This topic contains 121 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  arconovum 4 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 122 total)
  • Author
     CarnyPriest 
    Participant

I have a Google account but no gmail, so no access for me as of yet. Guess I’ll have to start a garbage gmail account. *sigh.

At least it’s not Facebook.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  CarnyPriest.
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I have a Google account but no gmail, so no access for me as of yet. Guess I’ll have to start a garbage gmail account. *sigh.

At least it’s not Facebook.

I just PM’ed you. lol facebook.

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

I apologize for misspeaking. I can now see that you shared your drive with me a couple of days ago. So, although a Google account is required a gmail address is not. Users can provide the email through which they do login to Google services. Thanks so much!  :good:

Some users who have liked this topic:

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

And I even had notice on my email. It’s basically another garbage account, so I don’t check it like I should. It’s all good.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Nice! Does this work in FS for cabs too? Or will I only be playing this on my coffee table?

We need a POP front end signature!!! Or no?

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

Amazing! I’ll be joining the crew!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of Pinball Magic

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Nice! Does this work in FS for cabs too? Or will I only be playing this on my coffee table?

coffee table only…

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Major improvement to the Genie Backglass, I will post when I update the table. Left New, Right Previous.

Attachments:
     nFozzy 
    Participant

I’m having an annoying issue on a WIP table of mine where the full cabinet isn’t rendering properly. The apron and front of the cabinet are cut off. Do you know how to fix that?

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I’m having an annoying issue on a WIP table of mine where the full cabinet isn’t rendering properly. The apron and front of the cabinet are cut off. Do you know how to fix that?

I have indeed dealt with that, basically you have hit VP’s front clipping plane, unfortunately your options will be limited if I recall, I need to find the table where I solved for that because I can’t remember the solution. I will look in to it first thing after a morning coffee, and if you figure it out in the interim, before I give you an answer back, let me know.

EDIT: I don’t know what you used to make the apron , but it looks like I had to use a ramp element that extends beyond the front end of the table (meaning my apron texture has an alpha channel), this combined with the camera placement but I cannot verify that atm.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  arconovum.
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Banzai Run in FSS is up on the google drive. don’t forget to use the appropriate XML (default: full screen landscape) for the view you are using or things start looking weird!, also.. a big ALSO: don’t mess with the views unless you really… really… REALLY…. know what you are doing. Otherwise enjoy the release!

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
     rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

For Banzai Run,

On my desktop, no matter which POV file I use, I can’t get a good view.  The table is always off center.  I’m sure I just don’t know what I’m doing.

On my cab, I get an error on line 621.  Object does not support this property or method: Controller.GetClientRect

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

For Banzai Run,

On my desktop, no matter which POV file I use, I can’t get a good view. The table is always off center. I’m sure I just don’t know what I’m doing.

On my cab, I get an error on line 621. Object does not support this property or method: Controller.GetClientRect

what versions of applications please, vpinmame and vpinball, and scripts too?
    EDIT: I have
    vpinmame 2.9.0.0 , dated 4/16/2017
    vpinball 10.4.0 rev 3237

EDIT2:
    might as well give me your video resolution settings too.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

Cab has latest 10.4 and scripts (3259).  Vpinmame 3.0 sam build from August 11, 2017

Desktop has 10.4 and scripts (3181). Vpinmame 2.9 sam build.

Edit: both are landscape with 1920 x 1080 trying to play in fullscreen.  Although I tried the desktop in landscape and portrait and tested both full screen and desktop views with all the pov files.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  rothbauerw.
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Desktop has 10.4 and scripts (3181). Vpinmame 2.9 sam build.

I need the datecode of this dll.. right click / properties / then details on vpinmame.dll

You need that function .. makes no sense that pinmame is not working fully.

EDIT: make sure you do not have duplicate older vpinmame.DLL’s on desktop.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

The vpinmame info says Feb 28, 2017.  Using the method you described above says modified April 2, 2017.

I did play a game even though the view was skewed.  It plays nice and looks great.  Just one comment, I see you have a Z-scale of 1.15.  That can cause some strange physics behaviors.  I didn’t notice any, just an fyi.

Thanks!

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

yeah you have an older probably the same broken vpinmame 2.9 version as many have had in the past. I have 4/16/2017, its sam version SAMBuild_r4253

EDIT: for you use landscape XML:
    Ultimately goto line 652, in the space above this text”‘ *** Trough ***” paste this,
    pfFormat = 1

EDIT2: don’t worry about the z scaling, its good.

EDIT3: while you are in the script goto the line below it is commented out, uncomment it back in.
    “For each nxxx in BloomLights:nxxx.intensity = nxxx.intensity *SysDNSVal(DNSVal)/DivValues3(DNSVal):Next”

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

That fixed desktop.  Still not centering for full screen.  Interestingly, if I uncheck “test desktop”, load the table, then recheck “test desktop”, the desktop view isn’t right again.

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

That fixed desktop. Still not centering for full screen. Interestingly, if I uncheck “test desktop”, load the table, then recheck “test desktop”, the desktop view isn’t right again.

Once you load the XML you need to re-save the VPX.

EDIT: Also you should not be messing with the FSS / test desktop checkboxes, serious software bugs exist when toggling those 2 checkboxes.

EDIT2: is it possible you accidentally rather than load XML you did a save XML and that would be a bad thing, If I was you I would UnRAR the original files and start over with fresh files.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

EDIT: Also you should not be messing with the FSS / test desktop checkboxes, serious software bugs exist when toggling those 2 checkboxes.

Is this new?  I’ve used “test desktop” extensively building tables without issue.  Also, does that mean Banzai will only run in desktop mode?

EDIT2: is it possible you accidentally rather than load XML you did a save XML and that would be a bad thing, If I was you I would UnRAR the original files and start over with fresh files.

Checked the file dates.  These are the same as those in the RAR.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account