Family Guy Stern VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    robwaade
    Participant
      @robwaade

go to vpuniverse theres a new download pal file it got mine working its a big addition to the game   :yes:

senseless
      Participant
        @senseless

Yep the new pin2dmd.pal file works! I needed to patch the orginal game code again for it to work.

Link: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4174-family-guy/

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

Update ? Ups. I missed that – thank you guys !

misfit
          Participant
            @edavis

Ok. I’m out of ideas here. What am I missing? I am running a 3-screen setup on my in-progress cab. When I open and run this table via VP directly everything works great. But if I start it from Pinballx, more often than not the DMD is positioned in the upper-center of my 2nd/backglass monitor. I have tried every combination of settings between VP and Pinballx I can find and have used the SetDMD tool to try to persist the DMD position for all my roms. But I can’t stop this from happening. It seems to happen with just about all of the more recent Stern tables. As far as I know, I am running the latest and greatest versions of just about everything. Windows 10 and everything pinball-related is running as Admin. Any suggestions or tricks I may have missed? This is super annoying…

xenonph
            Participant
              @xenonph
              MemberContributor

I don’t own a cab, but I have seen gtxjoe talk about this I think.

If it is working without PBX

Try disabling these settings in PBX under Display Settings.

Auto position B2S

Auto position DMD

Hide PinMAME

Use PinMame in front end

1 user thanked author for this post.
              misfit
              Participant
                @edavis

I don’t own a cab, but I have seen gtxjoe talk about this I think. If it is working without PBX Try disabling these settings in PBX under Display Settings. Auto position B2S Auto position DMD Hide PinMAME Use PinMame in front end

Nope. Thanks for the suggestions, but tried all that. No luck. Really frustrating…

HauntFreaks
                  @hauntfreaks
                  vipContributorMember

are you using freezy’s DLL for the dmd??

misfit
                  Participant
                    @edavis

are you using freezy’s DLL for the dmd??

Not sure I follow. Is freezy’s DLL just for the DMD for this table? Or does it affect all tables? And can you point me to some info?

HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

here’s the thing….. i know how to use it, but I’m sure not the one to explain how to use it…

what it does is lets you use an external dmd driver… and you have much more control over the dmd settings and position in an ini file
                      it also lets you use color dmd files…

someone with more knowledge on this chime in please…

misfit
                      Participant
                        @edavis

here’s the thing….. i know how to use it, but I’m sure not the one to explain how to use it… what it does is lets you use an external dmd driver… and you have much more control over the dmd settings and position in an ini file it also lets you use color dmd files… someone with more knowledge on this chime in please…

I found and did a little research on Freezy’s DMD DLL. And in doing so, I realized that the latest VPinMAME appears to include an external DMD DLL (DmdDevice.dll) and supporting files. Not sure if it’s actually Freezy’s version, but it appears to be very similar. Anyway…I found a solution to my issue. Editing the “DmdDevice.ini” file, opening the table options in VPX via F1, unselecting the “Show DMD/Display window” checkbox, and selecting the “Use external DMD (dll)” checkbox did the trick.  :yahoo:

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and help!

sachsenpaule
                        Participant
                          @guntersachsen

The rom from Stern is not working anymore, i downloaded it a few times, renamed it and never works. Seems i´m not the only one:

http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/topic/family-guy-stern-vpx/page/3/

Anybody can help?

Micronaut
                          Participant
                            @micronaut

The rom from Stern is not working anymore, i downloaded it a few times, renamed it and never works. Seems i´m not the only one:

http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/topic/family-guy-stern-vpx/page/3/

Anybody can help?

Buen dia :

I downloaded the rom from the web page : “stern game code”, renamed the .bin file, compressed it in zip and it works fine,
                            search in google “stern game code” there are many roms of stern,

search and download family guy,in this page there are two family guy roms : english-frensh works (family guy English-Spanish does not work)

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

This might be because of rename of some of the stern roms – ref : http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3461-sambuild31-beta-thread/?do=findComment&comment=38248

If you have an older pinmame the name should be fg1200af – and of course the table needs to match. Newer and it is called fg_1200af, again, table must match.

Don’t find roms ? open browser –> google.com –> fg_1200af.zip site:vpuniverse.com <enter> –> download and give a thanks to CarnyPriest.

sniiki
                              Participant
                                @sniiki

VPX 10.5, VPinMame Sambuild 3.1, tried every combination of these roms (english-french)  but it just wont work. No problems with other tables.

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

What is the error ? If it just crashes without saying anything about the rom first. Then it is probably a AT91JiT issue and not rom problem. You should always run at test of the rom in with setup.exe if you are in doubt.

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/turning-onoff-at91jit/

sniiki
                                  Participant
                                    @sniiki

Just the “normal” machine terminated before initialization error for rom fg_1200af.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Didn’t these roms get renamed in vpinmame?

********************************************************
                                      Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

Yes. And one thing that has also changed is that the zip file and its content needs to match. You can’t have a zip named fg1200af.zip with a content of fg_1200af.xxx or even the other way around. Make sure that both the rom file is renamed. The zip i renamed and the table is updated to match the new rom name.

I should add. clrmamepro is perfect for the rename job.

sniiki
                                        Participant
                                          @sniiki

Family Guy V12 English-French stern rom, fg_1200af.bin inside fg_1200af.zip and cGameName = “fg_1200af”. No go. Even cleared windows registry between different rom tries.

Uninstalled & reinstalled VPX and it works. No idea what was the reason (settings are identical).

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

That is just odd. I don’t think I have ever seen such a issue before. Well. It is a computer and windows on top of that – anything can happen I guess :wacko:

The good thing. You resolved it ! Be proud. We where of no help to you B-)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 81 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?