exciting rumors? WIP's?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    freelunch
    Participant
      @freelunch

I dunno if anyone was serious about a dislike button, but I have opinions to share and threads to derail.

Personally I find a button for dislike/downvote to not be particularly useful communication. It’s often easy for the OP to understand/assume why they got a like/upvote, but I feel dislikes/downvotes will just leave the OP wondering why they got it. I think opposition to an idea often needs explanation or clarification, and skipping that step for the sake of convenience isn’t constructive. On the other hand, a like/upvote is some form of agreement, appreciation, etc. that doesn’t need explanation or clarification because both parties are on the same wavelength or whatever.

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

I dunno if anyone was serious about a dislike button, but I have opinions to share and threads to derail. Personally I find a button for dislike/downvote to not be particularly useful communication. It’s often easy for the OP to understand/assume why they got a like/upvote, but I feel dislikes/downvotes will just leave the OP wondering why they got it. I think opposition to an idea often needs explanation or clarification, and skipping that step for the sake of convenience isn’t constructive. On the other hand, a like/upvote is some form of agreement, appreciation, etc. that doesn’t need explanation or clarification because both parties are on the same wavelength or whatever.

I just call people out on it… I enjoy a good debate…  B-)

The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

I think in this case it’s just meant as a simple joke (as was the other downvote reference recently).  Let’s not take forum reading too seriously, however I think though to alleviate any worries, I’d vote for something humorous.  I certainly wouldn’t want a reddit downvote system where people miss on posts because some negative-nannys didn’t eat their Wheaties.

Mind you there’s no voting here, we all know the site admin rules with an iron fist so we’ll just have to pray we get him to tackle this while in a “good mood”  ;)

freelunch
          Participant
            @freelunch

I dunno if anyone was serious about a dislike button, but I have opinions to share and threads to derail. Personally I find a button for dislike/downvote to not be particularly useful communication. It’s often easy for the OP to understand/assume why they got a like/upvote, but I feel dislikes/downvotes will just leave the OP wondering why they got it. I think opposition to an idea often needs explanation or clarification, and skipping that step for the sake of convenience isn’t constructive. On the other hand, a like/upvote is some form of agreement, appreciation, etc. that doesn’t need explanation or clarification because both parties are on the same wavelength or whatever.

I just call people out on it… I enjoy a good debate… B-)

I noticed when The Great Template Debate happened on vpforums haha. I’m surprised that one snowballed like it did because it functionally and conveniently exists already. Open a “template” table, Save As…

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

I just call people out on it… I enjoy a good debate… B-)

I noticed when The Great Template Debate happened on vpforums haha. I’m surprised that one snowballed like it did because it functionally and conveniently exists already. Open a “template” table, Save As…

I know the reason why it took a turn for the worst so fast… but modern society stifles me from posting it openly…  ;)

bord
                @bord
                MembervipContributorModerator

EBD-new-plastics

@manples
                , here it is with your plastic scans.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

That looks absolutely gorgeous. Thanks Bord and Manples

Manples
                  Participant
                    @manples

This is awesome. I’m impressed by your work and super happy ;-)

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Little fact in dof it just quickly pulses shaker when you hit upper left roller. Love that effect in this vp game makes hitting that shot more rewarding :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

bord
                        @bord

Little fact in dof it just quickly pulses shaker when you hit upper left roller. Love that effect in this vp game makes hitting that shot more rewarding :)

Ha. I was just bitching about that DOF assignment the other day because the shot itself doesn’t even score any points. [edit: ok, it scores 500]

But yeah, it’s cool when it happens.

bord
                          @bord

This is awesome. I’m impressed by your work and super happy ;-)

I’m happy, too. I bug people all the time to get their plastics scanned so we can make use of them. Almost no one does it. Here I put out the request and a few hours later I had great photos and great scans from you.

In fact, I wish everyone would use your technique for scanning warped plastics. Doing them in parts so each warped section is still in focus is perfect.

Thank you!

arconovum
                          Participant
                            @nicholaschristopher
                            MemberContributor

Lmao! I’ll see if I can add something. To funny

Make sure it posts a pic of that meme of the cat.

vogliadicane
                            Participant
                              @vogliadicane

Man, this looks so beautiful! :yes:

chokeee
                              Participant
                                @chokeee

EBDscreenie Almost done.

Wow! your lighting skills rulez!

rothbauerw
                                  @rothbauerw
                                  ModeratorContributorMembervip

@bord, how is Eight Ball Deluxe table coming along?

Any other great works in progress still floating around (outside of some the current threads)?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

bord
                                    @bord

how is Eight Ball Deluxe table coming along? Any other great works in progress still floating around (outside of some the current threads)?

EBD has three basic post meshes to replace and then it is done. I was totally done with it but then I made some new posts when updating Paragon that I really like so now I just need to move those over to EBD. Lots of behind the scenes work on other author’s projects right now so getting this out hasn’t been my priority. Best guess is by Thanksgiving but I’ve been wrong before.

Next project from me is Centigrade 37.

The Loafer
                                    Participant
                                      @theloafer

Centigrade 37: another classic pin with a great backglass.  You are really mowing those down Bord.  I’m glad to inform you this is Loaf approved! LOL

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      Manples
                                      Participant
                                        @manples

@bord I’m actually restoring a Bally Space Time (1972), the clear coat will be cured in few weeks. I’m thinking maybe I should get a handy scanner and hi-res scan it before I put everything back. Who knows, maybe one day you’ll be interested in making this table? ;-)

It’s not a very famous EM but I don’t understand why, the tunnel feature blows my mind, the playfield/backglass art is very trippy, there’s a kicker, 2 drop holes, 4 bumpers, a drop post, etc.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        bord
                                          @bord

I’m actually restoring a Bally Space Time (1972), the clear coat will be cured in few weeks. I’m thinking maybe I should get a handy scanner and hi-res scan it before I put everything back. Who knows, maybe one day you’ll be interested in making this table? ;-) It’s not a very famous EM but I don’t understand why, the tunnel feature blows my mind, the playfield/backglass art is very trippy, there’s a kicker, 2 drop holes, 4 bumpers, a drop post, etc.

@Manples
                                          , no kidding I went looking for resources for this table not too long ago. Didn’t come up with anything I liked but really wanted to build this table. I love the art and design. I’d have to recruit some scripting help, especially for the tunnel, but with playfield and plastic scans I would move this to the top of my project list. So: YES PLEASE!

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

I have no say of course but I just wanted to state I’ve played a Space time a few years ago and it’s very much a unique pin that deserves our form of preservation. Glad to see you are on board bord (ugh) and wanted to publically give kudos to people Manples who go out of their way to support the community via providing the resources author’s need.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 191 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?