Dr. Dude (Bally 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    Sliderpoint
    Participant
      @sliderpoint
      MemberContributor

I got the ball stuck (twice) behind the pops.  I don’t know how though.

RustyCardores
        @rustycardores
        MemberModerator

I’ve added the PlaySound lines like this.  They are as per one of your earlier versions, I’ve just made the sound loop and added a little right balance.

Is the rest of the code still correct, as the MM seems to run a lot??

Sub SolMixer(enabled)
        if enabled then
        ttcentre.MotorOn = True
        ttTimer.Enabled = True
        Playsound SoundFX(“fx_motor”,DOFGear),-1,1,0.2
        else
        ttcentre.MotorOn = False
        ttTimer.Enabled = False
        StopSound “fx_motor”
        end if
        end sub

wrd1972
        Participant
          @wrd1972
          MembervipContributor

Here is the latest version. Added in Rusty’s MM motor sound above and fixed a bug with the white flipper option.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6mp0ezgwcs5y6p/Dr%20Dude%20%28Midway%201990%29%201.4_bb.vpx?dl=0

Rusty,

There is a bug with the MM rotation and I dont know why. Will need the help of the Big Guns to figure this one out. From time to time, the MM will remain turning the entire time the ball is in play. If you delete your “DD” NVRAM in the NVRAM folder of PinMAME, this will reset the machine. Then problem goes away until it pops up again in the future. If anyone knows the solution to this. Please let me know and I will add it in.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

wrd1972
          Participant
            @wrd1972
            MembervipContributor

Latest version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzs1uct1es4wxb2/Dr%20Dude%20%28Midway%201990%29%201.4_cc.vpx?dl=0

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

1 user thanked author for this post.
            wrd1972
            Participant
              @wrd1972
              MembervipContributor

Rev 1.4 has now been released.

Enjoy.

6 users thanked author for this post.
              rothbauerw
                @rothbauerw
                ModeratorContributorMembervip

Great work as always WRD! :good:

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Jopp
                Participant
                  @joppnl

Thank you for this table, it’s looking fantastic!

My favorite pinball machine?
                  Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

Thank you wrd for your Updates, great Tables from you :good:

TNT2
                    Participant
                      @tnt2

I can’t believe how far this table has come. Both in physics refinements and graphics.

Thanks dude!!!!!!!!

wrd1972
                      Participant
                        @wrd1972
                        MembervipContributor

Its got one more trick up it sleeve. My new high mass low friction physics are being add today. I already did bugs bunny and its significantly more accutate to the real thing . Rothbauers flipper code is in there too sp the flippers are dead on. Should release by this week along with bb.

Mark70
                        Participant
                          @mark70

Thank you wrd for your Updates, great Tables from you :good:

I second that!

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

lfhm physics?

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

wrd1972
                            Participant
                              @wrd1972
                              MembervipContributor

Rev 1.5 has now been released.

Okay guys…I am very excited about this latest DD rev. I have spent a $hit ton of time trying to come up with physics that are more realistic to improve the VP experience and what I am using in this table, is day/night different from the typical VP physics.

In short, I have greatly lowered PF friction and raised ball mass and I believe it has taken a nice step forward in trying to find more realistic physics. The changes allow the ball to move much more laterally and avoid being pulled straight down. The ball just moves more realistically.

But wait, it gets better. With the help of rothbauerw, we have created all new flipper physics too. With a code tweak and all new flipper settings, the flipper shots take a much more realistic trajectory than before. This also includes the backhand shots and flipper tricks.

Enjoy.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              wrd1972
                              Participant
                                @wrd1972
                                MembervipContributor

lfhm physics?

Low Friction High Mass physics for a more realistic playing experience. You will likely see them on all my tables moving forward. Give it a shot and tell me what you think.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Will try it right now. This is just 10.2? No 10.3 needed?

for IOS and Android

wrd1972
                                  Participant
                                    @wrd1972
                                    MembervipContributor

Yes it will work with 10.2

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Plays hard(like real pinball) I’m not a real serious pinball player so will play a few more games but looks great so far. Seems to love center drain but again that’s pinball! will report back but so far I like

for IOS and Android

wrd1972
                                      Participant
                                        @wrd1972
                                        MembervipContributor

Even the real DD is a center drain monster. I thought about adding hacks to reduce it but decided against it. Hence the reason I added a cheater drain post option.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

here is a backdrop for landscape users will be close to everyone’s liking I keep loosing mine with updates so I exported this from funhouse. not perfect but close

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                                          rothbauerw
                                            @rothbauerw
                                            ModeratorContributorMembervip

What can I say WRD!  I love these physics!  You can instantly feel the weight of the ball.  I never thought VP was ‘floaty’, but compared to what you’ve done here, it’s night and day.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 300 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?