Four Million BC (Bally 1971) WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

…and working “Bronto-Menu” system

Untitled-3

Attachments:
      2 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Very cool

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Scottacus
        Participant
          @scottacus
          MembervipContributor

Thanks!  I was working of the bird ramp and set the height to 45 vpu which matches the proportions that Slydog43 posted.  The ball kept on stopping at the same point of the ramp and that was when I realized that VP has an invisible glass layer.  I had to raise the glass to get the ball to clear under the glass and exit the bird ramp.

I’m always finding new things with vp!

I used an invisible drop-able wall to make the 2 way gate at the end of the short shooter lane into a one-way gate if the gate open light was not lit.  Is there a way to code a gate to switch between 2-way and 1-way other than using a drop-able wall?  I couldn’t find this in the VP10 doc file…

Scottacus
          Participant
            @scottacus
            MembervipContributor

Slydog43 I was asking about the yellow mushroom bumpers not the thumper bumpers under the bird ramp.  Those zip and unzip the flippers as well as advance the tar pit and release the volcano.  Does it matter if the indicator lights are on in terms of zipping and unzipping the flippers?

Also, if the ball overshoots the bird ramp and ends up rolling off of the rubbers just above the tar pit entrance (to the right of the green thumper bumper), does the ball center drain?  If not how does it tend to travel?

Slydog43
            Participant
              @slydog43

wow looks incredible.  Really hope it plays well too as that is my favorite thing about vpx over vp9.  I hope you understood my measurements for the stainless steel metal cover at top of bird ramp.  Funny seeing an english version of the playfield as mine is german.  Can’t wait, thanks.

didn’t see your questions, will have to check those out later this morning.  I know if going over the top of the bird ramp it does not center drain, but will tell you exactly what mine does.  Love what I see with the menu system, great job.  This is really where VPX shines

Slydog43
              Participant
                @slydog43

Yellow mushrooms open/close zipper flippers regardless of light on/off.

when lit, ball will get advanced down tar pit or released from volcano depending on the mushroom.

When going over the birdramp, mine at least hits metal wall, through gate and hits green pop bumper, which launches it kinda randomly, but usually comes out on right side and then hits right flipper (most of the time).  Sometimes it only hits the red pop bumper and can hit the right mushroom cap, after going over the birdramp.

hope this helps out, can’t wait to test, great job!!!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Scottacus
                Participant
                  @scottacus
                  MembervipContributor

Great info!  I’ll PM you a working version of the table to give you a chance to try it out and help me with the game play.

Scottacus
                  Participant
                    @scottacus
                    MembervipContributor

Here’s the table with all of the metal posts, screws, metal guide walls in place.  Once we get the game play right we will let Bord do his magic!

Untitled-4

Attachments:
                    3 users thanked author for this post.
                    Draifet
                    Participant
                      @draifet

Going so fast! I love the theme, and u are doing an awesome job, can’t thank u enough.

bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

ramprender

Now into Blender. So far the back ramp and surrounding metals are done and back into VPX.

Attachments:
                        randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

:good:

speechless.

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

Scottacus
                          Participant
                            @scottacus
                            MembervipContributor

I’ve been working on the physics of the table to fix a problem with the Bird Ramp.  There’s a roll over button that opens the return gate to the launch lane and it’s possible that a player could rack up a really high score by hitting the top “Bird Ramp” roll over, set the “Bird Ramp” rollovers from 100 to 1000 points and then get the ball to roll back down the launch lane to shoot the shot again.

I messed around with the geometry of the guide wall that returns the ball when it rolls back from the bird ramp, changed the table slope, messed with friction and changed the elasticity of the walls to try to keep the ball from hitting the launch lane gate on return from the “Bird Ramp”.  Then I thought “I bet the original game designers had the same problem.”  I looked at the schematic and there’s a connection between the first roll over on the bird ramp and the shooter lane gate that locks the gate if the ball hits the rollover!

I probably wasted an hour and a half messing with this.  The moral of this story:

“ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS check the schematic if you find a problem with game play.”  The physics of VP10 is just so good that the original designers probably had the same issue.

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Funny how simulated can find the problems. Very cool but sorry you had to wast time like that.

for IOS and Android

bord
                                @bord
                                MembervipContributorModerator

Making progress on the visual side of things. A pile of final details and back it goes to Scott.

Screen-Shot-2018-05-30-at-11.28.08-AM-copy

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                LTA
                                Participant
                                  @luvthatapex

Beautiful!

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Really looking good. Honestly I will admit never played this in real life and only a few times in vp so this really should be fun to try

for IOS and Android

LTA
                                    Participant
                                      @luvthatapex

This is one of my favorite EMs ever. Its got multiball, zipper flippers, interesting shots. I loved playing it in the 70s.

I have every version of this since the begining of VP. The earliest version was from the great Leon Spaulding who probably emulated 100 tables over the early years of VP. First emulation of this was Feb 14, 2002!

Sorry to digress. the WIP looks wonderful and I can’t WAIT to replace the current version on my vpin cabinet with this one!!!!

Scottacus
                                      Participant
                                        @scottacus
                                        MembervipContributor

It’s a really fun table to play!  There’s a lot going on in the game with the two different ball capture modes and the “Bird Ramp” makes for a really challenging and fun plunge shot with good risk/reward to it.  The left outlane has a kicker to return the ball if the middle of the three white roll over buttons is hit, otherwise the launch lane is opened by the two outer roll over buttons (only one of these modes can be active).  The targets zip/unzip the flippers and the two yellow mushrooms release the volcano ball or advance the tar pit.  When a ball is trapped in the volcano, the 1000’s lights animate from top to bottom and a motor noise runs in the background.  The three pop bumpers are lit by the “Bird Ramp” roll overs so you don’t want to leave that shot short and not light all of them but if you overshoot the ramp you loose out on the chance to increase the “Bird Ramp” rollovers from 100 to 1000 points (fourth roll over sets them to 1000).

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

I know this has been said before… but it’s crazy how far the visual quality of tables has come.  Even the older EM tables, and even in screenshots, they look so great.  The bar just keeps getting raised.

Slydog43
                                          Participant
                                            @slydog43

Thanks so much for taking this table on.  I will show it off to every new VP person that comes over since my real 4mil is right behind my main VP cab.  This is great since it shows just how great VP is in its physics and its look.  You guys rock!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?