This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  xenonph 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
     xenonph 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Flash Gordon (Bally 1981) Sound Mod v1.3

I first would like to thank Rothbauerw for giving me permission to make this sound mod. I would also like to thank him for making a great table!! I also would like to thank everyone who contributed to this table including, Cyberpez, WRD1972, Sinbad, Scapino, Flupper, and the Devs that make this all possible!!
    They put in alot of time and work on the original table, and it is appreciated!! So if you like this mod, I would encourage you to thank the original author of the table, as I have only made a few changes!
    Original Table…
    http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/flash-gordon-bally-1981/

I also would like to thank Allknowing2012 and Gtxjoe for teaching me how to add timers to script.

I also would like to thank DJRobX, STAT, Gtxjoe, and nFozzy, for helping me shorten my StopSounds and PlaySounds script commands.
    (They each wrote out an example, and between them all, I was able to figure it out!! BIG THANKS!!!)

I also would like to thank Scottacus for adding TILT sound effect script!!
    (I have always had trouble trying to add sound effect to light. BIG THANKS!!)

I also would like to thank Steve “Slydog43” for which these VPX mods would not be possible!!

Rothbauerw sent me updated table to use for this sound mod!! BIG THANKS!!
    “Here’s the latest version, there were a couple of small mapping issues fixed in this version that are not in the most recent released version.”

I added 43 sound effects including voice and background music.(Also changed original music Snippet.)

Hope you like it!!

Some users who have liked this topic:

2 users thanked author for this post.
     rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

Intense!  Nice work!

1 user thanked author for this post.
     vogliadicane 
    Participant

I am usually more for keeping it as original as possible, but in this case your Mod is very welcome to me. Just because I was a little disapointed about how few audio samples were actually used those days. Played it a lot at that time, but didn’t remember it was like this. So your Mod makes it maybe a bit more like the makers would have made it if they could ;)

Anyways I have one point to propose:

you should root the samples to the background output. I think, you don’t use a cab, so it might be ok for you. In a cab (at least mine) these samples now come out of the – well – cab, where only mech sounds usually come from, which sounds hollow and weired.

Secondly surely only a question of preference, I think the “are you ok…” and “I’m gonna rescue my friends…” samples are used too much.

Just my 2 cents, really a lot of fun with these additions :bye:

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  vogliadicane.

xenonph 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Thanks for the info Vogliadicane.

Im not sure I understand what you are saying about rooting the samples to background output.

Maybe you could show me a working example of what you are looking for me to do?

Or show me any other table that does this?

And does this mean that all the other sound mod tables I have made, need to have this done to them too? Because they were all made the same way. I just added sound effects to events on table. Appreciate any more info you have on this.

About those 2 sound effects…

Those 2 sound effects are tied to the plunger if you don’t pull the plunger within a certain amount of time. They will play over and over until you plunge ball. I think they are on drain event also , so I need to remove them from drain.

Appreciate the feedback.

Have a great day!!

vogliadicane 
    Participant

you find it in the sound manager. Sounds can be rootet to “table” or “Backglass”. There is a button to toggle that. It was broken, but repaired in one of the latest 10.4 beta revs.

So in practice, you go through each sound and press toggle until the table (list)  shows backglass (or BG I think) instead of table.

I can add a screenshot, if you need, tonight, when I’m back on my cab.

xenonph 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I have updated table with your suggestions.

I changed sounds so they are played through Backglass.

I only removed the “Rescue Friends and Save the Earth” from drain event. You will still hear it if you don’t pull plunger within a certain amount of time.

Hope you like it.

Mark70 
    Participant

Again a good selection of sounds Xenonph, like on your SW mod. It is really fun to play.
    Thanks to you for the mod and to Rotbhauerw for the excellent playing original table.
    I have both installed side by side in the cab.

vogliadicane 
    Participant

Thanks a lot, much better now!

xenonph 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Thank you so much for that info!!

I take it that if you have mp3’s in music folder, they are played through the BG? Seeing how there is no setting for those mp3’s, I am guessing they do play through BG.

Thanks again for the info!! I really want these sound mods to be made how the people who play them, want them!!

I work on these tables more than I play them.

Why? Because I love working on them!!!

When I feel I need a break from working on them, then I will play them nonstop for weeks!!

Until then…Back to work!!

I am thinking of asking BorgDog if I can make a sound mod of his Buck Rogers VPX table!!

EDIT: Permission was granted!! Stay tuned!!

Carry on.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  xenonph.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account