Front End for Desktop Users

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy
    Participant
      @malachi666

Hey Guys, I was just wondering if there was a good front end table launcher (preferably free) I could use for VPX on my desktop.  Sadly, I do not yet own a cab but hope to one day.  I do have a ton of VPX tables in my library and would really like to use a front end software so that I could easily browse the tables before selecting one to play.   I am even willing to build one if it isn’t too hard.

Thanks guys, and any help is appreciated.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Any frontend will work on desktop pbx or preferred nail busters frontend pinup system!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Jeremy
        Participant
          @malachi666

Thank you!  I don’t suppose anyone uses the PinUP on a desktop setup and could advise how to get up and running with it.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

follow the install videos from terry but change rotation and monitor setup to match yours. give it a try and if you need some tips just open a new topic and ask

for IOS and Android

N3roflint
            Participant
              @n3roflint

I currenlty don’t use a frontend on my cab but I recently tried the PInup system to see how it was and I would recommend it to anyone over any of the others out there. No comparison in my opinion.

Works on desktop too.

Drybonz
              Participant
                @drybonz

I need to get the PinUp thing going… I started setting it up but it seemed really exhausting, so I just put it on hold.  I need to try again at some point.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

It’s not bad honestly but agreed seems like a task to switch! You won’t be disappointed that’s for sure it’s worth it.

and best part is if you want you still have the old frontend so your good either way

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                    @terryred
                    MemberContributorModerator

I need to get the PinUp thing going… I started setting it up but it seemed really exhausting, so I just put it on hold. I need to try again at some point.

Follow my videos, and go from there….if you do that, then you’ll have few (er) problems getting all setup.

I still have my old PBX setup on my cab….but haven’t gone back to it since installing Popper.

bord
                      @bord
                      MembervipContributorModerator

It’s not bad honestly but agreed seems like a task to switch! You won’t be disappointed that’s for sure it’s worth it.

and best part is if you want you still have the old frontend so your good either way

I don’t use a front-end often but I would like to try PinUp out. I’m not concerned with the time involved in setting it up the first time. But how hard is ongoing maintenance, stuff like adding new tables? Does that look fairly similar to Pinball X in the time/effort domain?

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Easier then pbx to maintain but really both are not that hard just easier in pinup drag/drop is one example to add stuff and it scans for anything new in folders if you choose  :good:

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Scotty VH
                          @scottt
                          ModeratorMember

I’m trying and failing, but I think I probably missing a key point or two.  Can we get a topic going for this… perhaps under Front Ends along side of PinballX and Hyperpin??

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

I’m trying and failing, but I think I probably missing a key point or two. Can we get a topic going for this… perhaps under Front Ends along side of PinballX and Hyperpin??

If you can start a thread here in the PinUP Forum…  be happy to assist you getting up and running in Desktop mode.  i was planning to make a DT set of files, so we can figure out a good solution.

also, let me know if you have 1 or 2 screens for DT.  and what items you’d like to see at the same time…  like playfield videos? bg? dmds?  … all that can be put on one screen or around multiple.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?