Error message with newer tables – game name not found

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    jevansoh
    Participant
      @jevansoh

Hi,

When I try newer tables such as Tron Legacy I get an error on line 52 (on that table – not always the same line on other tables) saying game name not found.  I get that on multiple tables.  I am running version 10.2, BTW.

I don’t know what to do about this in order to get the table to run.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is one of my first posts here and I’m excited to be aboard!

Thanks,

–J

Bob Albright
      Participant
        @bobalbright

If I remember correctly,Tron is a Stern game and will need the Sam dll

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

jevansoh
        Participant
          @jevansoh

I found sam.vbs and copied it into the scripts folder.  I was getting an error that said it wasn’t found until I did that.  Now I’m getting the error I mentioned in my post.  Is “sam.DLL” a different file than the sam.vbs I installed?

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Typically it’s rom named wrong or not running Sam pinmame version available from vpuniverse. Also remember to run install installing the Sam pinmame

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Daryl
            Participant
              @allknowing2012

You need the sam versoin of vpinmame .. it is available at vpuniverse AND quite likely here as well. You can tell if you have the right version of vpinmame.dll by running setup.exe & press install & then press the test button .. now look in the list of roms to see if the stern table you are trying to play is listed there. If not download the correct version, overwrite the .dll you have and repeat the above run/install/test.

jevansoh
              Participant
                @jevansoh

I found the .dll file at vpuniverse and copied/pasted/overwrote what was there, but I didn’t find any setup.exe file to use to test with.  However, even after copying the new .dll file, it still says game name not found.  What am I missing here?

Thanks so much for your support,

–J

jevansoh
                Participant
                  @jevansoh

Ok, I found the setup.exe file you were talking about in my vpinmame directory and clicked install/test.  Tron is not on the list.  It is version 1.42 of the setup.exe and it installed version 2.7 of vpinmame when I clicked install.  But after clicking test, I still didn’t see Tron on the list.  I copied/overwrote the dll file, though, but don’t know what else to do.  I still get game name not found which makes more sense now, since it isn’t in the list, but I don’t know which version to download or where to get it.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Then you don’t have vpinmame from vpuniverse.com if trim is not on list

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
                    Participant
                      @jevansoh

This is the link I downloaded from.  Is this wrong?  http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2480-vpinmame-sam-for-desktop-cab-pindmd1-pindmd2-pin2dmd/  I copied the dll to my vpinmame directory and the sam.vbs to my scripts directory just like it said.  This isn’t a new setup.exe or installation file of any kind, though.  It’s just the dll/sam.vbs files.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Files go in vpinmame directory not scripts folder

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

jevansoh
                        Participant
                          @jevansoh

Ok, I found version 2.8 and it has the Tron name in it, but now when I run it, it says it cannot find tm_174h.bin.  I’ve looked at the roms here and it isn’t listed.  I’ve done a Google search and can’t find it, there, either.  Is there a “set” of Stern roms that might contain this?  Where should I look?  I’m almost there.  It loads the table after that error message.  It’s just that the table doesn’t work and isn’t playable.  If I can find that file, I think I’ll be good to go.

Thanks so much for all your help!!! :)

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Sure. You can download rom from stern site(game code) or vpuniverse has the rom too. This site don’t have many roms upped as you can get them everywhere but will get them upped here slowly

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
                            Participant
                              @jevansoh

When I do a search for that file, though, I come up empty handed.  I hate to ask, but could you point me in the right direction.  I’ve searched the site and done a google search for that rom name and there are no results. :(

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I’m on mobile phone but just get latest “tron” rom from stern site under game code or vpuniverse has it I’m sure under tron in roms section. If you can’t get it I can provide link later

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
                                Participant
                                  @jevansoh

There are only two listed at game code and neither one are correct.  The file names are similar but not exact.  Same thing at vpuniverse.

I’ll keep looking but definitely appreciate your willingness to help when you get back to a PC.  Thanks!!

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

You will need to rename the zip and maybe the bin inside but zip for sure rename it to what pinmame is looking for

for IOS and Android

jevansoh
                                    Participant
                                      @jevansoh

Ok, I figured it out.  I just had to rename the similar one to the name it was looking for and that worked.  Thanks for your help.  Much appreciated!

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Yay! :) have fun it is a great table build

for IOS and Android

Paolo74
                                        Participant
                                          @paolo74

:bye: hello randr, I have similar problem, but can’t resolve….I take a look at other tables script and apart for      const cGameName=”xxxxxxxx”     i don’t  notice differences……. the problem are stern marvel machine….” can’t start gamexxxxxx undefined variable” … everyone’s help is welcome, thanks

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Did you check basic stuff? Jit In registry? Ddraw In registry? Also rom naming? Vpuniverse has the roms for ya already named properly ??

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?