This topic contains 47 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  bord 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
     Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

@mike : Thank you – much appreciated info. But, a followup question. BorgDog did some physical measurements and conversion over at vpf a while ago.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33507&p=331052

Slightly confused. Modern tables are post 1980’s, and longer ?

Ah … re-read it – radius … got it. ( I hope … )

Sliderpoint 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Can be confusing because of how all the settings in VP mix together to get the overall length.

They should be pretty similar with the overall length measurement  Length+Base Radius+End Radius = Total Length of flipper INCLUDING the rubber.

so his measurements for the gottlieb flipper  (rounded I’m sure) = 111+24+18 = 153   converted  equals 3.25  (3-1/4 inches) total length (flipper bat+rubber)
    mine are(not rounded)  117.65+20.58875+11.765 = 150.00375  converted equals 3.1875 inches (3-3/16 inches) total length (flipper bat+rubber)

That’s only a difference of 1/16th of an inch.  So probably thicker or less stretched rubber on the real pins that we measured.

But the settings make the flippers have completely different shapes.

-Mike

1 user thanked author for this post.
     BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

I like my old fat flippers :)  Even measuring with the micrometer can be off a bit as they compress the rubber somewhat, hence my approximations, I figured close enough. and since I posted that I’ve done more measurements and come up with slightly different values, but I think measured with a better tool (calipers vs ruler).

My new ones should be 112.24+23.29+16.00 = 151.53 or 3.22 inches but I don’t always check and sometimes work off an old table\template and probably rounded my new ones to 112+23+16 for 151 or 3.21 inches.

Some users who have liked this topic:

1 user thanked author for this post.
     DJRobX 
    Participant

DJRobX, i want to to give it a try with the latest DL, but Flippers don’t move up / down … what’s wrong here ?

No idea.  Is that happening to anyone else?

Is it that you don’t see them moving or do they actually not work?   You could try hiding the primitive flippers and making the real flippers visible…

DJRobX 
    Participant

So in order for your flippers to be ‘lined up’ both flippers should have the exact same Y coordinate and the X coordinate of the left flipper should be Rightflippers (X – 317.655)

I applied that technique and it’s shockingly close to where I had eyeballed it based on the PF image.   I had moved them quite a bit further apart from their original locations, so was worried that I had moved them too far apart.  Great to have that confirmation, thanks!

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Ok i ll try it later at home.
    Actually i have no Reaction of the Flippers – but some Flashing Lights on the Top, about 5-times, then no more ( if i press FlipperKeys – thats strange )

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Did a quick Test here in my Company, VPX 10.4 3224, the same: no Reactions on Flippers (also VP Flippers Set to visible) …

Edit: Solved ! Sorry, dowloaded 3235, all ok with the newest VPX

bord 
    Participant

Did a quick Test here in my Company, VPX 10.4 3224, the same: no Reactions on Flippers (also VP Flippers Set to visible) … Edit: Solved ! Sorry, dowloaded 3235, all ok with the newest VPX

3224 broke all tables using nFozzy’s fastflips code. Working again with 3235.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account