Followed advice, purchased cabinet, now need your help loading tables

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

Well that’s the fun of this hobby, how to fix when stuff goes wrong.  Maybe I have a different idea of fun…sorry

Here is some basics to get you up to speed

Video made by GTXJoe on DOF Framework, you can watch the whole series, but there is some out of date stuff pertaining to VP Install.  Bot this one is fine for DOF

https://youtu.be/uXnLSpIIqv8?list=PL0UBDiPBZc_NBiik5Y-wlnTkoLpaUH61w

Here is the manual for DOF related and how I learned to get my setup working

https://directoutput.github.io/DirectOutput/installation.html

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I have a feeling that you’ve destroyed the link between you tables folder and the directoutput. My best advice – read the documentation for how dof is supposed to be installed.

https://directoutput.github.io/DirectOutput/installation.html

You don’t need to download it again. Like Jesperpark said, you already have it and it most probably contains the stuff you need. You just need to get it working again by following the guide without actually replacing any files.

jevansoh
        Participant
          @jevansoh

I’ll watch the video and read the link you sent, but I agree with you…The link between the tables folder and DOF is gone.  The question I have is, what was that link?  Was it a file I accidentally deleted?  What file?  What’s the name?  How do I establish that link again?  That’s my question.  What am I missing here?

jevansoh
          Participant
            @jevansoh

I just checked and the shortcut link is there in the directory.  What I’m missing and don’t know to look for is some file or something that tells DOF how to communicate with my “toys” and I don’t know what file that is or what I’m missing.  The link is in the tables/plugins directory and is a shortcut like it’s supposed to be, though.

Jesperpark
            Participant
              @jesperpark

Ah you don’t have your direct output config file most likely

When the DOF is first setup you have to use the dof config tool to point your inputs

http://configtool.vpuniverse.com/login.php

Now since you don’t know your inputs you are best off asking for your config file from the seller

When i generate a new code this will get emailed to me.  Basically you are looking for an ini file.

config

Attachments:
              Thalamus
                @thalamus

Yeah. You could register your account – login, the give the login to you seller and make them set it up correctly.
                Then after that … change your password and you should be set for the future.

This is one of the things that changes over time – so, you want to be able to download and update the files that Jesper showed you an example of.

Jesperpark
                Participant
                  @jesperpark

Yeah. You could register your account – login, the give the login to you seller and make them set it up correctly. Then after that … change your password and you should be set for the future. This is one of the things that changes over time – so, you want to be able to download and update the files that Jesper showed you an example of.

That’s a good idea, Arngrim makes changes all the time, without this you will be unable to update and left in the dust anyway.  We don’t want you being left behind with old dof configs, you have to be one of the cool kids  :yes:

jevansoh
                  Participant
                    @jevansoh

So the file I need is directoutputconfig20.ini?  I was told in another thread that’s just for colors.  Is it also for the force feedback and other lighting effects?

jevansoh
                    Participant
                      @jevansoh

I’m pretty sure I’m out of luck with the seller.  He mentioned one of his customers is who set it up for him.  I don’t think he knows anything about how to set it up..Just like me.

I registered an account and see the tool.  I have no clue how to use it, though.  It’s very overwhelming.  I don’t know how to figure out what’s what.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

I don’t understand everything DOF myself – so, relax. Once the profile is setup correctly ( the hardware is mapped correctly ) you basically just login – press the button “generate config”, download and extract the files within into you directouput/config folder … overwriting those files. That’s the update procedure. The really hard work is done by Arngrim and the table authors.

There is another alternative … find someone else that have bought the same cab and ask them to make a screenshot of their setup. But, I doubt that everyone at the company are as stupid as you portray. Someone needs to be able to help you with this. I can’t – since my hardware is different from yours.

And – yes, its all the bang and whistles. It is kind of the mapping between your hardware and the rom names and the table scripts. All these need to work together in perfect harmony.

jevansoh
                        Participant
                          @jevansoh

The question is where/how do I map the hardware, though?  How do I know what is what?

I don’t think anyone at the company is stupid.  I’m sorry if I portrayed that.  I was just relaying what the seller told me.  A customer did it all for him and that’s how the force feedback came about.

It’s not that the seller is unwilling to help.  He just doesn’t know what I need or what to do about it.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

He got it working once ? So, then he can provide you with the same software again. And this time. Make a backup :) You can kind of figure out what hardware you have … if you get back the original directoutput folder with its content. Now, you’re screwed if you don’t know what you cab contains. There are ways around this, but, honestly I don’t want to tell you more about those, because if you use those tools you can easily fry solenoids if you don’t know what you are doing.

So, what we have told you and still are trying to tell you. You once need to have had your directoutput folder with its config files correctly installed.
                            Make them help you with this. This is what you need !

Guys with same hardware can share configs without any problem. The only thing that gets lost is if one person have different preferences for tables than the next guy. But, that is easily changed via the config tool you just registered for.

jevansoh
                            Participant
                              @jevansoh

I understand what you are saying, generally.  I’m in contact with them and they are willing to help… The problem is neither of us know what it is I’m missing specifically.  Which files specifically am I missing?

He already zipped up the contents of the DirectOutput directory off another working drive and I copied those over and it still doesn’t work.  That’s what I don’t understand.

jevansoh
                              Participant
                                @jevansoh

If I ever get it working again, the first thing I’ll do is make a backup :)

Jesperpark
                                Participant
                                  @jesperpark

Okay so all the files he sent you, make sure none of the new files are blocked.  Right click on EVERY file and go to properties, if it says blocked then unblock them.

Another thing to try is when you start a visual pinball table, right click on the backglass. It will bring up a options screen for B2S, make sure the box “enable plugins” is checked.

These are guesses, which can cause issues.

maybe screenshot what you have in the direct output folder and the plugin/direct output folder

jevansoh
                                  Participant
                                    @jevansoh

I have a directoutput folder..Just checked the two things you are mentioned and no blocks and the other option was already set.  I don’t have a plugins/directoutput directory.  In the tables/plugins directory is a link to the c:\directoutput directory.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Your never going to be successful unless you know what output is for what feedback toy. Do you have a account on dof site? You will need to have one and create your configs from that. But you need to know what ports are what

********************************************************
                                      Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                      for IOS and Android

jevansoh
                                      Participant
                                        @jevansoh

I created an account but don’t have any idea how to use that tool.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Write down what each port drives what feedback device. If you do not know find out from supplier of your build. Or use ledblinky to figure it out but you must know to setup dof account.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

jevansoh
                                          Participant
                                            @jevansoh

I can get the dofconfig tool and ledblinky to pulse each item per port and write it down that way but I don’t know what to do with the tool.  If I can figure out how to input it into the tool, does the tool create all the config files I need?  What does it create?  Where do I put them?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 65 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?