Firepower (Williams 1981) WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    walamab
    Participant
      @walamab
      MemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/firepower-williams-1981-v1-0-3/

This is Firepower from 1981. It is arguably the first multi-ball  and lane change pinball machine made by Williams. It has been through multiple revisions as I learned. Version 1.0.3 is about as close as I can get it to the real thing. Thanks to those in the community that provided suggestions on lighting and physics and many thanks to those that found bugs.

Walamab
      Table Developer Wannabe and general arcade geek!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Great choice for a table! your first build? impressive for first time will try it later. thanks!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Agwood
        Participant
          @agwood

Just fired this up and after changed a few things from default (ShowDMDOnly to 1 and the table default AA and AO options) to what my systems prefers it plays really nice. I am in Tokyo, Japan and don’t have a real table to compare it to but this seems to play fast as most of the Williams tables from that era played. Great work, I appreciate all of you who make these tables available to those of us that are, errmm… skill-less but love this hobby!!! Thanks again and Thanks Randr for this site! BTW I am not Japanese, I am an American living here and working for the U.S. Government… Japanese have no idea about Traditional Pinball, they always think I am talking about Pachinko.

N3roflint
          Participant
            @n3roflint

Nice I’ll download this and let you know what I think I love Firepower.

“Japanese have no idea about Traditional Pinball, they always think I am talking about Pachinko.”

There is this place in Tokyo maybe you should check it out.

http://big-step.co.jp/event/detail/52/

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Laylow
            Participant
              @pinlow
              MemberContributor

Nice one! Thanks for this table!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVKDlEPvaaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKLgl5AS14w

Ah

Agwood
              Participant
                @agwood

Good Stuff N3roflint, yes thank you and I have been there and it is beautiful and they have a ton of classic and newer pins and I think it is a private collection. That place is actually in Osaka which as the crow flies is about 180 Miles from Tokyo which may not seem far but Transportation in Japan is super expensive. I have a choice of $400 round trip Bullet train, Drive on the freeway which is 67 Cents a mile, plus I am a dumb American .. haha who bought a souped up 400 HP Infiniti M45 (here it is called the Nissan Fuga 450GT) which gets terrible gas mileage. I will probably go down there again at some point this next year but for now I am spending that cash on my Cabinet. We had a smallish arcade not too far from where I live that had a few great pins (AC/DC Luci, Star Trek LE, Addams Family Gold, Cirqus Voltaire and Theatre of Magic) but they are closing permanently on the 26th of this month as very few people come in to play. I asked if they were going to sell the machines and he said yes but they wanted anywhere from 15-20K for each respectively so I’ll have to pass !! I have included a pic of the super rare Japanese Pinball Arcade.

Played the new uploaded table some more and still really like it, glad those Jarvis sounds are not popular anymore, I can only stand so much of it, Great work Walamab!!

32assassin
                Participant
                  @32assassin

if you need encouragement to finish the table

– I completely rebuilt the code on this table removing all the vp8 vp9 callbacks.

-replaced the wall stand up targets and added the vpx targets

-many more changes

table still needs allot of work but the code is pretty much done

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lwtmleyeta7op4/Firepower%20v0.9.2.zip?dl=0

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

2 users thanked author for this post.
                  Ben Logan2
                  Participant
                    @benlogan2

Laylow,

I’m a fan of your videos and watch pretty much all of them. This latest video shaves the bumper caps off Firepower. Z Scales settings maybe (?)

:)

Ben Logan2
                    Participant
                      @benlogan2

Really looking forward to downloading and playing this one, Walamab. This is one of those classic layouts / rulesets that never gets old. There was a Firepower for sale at Pinagogo this year for nine hundo. Can’t count the times I’ve kicked myself for not grabbing that badboy. It was in pretty good shape too. Damn! Your VPX Firepower release eases the pain.

:P

Scotty VH
                        @scottt
                        ModeratorMember

I can’t hear any system sounds and can’t determine how to control the volume.

walamab
                        Participant
                          @walamab
                          MemberContributor

I can’t hear any system sounds and can’t determine how to control the volume.

I’ll take a look at the “Playsound” settings and make sure the volume isn’t set too low.

If if you have more than one audio device you may need to make sure “Play Sounds” is enabled and assigned to the correct sound device via the audio options selection in VP.

Walamab

Scotty VH
                            @scottt
                            ModeratorMember

Thanks for looking into this, walamab.  I searched the script for “playsound” and see that those sounds are for non-rom sounds.  These sounds are all working fine.  The sounds I can not hear are the rom based ones, like chimes, beeps, music, etc.

Scotty VH
                              @scottt
                              ModeratorMember

Thanks for looking into this, walamab.  I searched the script for “playsound” and see that those sounds are for non-rom sounds.  These sounds are all working fine.  The sounds I can not hear are the rom based ones, like chimes, beeps, music, etc.    UPDATE:  I just added all the roms from the recent rom post, and now the sounds are working.  Not sure if I replaced a bad one, or additional ones were needed.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

do you have the samples for vpinmame installed?

or delete nvram maybe and try that?

Sound Samples

********************************************************
                                for IOS and Android

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

well ignore my post :) i see you got it sorted :good:

for IOS and Android

walamab
                                  Participant
                                    @walamab
                                    MemberContributor

Glad you got it working. please keep me posted on any other issues you come across.

Walamab

Bob Albright
                                    Participant
                                      @bobalbright

When I try to add credits on my cab, I get a window that pops up VBS Script and in the little block it says “replay”. Any ideas how to fix it? The 3 and 5 from the keyboard does the same thing. I recently added the new script files from the 10.2 beta I might add. Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

missed the update yesterday. thanks for new version!

for IOS and Android

walamab
                                        Participant
                                          @walamab
                                          MemberContributor

I left a msgbox command trying to figure out why DOF doesn’t fire the knocker when a MATCH is made or when you put credits on like the real machine. I’ll take it out and upload an update.

In the mean time to keep you from having to re-download, I’ll tell you how to remove it from the script.

1) Open the firepower.vpx in visual pinball 10.

2) Click the script button on the left to open the script

3) Scroll down to line 151 and comment out with a ‘ the line that says msgbox “REPLAY”.

You can actually comment out the whole function from line 149 through line 155.

Thanks for catching this. I run the table in free play mode so I wasn’t seeing this problem. To put Firepower in free play set option 4 – 18 (max credits) to 0 (zero). I can help you with this too if you need it.

Thanks again!

Walamab

RustyCardores
                                            @rustycardores
                                            MemberModerator

When I try to add credits on my cab, I get a window that pops up VBS Script and in the little block it says “replay”. Any ideas how to fix it? The 3 and 5 from the keyboard does the same thing. I recently added the new script files from the 10.2 beta I might add. Thanks

Same here. I also get the same popup when I get a reply.

Thankfully my launch ball button is still on enter and a quick tap moves it on, but still need a fix for it all the same. EDIT: Sorry, only just seeing the post above now.

It’s a great effort for a first table I must say. It plays well (perhaps the bumpers a little fast??) but it could benefit from a higher res image for the playfield I think.  But as stated, this is a WIP so I think it’s gunna be awesome in the end. :)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 70 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?