the other day.  Man is that script complicated and set up very differently than most games.  It looks daunting and not sure if I am ready for the long haul.  May be one that I tackle a little at a time.  We’ll see.

Participant
    MemberContributor

WOW!  Slam’s Stern Tron game is phenomenal.  It is without a doubt superior to the VP version (which is great).  I don’t want to go back to the VP version now that I’ve played his.  Physics are great.  Sound is great.  Clips are great.  Can’t wait for TerryRed to do his thing.   Please Canada, hold his training until he gets it done!

1+

Participant
    MemberContributor

WOW! Slam’s Stern Tron game is phenomenal. It is without a doubt superior to the VP version (which is great). I don’t want to go back to the VP version now that I’ve played his. Physics are great. Sound is great. Clips are great. Can’t wait for TerryRed to do his thing. Please Canada, hold his training until he gets it done!

Lol…well I should have time to do it before then. Avatar is very close to done.  Then it’s video…then table is uploaded.

Then on to Tron Legacy (Stern)….unless something major stops me.

Participant
    MemberContributor

Avatar is done, and uploaded….just waiting for approval.

Here’s a video to hold you over….

Participant
    MemberContributor

Tron Legacy (Stern) (Ultimate Edition)  DOFLinx mod is about to begin….

Participant
    MemberContributor

Metal Slug Mod is about 2/3 finished.  Need to do some touch ups with timing.  I don’t really remember downloading this game but found myself playing it for an hour the other night.  So, now it’s getting the DOFLINX upgrade.

Participant
    MemberContributor

Many years ago….long before I had a cabinet…..

This was when I first discovered Future Pinball…and Metal Slug was one of the few tables that stood out. It’s a classic.

Participant
    MemberContributor

And, Metal Slug is done.  Actually quite proud of this one.  If you look under the hood you’ll see I actually commented out a lot of my first draft commands.  Pinwizkid used a lot of subroutines that I paired commands to.  I think I may use that concept going forward.  And I stole Terry’s drain animation and used it for the launch.   Wanted an exploding effect.  Don’t expect any royalties!

Profile gravatar of randr randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

My kids like this FP table as they played the heck out of metal slug series on mame cab when they were little kids! They will be playing this on pincab over xmas when they visit!

2+

Participant
    MemberContributor

My kids like this FP table as they played the heck out of metal slug series on mame cab when they were little kids! They will be playing this on pincab over xmas when they visit!

You gotta figure out a way to get those normal RGB flashers on your cab again, so you can see all this flashy FP stuff! The only thing you can see for lights right now is RGB undercab, beacons, and buttons…correct?

I’ve been working away at Tron Legacy (Stern), and its turning out very nice indeed!

I will have to try out Metal Slug tonight before everyone is in bed!

Participant
    MemberContributor

Dead Hunters will be my next Mod.  Just got started.  In the background I will slowly be pounding away at 3 Angels.  Don’t know why I feel that is my Holy Grail.

1+

Participant
    MemberContributor

I’ll be jumping on Star Wars Death Star Assault when SLAM releases it. Tron Legacy (Stern) is almost done.

1+

Participant
    MemberContributor

Awe man, I was looking forward to doing the death star assault.   But, I am sure yours will be better than what I could do.  I added an animation to my Empire edition to the light Saber bonus at end of ball that is pretty awesome.  I’m not sure if it is on the uploaded version.  So I will add it soon so you can check it out and either add or modify it when you do the death star assault.

Participant
    MemberContributor

Awe man, I was looking forward to doing the death star assault. But, I am sure yours will be better than what I could do. I added an animation to my Empire edition to the light Saber bonus at end of ball that is pretty awesome. I’m not sure if it is on the uploaded version. So I will add it soon so you can check it out and either add or modify it when you do the death star assault.

:)  Sorry bud, but I already have Death Star Assault well underway…. a big reason is….

I just suffered an SSD failure in my cabinet, which resulted in me losing EVERYTHING in my cabinet that I setup and created in the last 3 months….. (luckily the previous stuff was backed up). However all my newer setup for VPX tables, and the newer media I made to fit the new dual bezel I made (after my screen died) is gone too….

Luckily, all my DOFLinx stuff was on my main PC (where I do most of the coding…its in the same room), so Tron Legacy (STERN) was safe…..phew!  This also meant setting up the cabinet from scratch. Since a new Windows 10 install takes a while, I couldn’t continue on Tron Legacy (Stern) until the cabinet is up and running.

So as a result, I was working on Star Wars Death Assault (Ultimate Edition) until the cabinet was up and running. (I held off on doing this table a while back because SLAM told me ahead of time that he was updating it)

Don’t worry Tom… SLAM plans on releasing an updated Empire Edition too, and I’ll be gone for months….   :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account