This topic contains 121 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  arconovum 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 122 total)
  • Author
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Is this new? I’ve used “test desktop” extensively building tables without issue. Also, does that mean Banzai will only run in desktop mode?

No it’s not new, only when you have FSS checked that the software bugs come into play, they work in tandem. This is an FSS , it is not FS, it is not DT desktop, even though the test desktop is checked it is not desktop when you use FSS checkbox.

FSS is desktop alternate, its desktop with a backglass, but you cannot have “test desktop’ checkbox alone with my tables, FSS must be enabled.

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

FSS is desktop alternate, its desktop with a backglass, but you cannot have “test desktop’ checkbox alone with my tables, FSS must be enabled.

Yep, I get that.  I’d like the table and backglass to fill the screen in portrait.  It only properly centers the table in the traditional desktop view (landscape).  Let me know if I’m doing a horrible job describing this.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of Pinball Magic

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

Ok, got it working.  Important notes for those new to FSS.  Both FSS and “Test Desktop” need to be checked.  If running in portrait, you need to launch VP from portrait.  The 16:9 pov xml works for portrait at 1920×1080.

@acronovum, please correct me if I misstated anything.

These tables are really cool.  I’m not a fan of playing in desktop.  I generally play full screen portrait on my desktop without a backglass.  This will change how I play on my desktop.  FSS in portrait!

Thank you arcronovum for all the hard work you’ve put into these.  Now that I’ve tried it, I really believe this is going to drive positive changes to how VP tables are developed and played beyond cabinets.

Some users who have liked this topic:

1 user thanked author for this post.
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Ok, got it working. Important notes for those new to FSS. Both FSS and “Test Desktop” need to be checked. If running in portrait, you need to launch VP from portrait. The 16:9 pov xml works for portrait at 1920×1080.

Just one correction both the FSS and “Test Desktop” are (checked : “ON”) by default , you should not have to do anything.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Roth I agree they look super! In my opinion the best way to play desktop is fss if your monitor is big enough and turned of coarse

We need a POP front end signature!!! Or no?

Scotty VH 
    ModeratorMember

FSS is so cool.  Now, I need to make one of those coffee tables!

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

So I was hoping to make a video to show these off on my FSS cab but I’m out of time. So this is what I call the
    ‘sixteen-nine-specials’ I have basically 2 flavors one with topper the other without, the ones with are setup to play sitting down the other when standing. I’ve done about 25 of these so far, 3 of them don’t have a topper per say but show off the entire backbox rather than being clipped, like Big Guns, Gilligans Island, and Banzai Run .

So I will make 4 posts, but each post has approx 4 images.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  arconovum.

Attachments:
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Attachments:
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Attachments:
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Attachments:
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Attachments:
     arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

And Finally Tron and Twilight Zone, but twilight has no topper yet, just my color correction stuff.

Attachments:
     rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

Wow!  Love it!

WED21 
    Participant

Damn these are gorgeous!!

The Loafer 
    Participant

I got a chance to try a few if your FSS tables and it is impressive , just seems to add so much depth to everything

it’s 100% guarantee that in the next year or so i am going to upgrade from my iPad Pro to a new windows surface pro tablet and your releases will be my number one reason why I am making the switch!

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Will the new surface run vpx decent?

these look great!

We need a POP front end signature!!! Or no?

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I got a chance to try a few if your FSS tables and it is impressive , just seems to add so much depth to everything

it’s 100% guarantee that in the next year or so i am going to upgrade from my iPad Pro to a new windows surface pro tablet and your releases will be my number one reason why I am making the switch!

Was thinking of having you over in the new year so you can check out my FSS tables on my FSS build, then you will see FSS in its full glory…

Thalamus 
    Participant
    ContributorMember

Made any progress on the build you want to show us ?

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Made any progress on the build you want to show us ?

it is that, but it has/is changing enormously.

The Loafer 
    Participant

I got a chance to try a few if your FSS tables and it is impressive , just seems to add so much depth to everything it’s 100% guarantee that in the next year or so i am going to upgrade from my iPad Pro to a new windows surface pro tablet and your releases will be my number one reason why I am making the switch!

Was thinking of having you over in the new year so you can check out my FSS tables on my FSS build, then you will see FSS in its full glory…

that works for me good sir!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 122 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account