Exclusive Full Screen

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Exclusive full screen is just that exclusive. I don’t believe a error or menu window can show or it would not be exclusive full screen then

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

Crazy LOL

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Ok. So, there goes my plan on buying a 1080 out the window. At least for now. Switched to forced fullscreen and implemented 4x DSR. No issues yet.

I guess keeping a VPX shortcut icon to the desktop with the -DisableTrueFullscreen as a parameter is a good idea when/if I get any errors. I should then be able to just start VPX via the shortcut and open the most recent game from the file-menu for a quick investigation.

vogliadicane
          Participant
            @vogliadicane

I use a batch file to open VPX in non true fullscreen for situations I want to access all menues and so. Mostly at first start up of a new table.

“C:\VPin_Programs\Visual Pinball\VPinballX.exe” -DisableTrueFullscreen

Got this idea from VPU IIRC, very handy…

StevOz
            Participant
              @stevoz

They really are not that exclusive, with a few changes minor changes in the backdrop settings, uncheck FFS mode > adjust settings for DT mode and change 1 line of script to enable the DMD, set it to 1, perhaps create or import a backdrop image and your done…

Doh!…Ok OK got it wrong, sorry about that… :wacko:

Attachments:
              Jesperpark
              Participant
                @jesperpark

Another 2 questions related to graphics cards etc.

What is recommended for the settings, with regards to the nvidea control panels settings?  I read previously leave everything application controlled, is this still correct way?

Also with regards to updating the nvidea drivers, should they be updated?  Read some people having issues after updating, but that could be just an isolated person or 2

TerryRed
                  @terryred
                  MemberContributorModerator

Another 2 questions related to graphics cards etc. What is recommended for the settings, with regards to the nvidea control panels settings? I read previously leave everything application controlled, is this still correct way? Also with regards to updating the nvidea drivers, should they be updated? Read some people having issues after updating, but that could be just an isolated person or 2

For VPX, you leave nvidia control panel at defaults.  VP9, PM5 you “may” have to play around…depending on your system.

If your system is running fine….no need to update nvidia drivers unless something requires it.   Sometimes a Windows update may install an older driver…..so at that point you might have something mess up, but thats not from a normal driver install.

chokeee
                  Participant
                    @chokeee

When I go to exclusive full screen mode everything play smooth but I have big flipper lag. Anybody noticed it too?

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

What are the rest of your video preferences set to? System specs? all makes a difference.

FPS limiter and pre-rendered frames are the main things people set wrong and makes a huge difference on performance/playability

for IOS and Android

chokeee
                      Participant
                        @chokeee

i5 2500k, gtx970, windows 7, nvidia default settings, FPS limiter – 1, pre-rendered frames – 0 (not remember what, but Im sure I tested different setting in VP video options). Table video limiter settings stay default (-1). Whats yours nvidia and VP and table settings?

TerryRed
                          @terryred

i5 2500k, gtx970, windows 7, nvidia default settings, FPS limiter – 1, pre-rendered frames – 0 (not remember what, but Im sure I tested different setting in VP video options). Table video limiter settings stay default (-1). Whats yours nvidia and VP and table settings?

I have the same cpu and video card as you, and I run EVERYTHING in 4K and its buttery smooth. If I didnt use exclusive full screen, VPX would run like crap. Here’s what my settings are (only I run in 3840×2160 without 4x brute force AA, since in 4K there’s no need for it).

Well i finally switched to exclusive full screen last night. I have had stutter on Back to the future and Cyclone and after trying EVERYTHING i switch cab to exclusive and presto silky smooth like my wife’s skin used to be 20 years ago! Now how many users are running exclusive full screen? Poll time!

OMG, quote of the year…LOL! Sorry Mrs. randr! ;) Here’s what my settings were when I was using a gtx 960 and an HDTV for my pf screen. You may need to disable Brute Force 4x AA for some tables…. As for the DDRAW issue…. I think the issue won’t affect you if you are using “Load External DLL” for real DMD or Freezy’s dmdext. Otherwise, you may still get the error, but easy solution is export your registry settings for PinMAME, edit with wordpad, then find and replace the DDRAW settings for all tables to what you need it to be. Save it, and then reimport these settings into the registry. There’s really no excuse to not use Freezy’s dmdext with virtual DMD’s in a cab now. Ever since using dmdext, I’ve never had to think about any issue with DDRAW. My god randr….first I convince you to finally update your DOF configs after 2 years….then you install chimes on a whim….them you go exclusive full screen…. ….what’s next? :)

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

My settings are same as Terry’s. I run a 1060 video card

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

The Loafer
                            Participant
                              @theloafer

question: can brute force 4X SSAA be ENABLED via a command line argument?

question #2: can I also set the resolution via the command line argument?  When I disable exclusive fullscreen it defaults to a real crappy resolution that’s not even fullscreen

TerryRed
                                @terryred

question: can brute force 4X SSAA be ENABLED via a command line argument? question #2: can I also set the resolution via the command line argument? When I disable exclusive fullscreen it defaults to a real crappy resolution that’s not even fullscreen

I don’t know about command line…but you can enable / disable brute force AA on a per table basis on the “Options” Window under User Customization.

As for the resolution, you could always try to find where those settings are stored in the registry and export it to a *.reg file for each of the settings you want, and then somehow use a command line or BAT file to import the *.reg file (with no prompts if possible).

TNT2
                                Participant
                                  @tnt2

What does Ambient Occlusion Update in-game do?

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

What does Ambient Occlusion Update in-game do?

Definition:

In computer graphics, ambient occlusion is a shading and rendering technique used to calculate how exposed each point in a scene is to ambient lighting.

In reality….Not much for pinball. If anything it tends to create undesirable artifacts, and is more taxing on your gpu and fps. You’re better off disabling it.

TNT2
                                    Participant
                                      @tnt2

Excellent. Thanks.

The Loafer
                                      Participant
                                        @theloafer

Ambient occlusion: I agree the ball just ends up blurrier, prefer not using it

registry fix is something I am going to have to look into, thanks!  If I use that I won’t need the switch then I can just set one registry to have the full 4K resolution set and with exclusive mode on, then another registry with 1080p resolution and exclusive off

man I used to do batch files all the time back in dos 3.3 days.  Let’s see if I can whip something up, I gather I’ll need to do a pause/wait In there to ensure registry is fully updated before starting VP

*cracks knuckles…*

Sliderpoint
                                        Participant
                                          @sliderpoint
                                          MemberContributor

You can just export your entire vpinmame key.  Open it with notepad and Crtl+H for find/replace.  Save and re-import.

-Mike

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?