El Dorado City of Gold VPX Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    jbg4208
    Participant
      @jbg4208

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/el-dorado-city-of-gold-vpx/

This was the last pin produced by Mylstar and production was continued by Premier. It is also the last game designed by Ed Krynski for Gottlieb/Mylstar. The models for the explorers on the backglass were two Gottlieb employees, Jeri Knighton and Jeff Lee (Gottlieb video game artist).

Gottlieb 1984 – Aztec Jungle Theme

This is a MOD of theGhost787 and 32assassins table. I’m not sure what it is about this table but it intrigued me when I first saw it. It is a slower table but it is challenging.

Script is by 32assassin, and table start by theGhost787. I did a partial redraw of the play field just to line everything up a bit better. Enhanced the colors a bit. Also moved around the table elements and lights to match the play field and to make it play and look more like the videos online. If we could get a good play field and plastics scan this table would really come to life. I used what resources were available online (and there are not many). I have never played the real table but have watched some youtube videos. So physics are adjusted to match them the best I could.

Enjoy, I know I have enjoyed working on it.

Big thanks to Thalamus and Outhere for getting the script corrected and adding DOF and SFF. This pushed me to update a few things. I added nfozzy’s table and flipper physics. Ninuzzu’s ball and flipper shadows are now incorporated as well. Finally, updated some smaller graphics and plastics that have been bugging me for a while. This table does not have a good table or plastics scan so things aren’t exactly right. We did the best with what we had. It still plays pretty good and it is a challenging table.

Still – If anyone has any high resolution resources for this table please let me know.

RYSr (Rich)
      Participant
        @rysr

Thanks for the updated table!

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Good pinball table!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

Thanks, Josh… it does look better.  I’d like to try to work some of the glare out of that apron if I get time.  Too many things going on.

jbg4208
            Participant
              @jbg4208

Thanks, Josh… it does look better.  I’d like to try to work some of the glare out of that apron if I get time.  Too many things going on.

You bet. Go for it. I didn’t work on that at all

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TNT2
              Participant
                @tnt2

I haven’t played the real table but I noticed the ball drops really slow. The slope shows as 4. I increased it to 6 but I don’t know if this is how the real table plays.

jbg4208
                Participant
                  @jbg4208

It’s a pretty slow table but I guess it could be a bit faster. I haven’t played the real table either but in the videos it’s slooow.

Check out these videos and give me your impressions.  Defiantly would take any suggestions.

Drybonz
                  Participant
                    @drybonz

I haven’t played the real table but I noticed the ball drops really slow. The slope shows as 4. I increased it to 6 but I don’t know if this is how the real table plays.

I set the slope to 5 and the bottom flipper strength to 1600… to me, that feels pretty right for a table of that age, but I’m sure everyone will like different settings.

senseless
                    Participant
                      @senseless

Thanks Josh for the mod, this one needed some additional love and attention. Will play around with the physics a bit to find a better feel ;).

Koolywiz
                      Participant
                        @koolywiz

Thanks for the table!  looks good.  Anyone have the background sound working?  I have all the regular chimes, and stuff, just not the background sound.  F6 i have it selected, even deleted the .cfg and nvram file.

Thanks

jbg4208
                        Participant
                          @jbg4208

Yeah, Rom sounds working on mine without any changes.  :unsure:

New update coming shortly.

1.1 – Changed slope from 4 to 4.5 anything higher seems a bit to fast compared to the videos. Upped flipper strength from 850 to 1100 for little better feel.  Adjusted wire guides in out lanes to a bit longer in size, and bumper strength up a bit. Also a cleaned up apron image from Drybonz!

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Not sure if it needs it but make sure you have samples and also vpinmame paths are looking in proper place for them in vpinmame setup.

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

Yeah, Rom sounds working on mine without any changes. :unsure: New update coming shortly. 1.1 – Changed slope from 4 to 4.5 anything higher seems a bit to fast compared to the videos. Upped flipper strength from 850 to 1100 for little better feel. Adjusted wire guides in out lanes to a bit longer in size, and bumper strength up a bit. Also a cleaned up apron image from Drybonz!

You might want to adjust lsling and rsling a bit, especially lsling overlaps leftslingshot so that it doesn’t always fire when it should.

Also your bumper caps and cap base are much too big, bumpercapbase should be right around 3″ diameter.  Also look at the light pattern on this image ghost put up on vpforums. Kind of fun to play with that on real tables by raising and lowering the bulb socket in the bumper to get more or less “finger” effect.

Here’s my vp version.. feel free to pull cap primitives and light from any of my recent tables if you wish.

Capture-1

Thanks for the table! looks good. Anyone have the background sound working? I have all the regular chimes, and stuff, just not the background sound. F6 i have it selected, even deleted the .cfg and nvram file. Thanks

Just did a quick game on my laptop at home before going to work and I’m not getting the background sounds there either, but my work computer does.  Didn’t have time to look at it to figure out why though, will check it out tonight.

Attachments:
                              randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Wasn’t there a setting in vpmame start table press f1 select primary sound device? No idea just something to check

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                jbg4208
                                Participant
                                  @jbg4208

Yeah, Rom sounds working on mine without any changes. :unsure: New update coming shortly. 1.1 – Changed slope from 4 to 4.5 anything higher seems a bit to fast compared to the videos. Upped flipper strength from 850 to 1100 for little better feel. Adjusted wire guides in out lanes to a bit longer in size, and bumper strength up a bit. Also a cleaned up apron image from Drybonz!

You might want to adjust lsling and rsling a bit, especially lsling overlaps leftslingshot so that it doesn’t always fire when it should. Also your bumper caps and cap base are much too big, bumpercapbase should be right around 3″ diameter. Also look at the light pattern on this image ghost put up on vpforums. Kind of fun to play with that on real tables by raising and lowering the bulb socket in the bumper to get more or less “finger” effect. Here’s my vp version.. feel free to pull cap primitives and light from any of my recent tables if you wish. Capture-1

Thanks for the feedback Dan, version 1.1 has the adjusted slings to the correct position. I didn’t think to check the size of the bumpers from Ghosts table I just went with what was there. I’ll update those. Also been tinkering with the lights in those bumpers for a while. I’ll take a look at one of your tables and see what I can find. I like the version you have. Looks more realistic.  :good:

Bob Albright
                                  Participant
                                    @bobalbright

no sound for me either

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

jbg4208
                                    Participant
                                      @jbg4208

For the life of me I cannot get that bumper to light up like that. Not sure if its the light settings or if I have the correct primitive cover. Can you send me the one you are using or what table is it on?

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

no sound for me either

I was able to get mine going at home by starting the table, then press F1 and select Reset, click OK, then close the restart the table.

For the life of me I cannot get that bumper to light up like that. Not sure if its the light settings or if I have the correct primitive cover. Can you send me the one you are using or what table is it on?

I believe I changed some of the heights on the objects to what I normally use as well.  The ones off my Golden Arrow table should work.  http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/golden-arrow-gottlieb-1977/ or the ones on Incredible Hulk, same ones. http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/incredible-hulk-the-gottlieb-1979/

Feel free to grab the 3″ flipper primitives and images off either of those as well should look better than the images on the default.  I also have the correct primitive one for the little flipper on my Joker Poker table over on vpforums as well (need to update that table sometime). http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11618

Like the 4.5 slope and 1100 flipper strength settings feels better.  Thanks!

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

This table reminds me of Target Alpha a bit.

Jodannar
                                          Participant
                                            @jodannar

El Dorado city of gold (this table) is a SS remake of El Dorado (EM). Which is very similar to target alpha (EM)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 78 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?